What if it was Malcolm X and W.E.B. DuBois who had won over the Black Americans? How would things be different today?

What if it was Malcolm X and W.E.B. DuBois who had won over the Black Americans? How would things be different today?

More suicide bombings

>Martin Luther King
>Malcolm X
>W.E.B. DuBois

I'm not American but what the fuck was up with those ridiculous names?

The Black Americans were trying to make their own culture. With Malcolm, I think the "X" part was a nickname. With DuBois, his name was really fucking long, something like "William Edward Burnheart" If I remember correctly. And King Jr, well, Black parents can get a bit... creative sometimes.

Malcom X disregarded his name as a white person thing or something like that
As for the others, (free) black people have historically had weird ass names.

What's ridiculous about Martin King or William Du Bois?

>Martin Luther King
From a religious family.

>Malcolm X
Original name was Malcolm Little, dropped it because it was his ancestors' master's surname.

>W.E.B. DuBois
Seems like a normal old-timey French name to me.

His paternal side had a French-American to contribute that surname.

As much as I hate to say it because I idolise Brother Malcolm, we would be in an even worse predicament than we were at the time. The prevailing sterotype about blacks since reconstruction is that we were uncontrollable, sex addicted, violent thugs. Malcolm has on many occasion called for violence to get freedom. It would only have inflammed the situation. Aside from his call for violence I fully support looking after the well being and success of my people before others.

1st. It's good to see a black man on Veeky Forums, Better to be in the heart of hell than a hugbox.

2nd
>I fully support looking after the well being and success of my people before others.

While I hear this sentiment echoed by whites more often than not, I disagree with it, no matter who's saying it. The stratification and infighting of the human species will only continue so long as the urge to look after, quote, "the well being and success of my people before others." continues.

Sorry to say, but it's true.

Live by the Golden Rule.

>While I hear this sentiment echoed by whites more often than not, I disagree with it, no matter who's saying it. The stratification and infighting of the human species will only continue so long as the urge to look after, quote, "the well being and success of my people before others." continues.
At least he's honest about it, rather than lying about that equality nonsense that nobody belives in anymore.

I understand the idea of world peace and equality very well but where Im from and pulled my self from, things arent so equal with the rest of America, all things considered.

>heart of hell

This board is utter shit desu.

It's not about equality of traits and behavior, it's about equality of treatment under the law.

Fair enough.

Good thing you're making it better.

>My people

Why would you care more about the worst black than the most virtuous Mexican or white? Why care about their skin colour? I prefer a hard-working pole to some scumbag in an estate in the UK.

New states, probably.

Malcolm did resonate with a lot of niggas. He influenced the whole Black Power movement and the ethno-cultural self-identity/pride that came with it. Today he's seen as a hero by many despite the violent and racist rhetoric of his early career

An interesting counterfactual would be what if Marcus Garvey was more influential? Widespread Afrocentrism, Pan Africanism, and niggas moving back

>I prefer a hard-working pole to some scumbag in an estate in the UK.

Apparently the rest of your brethren don't share your sentiments. See: Brexit

Yeah and he stopped those calls before he was assassinated

none of them are ridiculous in the slightest. Maybe Malcolm X, but thats obviously not his real name

Malcom X still gets fucking shot, though it's likely the FBI/CIA would have still allowed him to speak out against the Nation of Islam in order to fracture the black community.

Thats all true, but it is strange to me that people seem to forget that Malcolm was leaning much more towards unity and peace in his final years after leaving NOI. Not just white people, but when blacks bring up Malcolm as a great black leader, they tend to only refer to him in the context of the NOI. It actually took a lot of courage and humility for someone in his position to say he was wrong, and risk his life and reputation over it, but black people seem to just want to embrace the "any means necessary" Malcolm.

Also, I find it that 1. Many black people, mostly the internet ones, absolutely refuse to believe NOI (possibly even Farrakhan) had a hand in killing him. They want to believe that NOI wouldn't harm a fellow black. also 2. It concerns me how much black people (especially the hip hop community) embrace, almost idolize, Farrakhan, considering his racist NOI beliefs, and his possible role in murdering Malcolm. I know hes done some good things for the community, but black people desperately need to stop embracing each other to this extent.

To implement what you are saying would mean breaking up the family structure completely.
Raising kids in tubes and so on.
The nature of social conflict and napotism is built into the familial structure. And of course, conflict is built into human communications.

Even in the supposed "post scarcity" societies there will be things more desirable and things less desirable and certain people will have the former while others the later.
The struggle might be less vicious but it will always be there, at least until we start changing our physiology and communicating in a radically different way or until we each retire to our own virtual world, essentially kept as pets by a benevolent AI who will keep us eternally entertained.

using X as a surname was a common thing among Nation of Islam members because it represented the rejection of their "slave name". Muhammad Ali briefly called himself Muhammad X before changing it to Ali

Maybe the calls of Pan-Africanism should get louder. Would that improve our situation?

Brothers! Brothers please this is a house of peace!!

bump

What's crazy as Farrakhan and the NOI weren't even the worst

Khalid Abdul Muhammad got kicked out cause he was calling for white babies to be murdered and formed the "New Black Panthers", who OG Panthers refuse to acknowledge for obvious reasons

Not necessarily, that ideology just means that all Africans should collaborate and/or unite. It would be great in building relations between Africans and Black Americans, but wouldn't do much in regards to conditions in the US. Pan-Africanism influenced Afro-American identification with Egypt just cause it's in Africa so I'm not a huge fan

Malcom X advocated for less violence though after adopting more traditional Islamic thought rather than NOI though