Armour and Uniforms Thread

Post your favorite armours and/or uniforms from any time and place in history.

I will bump some pictures, here is Charles V parade helmet.

Also, feel free to write facts about the armour you are posting.

Why do important people dress like shit nowadays? If you saw someone wearing something like this, you would immediately know that he was a big guy. Now everyone wears suits.

I don't think it really matters nowadays.

Are these actual armors or just decorations made by nobles to show off their wealth?

Suit is more practical.

There are no great leaders anymore. Everyone is just a thief and puppet. They aren't worthy to wear a suit of armour like that.

>now everybody wears suits.

Yes, but idk, maybe it's because of my job and shit, but there's a huge difference in some shmuck wearing a Calvin Klein suit and guess watch and a man wearing a Rolex with a Louis Vuitton suit and shoes.

That's how you know someone is big now a days. Step your game up little nigga.

Anyone can afford to be gaudy now so it doesn't set you apart like it used to.

Suits are kind of like uniforms and the elite will wear expensive watches, sunglasses and things like insignias.

I got R.R. McIan's Clans of the Scottish Highlands for my birthday. It's really great.

Parade armours

>you would immediately know that he was a big guy
For you

Just because armor looks fancy doesn't mean it's purely decorative.

It's like if you saw a rock musician with a Gibson Les Paul Gold Top, you wouldn't assume that they never actually played it.

Also check out how Scottish this armor is
>them thistles

Just imagine how satisfactory it was to wear this.

Looks more like its meant for decorations tbqh. Why put all that time into making it pretty? A war armor would be an efficiency machine, not a beauty parlor metal.

>thinks armor cant be pretty and effective

After doing a bit of search, looks like I was right. This is a decorative piece rather than a war armor. Worn by this prince(ss). A 16 year old prince to be precise.

I was gonna post this but I'm glad I didn't because I didn't have the picture so yours was funnier.

chainmail vest and helmet worn by Kondo isami, the commander of the shinsengumi.

The shinsengumi were a paramiltary unit charged with maintaining order in Kyoto during the bakumatsu.

The chain mail, I believe would have been worn under his cloths

Kings are the biggest thieves of all

gorgeous

From around the world

As far as practicality goes, which nations were the best? I like the royak armor and all, but what did the majority of knights and soldiers wore?

That's fucking dope, context?

>oceania
why does it look like a poorly made action hero with a outfit and a sword made of aquatic and marine shit?

I don't like to be that guy, but the african one looks extremely asian.

We live in a society of merchants, not nobles.

This looks gorgeous and practical as well.

Because of
1) Westernization
European empires roamed the world convincing everyone that your aesthetics are shit. Idiots believe them.
2) Nationalism & Democracy
Claims of pluralism and egalitarianism led to leaders of nations wearing pleb tier shit because of it.

You want important people to dress otherwise? Look to monarchies, theocracies, and military dictatorships. Not in republics.

>thinks having big grabby-horns on the head is effective
So yer enemy can take hold of your helmet more easily and throw you down by it, or strangle you, or have more leverage to knock it off yer head?

OP here, another armour bump.

Portuguese Harquebusier's armour during D. Pedro II's rule.

Looks like hes got skate shoes on.

When, where? You have to be more precise.

If your enemy is close enough to grab your helmet youre already dead. That means he has a free hand, which means he probably doesnt have a shield and you suck at fighting.

Why did they transition from the close helms to completely open faced helmets?

>i have zero experience in reenactment, hema or martial arts but boy thats a stupid helmet, let me tell you why

Helmets have always gone back and forth really.

Latter Chink armor is always beaten by Classical Chinese armor tho.

blinged out armour add protection: people know you're rich so they're going to try to capture you rather than kill to ransom you

my nigga

But Oceania has the GOAT armour

>Why do important people dress like shit nowadays?

Because most people aren't as stupid as they were back then, meaning, they realize there's more to a "leader" than just a flashy fucking costume.

>Because most people aren't as stupid as they were back then
b8

Thing about pretty armor is that it would be a pain in the dock to repair the details of they were scratched, scorched, dented, ect.
Would be easier on everyone to wear normal armor for a fight

It's from the south of Sudan, what makes you think it looks Asian?

It's made of wicker, coconut fiber, ironwood, dried fish husks and shark teeth.

Pretty resourceful 2bh

If someone wears Rolex and Louis Vuitton, he's just a nouveau riche faglord who probably can't eat properly at a diner table. A Charvet suit and/or shirt will really show you are a distinguished person.

The world is far more educated than ever before

And all the food we have means more nutrition goes to the brains of everyone during their childhoods, making people in general just smarter

It's kind of sad that the Victorians had to go and "restore" most armours they had to pure silver finishes when most examples were probably painted. Probably has completely skewed the popular image of medieval armour for decades if not centuries.

Kind of a misleading picture to be honest; all the armours in there are from wildly different periods of history.

These look gaudy how do you even put these on??

You can literally say that about all armor.

Well in case of the T'ang-Song Chinese one.
>Forearm guards and greaves go first.
>Followed by the "pauldrons" and the "faulds."
>Fauld is sometimes integrated into the first layer cuirass, which is front lacing.
>A front and back facing second layer of lamellar, or partial plate is them topped over the first layer of lamellar like a front and back facing apron.
>A cushion or yet another lamellar belt is them wrapped around you, secured by the snarling demon bellyplate/belt buckle.

However there's no uniform armor of this style really since this represented the high end shit worn by generals, elite units, and richer private military organizations, and were often custom made. Some were fully lamellar, some were partial plate/lammellar, later on some of these even came with chainmail integration. Some officers eschewed this style for a brigandine armor.

>These look gaudy
Mountain pattern was most likely ceremonial or reserved for higher ranking generals.

>how do you even put these on??
beat me to it

>Some officers eschewed this style for a brigandine armor.
Not until the Ming.

Isn't that the armor of that Austalian real world shit poster who made a homemade suit of iron?
Pretty sure

I'm fairly certain that 'white armour' was at least during the first half of the 15th century quite popular, at least with the English, since I remember to have read accounts of Italian mercenaries who specifically remarked on the English habit to polish their armours when not in combat so that they would shine white on the battlefield.

It's Ned Kelly's armor.

I'll be the first one with uniforms then

>tfw you'll never defeat Rommel while wearing crisp shorts

I love the look of some of the really early US Marines landing in Vietnam all in full body armor and gear.

Metin 2 core

... .

. .. .

. . . ..

shit looks like lord of the rings tier desu

i love the vendel period helmets

I like crusader bucket too

Kettel Helmet with bevor is cool too

couldnt that fuck you up if you duck and the sword hits the birdhuman thing, snapping your neck

Romanian general uniform.

The figure would probably just break off

Norman helmet is cool.

yes to bad i got few pics of them

How did Christian justify wearing armor with demons on them?

Caveman spongebob?

Also why arent there any good looking bucket helms?

I guess in the same way that Christians justify putting gargoyles and other depictions of demons on churches: They serve to fend off real demons, to ridicule the devil or to scare away evildoes.

tfw my thread took off while i was away

>Sanskrit writing
>Chinese dragons
>curved sword
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out where that uniform is from...

I will post these WWII and Post-War Soviet Uniforms, then dump armor.