Tfw philosophy major

>tfw philosophy major
>79k in debt
>working at gas station

How do I fix this?
I only have 2k in the bank and have a 2015 f-150.

kill yourself

Think about it, philosophy boy.

Apply some of that rigorous thinking you learned as a scholar. I'm just half joking. Assuming you didn't just smoke weed you must have learned something of value. Start a blog, do a youtube channel, just do anything and do a lot of it.

kneepads my good man

it is actually your last resort since you got indebt for philosophy

you can get into finance or sales jobs. For finance try to get an interview and prove that you are smart and moldable and learn excel stuff. Otherwise you can get a sales position somewhere if you have the personality for it.

Why do you have a 2015 F-150 when you make almost minimum wage

That would depend on what you mean by "why".

Join the FBI.

Go live in a cave until you figure it out.

You'll never get out. I'm in the same boat myself, and it will likely just be IBR for the rest of my life and the government will never see a dime.

If you studied philosophy then you must have also have learned that most philosophers were either landed gentry and aristocrats that lived off their wealth, land, and rent (Marx, Russell, Byron, Montesqui, Voltaire, etc) or poorfag NEETs that didn't give a shit about their worldly conditions and lived a shitty hermit lifestyle of poverty, loneliness, and contemplation (Buddha, Socrates, Diogenes, Laozi, etc)

There's no "career" in philosophy.

79k in debt for what you could have learned for,free with a library card and watching videos on YouTube.

I guess you can ponder your existence while blowing minorities for lunch money. So yeah,,add multitasking as a skill on the old resume.

What were you expecting to do when you graduated? What kind of job where you thinking of. I want to know.

Oh fuck you

>Marx
>'landed gentry and aristocrats'
lol
>Engels basically gave him everything

>have a 2015 f-150

Should set up a business with the truck. Move stuff, and fill it with yardwork equipment when there's nothing to move. Hire a couple other broke students and pay them minimum wage, but under the table.

Same idea; he lived off a rich aristocrat's wealth while philosophizing.

OP, just get a teaching license (takes about 6-8 months) and start teaching at your local public school. You'll make around 50k a year.

Not bad money compared to working in a gas station.

Kek.

Serious answer: try earning some spare cash for awhile doing freelancing. Writing, programming, web design, whatever. Yes, you may have to do a lot of messing around on your own time and learn for free before you deserve to get paid.

Longer term, you could try distilling your philosophy knowledge into an original spin on self-help crap. You have to keep it simple because the proles who read that stuff are pretty fucking dumb. It's not totally impossible if you have a good message that brings value to people's lives, and you're somewhat sociable on Youtube/blogging/etc.

Alternatively, sell the truck and put every dime you own in Bitcoin, plus a small collection of whatever meme stocks are being hawked here. Live on canned chili until at least a few of them pay off.

savage

There are so many jobs that only require you go to college, just dont expect to get in anything related to ur major. you will bs living a life of 50 to 60k a year.

Short navient

Not applicable in all states. My state for example requires a 4 yr degree and depending on which school system you work for you could start as low as 32k.

>tfw philosophy major
I found your problem OP

>4 yr degree

which OP has in philosophy

>you could start as low as 32k

which state?

that sounds like private school salary or some small town

public school teachers generally make a little bit more than that in most states thanks to unions

The guy in the picture is just so blissfully happy, I can't help you.

>it, philosophy boy.
yeh, rekd.

>>Think about it, philosophy boy.
Yeh, rkd.

As a philosophy grad, this is entirely the truth. If you came to philosophy for the money, you've been sent the wrong way.

Good one

probably best and only real advice you'll get in this thread op

the other day a philosophy major said he spent his years in college fucking, smoking pot and reading based philosophy books. and now he is lecturing on a uni. Why cant you do it?
Pro tip : if you are going to get a low paying job, you should clean houses/paint walls they pay far more more than in a gas station in USA also its almost tax free if you know what i mean.