History is being made today Veeky Forums tell me your opinion on Brexit...

History is being made today Veeky Forums tell me your opinion on Brexit. I know this belongs on /pol/ but I wanna read what Veeky Forums has to say.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Reuters/status/745985973595561984
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope britain leaves. The EU is basically the >H>R>E 2:electric boogaloo.
The eternal Krautz is trying to ruin Europe again

There is no future for the UK outside the EU.

There is no block or group that will take us. Less than 2% of australias trade is with us. They dont give a fuck. Europe is the only realistic option.

kys cuck

Bump

I thought you still got a fair amount of trade from Canadians. I would also say India, but I think I'm stretching there.

The krauts have a tendency to ruin everything they touch.
Be it the >holy roman empire meme, abandoning their crazy ass wizard religions to christianity, fucking up the world in both ww's and now this.
But we had a similar referendum in Greece last year in which we voted no to staying in landslide. The kraut bureaucrats blackmailed us to turn our 'no' to 'yes'.
Now they do dirty tricks again with manipulating the british media.
Krauts are absolutely blonde haired jews.

I'm PRO European Federation, but ANTI EU. EU as it is now is so divisive it will eventually lead to violence because Brussels is way too ambitious in becoming a single state. They know democratic referendums won't be fast enough, so they are trying to achieve their single state undemocratically (which will lead to violence eventually)

The EU is also very undemocratic both internally and externally. Referendums on EU treaties are usually "you can vote, just as long as you vote for whatever we want (see Ireland). Internally of course the EU is completely against the parliamentary democracies of the EU countries with the government (commission and council) being superior to the parliament. Com,mssion and council are also very undemocratic.

The EU is taking things too fast, and i'm afraid the EU will sour the concept of an united Europe.

Do you really think the EU will blockade the UK if it leaves? European countries will still do trade with the UK, even if it leaves the union.

>I'm PRO European Federation
Based on what? What reason does all of Europe have to federalize? You could argue (as I do) for the federalization of countries in certain regions that share a common history, culture and linguistic group (Scandinavia, the Latin countries of Europe, some not-shit Yuguslavia) but the entire continent? What basis is there for this otther than "muh superpower"?

If power is all you care about, you could always petition for your country becoming America's 51st state.

Retard detected

Yes if UK leaves the EU, that means there will be no more trade between the two. We will immediately blockade the UK and put embargoes in place.

The European Union is a particular institute. It is NOT Europe, it is NOT European cooperation, it is NOT the only way for Europe to organise itself.

I hope the UK leaves
I'm Australian tho so its not like my opinion matters

Britain, which already takes from the EU more than it gives, is now in a win-win situation.

If they leave, they spend less.
If they stay, they take more.

The EU will bend over backwards to prevent another referendum such as this one from taking place.

The UK has a luxury few other UE members have: a Commonwealth made of countries that don't require an army of translators to talk to.

Two weeks ago, well before a certain whole murderous incident - as if there is any surprise that there would be some people questioning the right to live of certain politicians, in this day and age - I predicted the UK voting to remain, and I stand by that prediction, though I really, really want them to fuck off this Union.

The EU that should have remained a Britain-free economic cooperation and standardization zone, with no delusions of political universality like the Holy Roman Empire, which thought itself a humanity-wide project universal, being to politics what the Catholic Church was supposed to be for Western Christianity.

Britain has its Commonwealth, we can have one of our own, no need for one country to sleep in two different beds.

>History is being made today
>History is always being made

Not him, but greater collaboration is useful for collaborating individuals.

A European federation would be better than joining the United States because, obviously, Europe is more geographically, politically and economically relevant.

I would like to see a federation on every part of the world in a global union.

Alternatively, I would like to see my own country subjugate the rest of the world.

Can anyone actually summarize the case for leaving? Everything I've heard is either super vague or factually incorrect. Polling also seems to indicate that pro-leave sentiment is inversely correlated with education. Is this a revolution of Daily Mail readers?

You don't need to be in an economic bloc to do trade with said bloc, there are freetrade agreements you retard victim of remain false propaganda.

Italy will be Europe 3rd economic power, so I'm fine with Brits killing themselves

basically fishers have regualtion to meet, that fuck them over, and workers have to face cheap competion from easter europe.

The problem is they don't relize most of the economy is now based more on finance and trades more than internal industry, so leaving will kill UK in the long and short run

>fifth largest economy
>accounts for 6% of world's GDP
>b-but nobody will trade

Christ remain voters are such retards

Better question: If the UK leaves, will there be referendums held for the rest of the EU?

Remain is inversely correlated with not being a cuck.

Literally every remain """man""" is an Owen Jones-looking cuck.

The EU should have kicked them.

>Europe is more geographically, politically and economically relevant.
Oh really? The entire EU combined as it is today, if it were to become one country, would have close to twice America's population with only a slightly larger GDP. Furthermore it'd still have a smaller industrial base, have less Fortune 500 companies, a smaller military, less global projection power and less soft power (inb4 that bullshit Monocle study that claims Britain has the most soft power in the world because they hosted the olympics once). And then there's the fact that Europe has no future: nobody reproduces, everyone hates their countries and rapefugees are needed to keep birth rates at a net positive. Compare America, where birth rates already are at a net positive.

Europe has no future, and America is looking East for good reasons. Federalizing will only delay the inevitable.

A Dutch proverb is "if one sheep crosses the dam, more will follow". If Britain proves they can leave the UK without turning into a third world country, those countries that are getting a bad deal (mostly southern Europe and France) will be inclined to see leaving as an option. I imagine many of these countries will make "or else!" demands from Germany.

Remain.

I want a United States of Europe

Fuck You.

>nobody reproduces, everyone hates their countries and rapefugees are needed to keep birth rates at a net positive

M8 America ain't any better: Hispanics are outbreeding Natives by a shitload

Yeah, there's a reason why it's called the Asian Century. Nevertheless America is in an infinitely better position than most countries in Europe.

America will exist 100 years from now. The European Union is guaranteed to not exist anymore by then, and Britain's future existence up to that point is dubious.

US total fertility rate is 1.88; its below replacement levels as well.
Ultimately France is the greatest nation (among innumerable other glories) for being the only large (Ireland is too small to count) Western country which has a positive TFR.

>United States of Europe

>America will exist 100 years from now.
people said the same about the soviet union in the 70s

If you're trying to imply that the United States now is comparable to the Soviet Union of the 70s those are some serious implications.

I hope they do vote to leave. I also hope Germany attempts a blockade.

EUROWAR NOW

Hispanics are the true Natives anyway.

Here's an Essay question for all the Cold War buffs here. In light of all the Remain shilling in Britain.

To what extent did the EU help to maintain peace in Europe after its formation opposed to the contribution of NATO?

As a spaniard, I wish they vote to leave. Hopefully it will be harder for those fuckers to immigrate here.

With luck maybe we can leave too and pogrom the shit out the germans in Mallorca.

France is 10% Muslim, that might have something to do with their TFR

>having an education in gender studies or some random engineering course makes you geopolitically or economically savy

Most people my age with a college course i know are just as clueless about actual politics as your average basic education chump

>European
>Union

Logically I know remain is the logical choice but as a devoted frankaboo I really really want Britain to fuck off
I hate that bloody island so goddamn much

>But we had a similar referendum in Greece last year in which we voted no to staying in landslide.
>grease
opinion discarded.

I want it too. And that's why England needs to leave.

If they stay, they will make sure that the union remains a bureaucratic trade organization, and they will sabotage any attempt at building a political union, even if they're not included.
Their policy has always been to try and prevent the rise of a superpower on the continent, and they will keep trying. It is just easier to achieve from inside the union, that's why they joined and why Cameron wants to remain.

Every Brit who wants a real European union needs to vote leave and then emigrate.

I just want something to fucking happen

The EEC was just an economic block. It had some political/ideological/propagandistic influence in the western block I suppose.

France doesn't have a positive fertility rate. It's not by much, but it is still under the 2.1 needed for growth.

And yeah, about 25% of newborns in France have two African parents.

>Do you really think the EU will blockade the UK if it leaves? European countries will still do trade with the UK, even if it leaves the union.

Absolutely. Us continentals together still have the biggest economy in the world. We'll be only a little poorer.

>Muh superpower

>To what extent did the EU help to maintain peace in Europe after its formation opposed to the contribution of NATO?
The reason we're not fighting one another in open war is because we haven't forgotten WW2 yet, in fact we've been so busy rebuilding all these decades, and also symmetrical warfare falling out of fashion.

Neither NATO nor EU was able to prevent Russia from annexing Crimea, they're completely worthless and Putin rightfully laughs at their faces.

>UK leaves EU
>Scotland holds referendum
>Votes independent
>Scotland joins EU

I voted remain.

I want an EU army and England to engage more with the EU process. We keep electing ukip meps who do fuck all.

The EU had a hard time getting its member states to blockade Russia who was aggressively invading a sovereign state, you really think the EU could make its members blockade Britain for no reason?

Nah mate.

I wonder about some of the argument for leaving like say the "fishing quota" argument

the fishing quotas are based on keeping a stable fish population so even if they leave the UK can't exactly start plundering the seas so to speak without fucking themselves over hard and even if they tried it would be very easy for the EU to ban imports of all fish that aren't fished in an ecologically friendly way which would still force the UK to abide by the rules.

Unlikely. Spain probably won't allow it.

Also why would Scots desire independence from the U.K only to give it to the EU?

>Polling also seems to indicate that pro-leave sentiment is inversely correlated with education.
>only the elites can have their own opinions
this is you

EU and pro-EU politicians failed to address problems of poorly educated Britons, the referendum is a test if their working class still exists.
Insulting their lack of education is as idiotic argument as there can possibly be, democracies' citizens are both smart and stupid, educated and uneducated, poor and rich, men and women etc. etc. therefore the unrest of the underclass is just as relevant as the unrest of the top 1-2% and downplaying its relevancy because "lol they didn't even finished degree mill" reeks of intellectual dishonesty.

Crimea's population was 80% ethnically russian and the island itself was host to russian black sea fleet, taking Crimea was like stealing candy from a baby. The EU and US are really overblowing the whole situation.

Still, they should've at least pretended to put up a fight instead of them just waltzing into Sevastopol and seizing control

>he thinks education level = understanding politics

Hahahaha. Most "smart educated people" (i.e a fucking bachelors degree in something) think that leaving is a inherently right wing opinion and staying is a inherently left wing opinion
despite the fact that the biggest supporter of leave (Cameron) is a crooked neoliberal capitalist whose campaign leader admitted that leaving the EU would give rise to the salaries of British citizens.

t. masters degree from a country where most people have uni degrees yet still can't vote properly

Funny thing is that this is exactly what Merkel must have said

>biggest supporter of stay*

What I'm getting from this thread is that "leave" is based entirely on memes. Do any leavers have a rational argument?

Iirc the actual deal that the Greeks voted on last year was cancelled before the referendum actually took place

Le Pen wants referendum regardless of whether Brexit will or won't happen, I assume eastern Europe may do the same, except they will quit once current EU budget, very, very profitable for this part of the Union will run its course(and it definitely won't happen again since the region "burned" itself in eyes of EU bureaucrats because they didn't want to accept refugees).

For Germany, regardless of everything, EU is profitable as is eurozone, the question is how many "big" players like Britain of France can quit before the costs of keeping southern Europe afloat will outweight the benefits caused by currency rates being more profitable for exports and having very open market to dump their products in. At some point it will, the question is when.

BENELUX will probably stay as they are, Denmark in general was always very anti-EU and only got into it because of their politicians' insistence so give them one populist party to rally people on the DENXIT banners and they'll quit. Sweden will stay, Southern Europe will stay as long as a) germany will stop keeping them afloat b) some reformists will take over and spin the economy so they will be able to build their own stable economy.

Putin took crime but lost Ukraine. I don't think he's laughing about that.

>germany will stop keeping them afloat
won't stop*

>allowed to make up your own laws instead of following what bureaucrats in brussels say you should do
>immigrants get BTFO
>sovereign
>i-it's all memes goy

>lost Ukraine

Never wanted it, and never would've gotten it.

Crimea is much, much more important in his eyes

It still doesn't look positive on the leave campaign that it gets a large portion of its base from uneducated fishers

What are the chances for an EU 'civil' war if Brexit is voted, yet the EU didn't allow it? It's about time for another great European war.

>immigrants get BTFO
No they won't.

If anything eastern euros will leave. That's something but Gyppos, Pakis and Ayyyrabs will stay there.

Brussels bureaucracy is a literal meme

>germany attempting naval action against britain
kek

see Or are you still insisting that lack of higher education means that your problems don't exist and shouldn't be addressed?

Pro-remain activists knew "uneducated fishers" had problem. Why didn't they address it?

>uneducated means stupid

Ironically enough many of those uneducated fishers are probably smarter than you

>Or are you still insisting that lack of higher education means that your problems don't exist and shouldn't be addressed?
More that your solutions probably aren't very good

>Pro-remain activists knew "uneducated fishers" had problem. Why didn't they address it?

The "uneducated fishers" will be hurt by leaving, just like everyone else.

>are probably smarter than you
And your reasoning is?

Then what's pro-remain solution?

Postponed until the referendum was over.
If they voted yes, Tsipras would sign it no matter what.
If no Tsipras would reject it and theyd have to throw us out.
But they were played like a fiddle

They aren't stupid enough to think that a diploma makes you smart

I don't know man, the anti-german sentiment is strong here in the South (maybe except Italy?). And for the people the EU is Merkel. Maybe not referendums, but we will see turmoil.

Spain has elections soon, we will see.

He did want it and still does. Not as a part of the Russian federation, of course, but as a puppet state under exclusive Russian control.
That's why he started this whole affair by forcing Ukraine to abandon the association agreement they were planning to sign with the EU.
And that failed, even though they managed to save crimea.

Immigration in the UK comes mostly from the Commonwealth.

I am not really left/right wing but it is at this point pretty clear to anyone with half the brain that EU as it stands now is a disaster.
You have Germany being the sole dictator to most of the other members, Italy and Spain are in economical slowdown, Greece is shit, half the eastern European states are shit, France is autistic when it comes to being co leader with Germany and UK is already in a way outside the entire circus.Only Germany and to lesser degree Poland have any real benefit from EU.

EU will fail for sole reason why USSR or Yugoslavia fell, they too had large bureaucratic leadership that was in its final days just dictating terms to everybody else.
Immigration is just the most clear example of EU not working, but there are so many other issues that never see the daylight.

Finally, for sake of every European culture and nation, EU needs to die.

twitter.com/Reuters/status/745985973595561984

looks like another refugee is angry he didn't get his free bennies on time

why doesn't this happen in Angloland more often?

There's a sentiment but no political force is heavily anti-EU and none of them has ideas how to solve their economic problems other than "get more money from Germany" either. There may be turmoil but won't be any referendum.

NATO prevents it. The USA will not allow internal fights between his pseudo-puppets.

This is so retarded it blew my mind
I guess studying economics in college and following politics obsessively for several years means I'm dumber than some random fisher because I don't subscribe to a platitude from user on a Mongolian boat crafting forum

Makes you more educated, not in any way smarter.

>I guess studying economics in college and following politics obsessively for several years means I'm dumber than some random fisher because I don't subscribe to a platitude from user on a Mongolian boat crafting forum
To be fair?

Yes.

You're playing semantics like a child

>he thinks intelligence is the same thing as level of education

Dingus detected

they won't blockade, you're right, but sure the economic partnership won't be the same as it was before

Is there a way for South Europe to recover? It looks like no matter how much money Merkel throws there the problem is different and the debt is impossible to pay by now.

For Greece there was but it was cut down by ranking agencies. Return to Drachma and 5 years of deep depression would save the economy from the current 50+ years of slightly depression course they're on. Except every time Syriza made statement about it, ranking agencies lowered their ranking even further, making the transition impossible at some point.

For all of them it would be solution but I think Italy could be still salvaged as it is, but it requires competent politicians this country simply doesn't have.

"We've all been told '''''FACTS'''' and ''''STATISTICS""""" by these so called '''EXPERTS''' for too long!"

*beats chest

"THE PEOPLE know all they need to know about complex economical systems to vote for leave, and no ''''''''''CONSENSUS ON THE ACTUAL RESULTS""""""" is going to change ou-- I mean their minds!"

Good show of autism but this isn't reddit.

Also nice unrelated projection you've got there, were you perchance bullied in school?

>adjusts mic
N-N-NOW HOLD ON MAYBE WE SHOULD PERHAPS THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES SUCH A VOTE WOULD HAVE ON IMMIGRANTS ALL ACROSS BRITAIN
>breaks wrist
Y-YOU SEE THESE PICTURES OF POOR STARVING CHILDREN IN UGANDA? THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD LET IN MILLIONS OF PAKISTANI MIGRANTS
>fellates POC audience members
>receives standing ovation

>muh sovereignty

>implying im an anglo
hope you absolute niggers vote remain and destroy your country for the blood your ancestors spilled throughout history,
to be honest

If you wanted them to get fucked you would tell them to leave
Of course you can't expect much from a potatonigger

The euro was a mistake.