The Ainu

Tell me more about the Ainu of Japan Veeky Forums, who were they? what was their culture like? What is their relation with the people of the Jomon period?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_X9QxFaHJwA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burakumin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus Christ how barbaric

Wha?

Jesus Christ how horrifying

Have some Jomon pottery. Reminds me of Midna's crown.

I think he means the tats.
Whatever is taboo in his society he sees as "barbaric."

The Romans thought wearing facial hair was "barbaric" for instance.

It's a savage and uncivilized custom.
No wonder the Japs rolled over them

Look can we for once have a serious discussion without resorting to/pol/ tier shitposting and memes?

i like the Jomon clay figurines, remind me of pokemon or some shit like that, real cool and unusual looking.

>remind me of pokemon or some shit like that
They did base a Pokemon off them

I think they are more closely related to siberians than modern japanese people
But then again I really know fuck all about them. I think they were still practicing Animism long after Shintoism was mainstreamed in japan

IIRC they are Japanese, they are the Jomon japanese, while conventional "japs" are the Yamato japanese, IIRC the Ainu are close kin to the now defunct Emishi if anything.

Yeah that's exactly the one i was thinking of, thanks senpai.

Oh ok. Like I said, I know close to nothing about the Ainu. But like other obscure peoples developing around commonly known ones. I tend to be drawn to them.
I also recall something about how they never adopted similar cultural practices to the Yamato Japanese

They still try to keep on their culture up to today, but they are sadly a truly marginalized group in japanese society. And much of it was lost and destroyed by the Yamato.

Yup. IIRC, the generally accepted theory is that the Ainu are the descendants of the original native population, while the Yamato are the descendants of Korean settlers that intermingled with the locals. The Yamato ended up driving the Jomon/Ainu north as they expanded.

Is it true that Japan has gigantic asspain about archeologists proving their civilization came from Korea?

>Yup. IIRC, the generally accepted theory is that the Ainu are the descendants of the original native population, while the Yamato are the descendants of Korean settlers that intermingled with the locals

Korea didn't exist yet, please stop spreading Korean propaganda. The Yayoi were a collecton of settlers from modern day Chinese Eastern coast, Korean Peninsula, and South Western side of Sakhalin. Only Koreans claim that Yayoi were completely Korean.

Of course they did. They're hilariously racist, and up to that point they had been peddling a nationalistic theory that the Yamato were completely distinct ethnically from anyone else around them and that they arose on their island.

Instead, they're just descended from Koreans. It'd be like if the English were descended from Irishmen.

>It'd be like if the English were descended from Irishmen.
But they are.

Except that, as previously stated in this thread, Koreans didn't really exist back then as a national entity so they weren't exactly related to modern day Koreans. Though many of the first Yamato settlers didcome from the area around modern day Korea.

Unwarranted hatred of aesthetic choices is a savage and uncivilized custom

Your butthurt is the only thing that's barbaric.

>not getting the joke

THE AINU DESCEND FROM THE JOMON, A CROMAGNID PEOPLE.

THE YAMATO DESCEND FROM THE YAYOI, AN ARYANID PEOPLE.

I can't believe you've been doing this shit for over a year.

Just ignore him as usual. He'll get bored eventually

Veeky Forums gets triggered by haplogroup discussion, but it's worth noting that the Ainu are the most significant population of D carriers, which as you can see from this map is one of the oldest paternal lineages. The majority of Asians are O, which is a relatively more recent arrival to the area.

>who were they? what was their culture like? What is their relation with the people of the Jomon period?

The major meme about the Ainu is that they are "caucasoid" due to their body hair and beardedness.

Ainu culture appears to be more or less similar to that of the Native Americans as far as simple animism and totemic animals, especially the bear--you can see some videos on YouTube of their songs.

There's an interesting theory that the samurai were primarily of Ainu descent, based on Japanese paintings which show them as having those features.

WE WUZ JAPS N SHIT

>caucasoid

Keep the /pol/ out of this please

So technically the Ainu were Caucasoid instead of Mongoloid. Cool, new relatives.

still the acnestor to Korea though.

I put quotes around it for a reason senpai, google the Ainu and that phrase will pop up in nearly every article

Caucasoid doesn't even make sense for the Ainu though. They have absolutely NO genetic ties to Europeans or the Caucasus at all.

No, that's bullshit wewuz

The Ainu were japanese, they just happened to be hairier than other japanese, hence why /pol/acks like to claim them as ARYANZ BL00D N SHIET

Many of the notable articles come from the time were Caucasoid was used as ta term back in the day. I also misquoted so sorry about that

Modern Ainu are a mix of Northern Jomon,Paleo Siberians and the Yamato Japanese.

>Korean Peninsula
The southern half of the Korean peninsula was the homeland of Japonic speakers.(Goguryeo's Mahan toponyms)

Genetic and archaeological evidence supports this.

The lower Yangtze probably played some cultural role(ohaguro,tattooing,gofuku,Wu Taibo/Shaokang) in the formative years of Japanese civilization.

I perfectly fine with them being closer to someone else's race. We wuz all apes at one time.

wewuz is pretty much a buzzword nowadays.
Just say historical revisionism and drop the memesterism

Hot

>what was
They still exist though?

Yeah, but their cultural traditions have been all but destroyed. Today a few are trying to bring their culture back though.

Yes.

What animaymay is that?

The Ainur?

Yavanna best girl desu

Kuma miko.

What does machi mean in Ainu?

Machi is the word for the female shamans of the mapuche culture in Chile, that it's veru similar to the ainu culture, in clothing and beliefs.

Also some ainu groove.

youtube.com/watch?v=_X9QxFaHJwA

I want to rape and impregnate her.

Remember to read Golden Kamui

Kumamiko.

A sheltered country bumpkin girl who looks after her village shrine is forced to confront the encroachment of technology and society, and her fears.

Very cute.
Also this.

Reading it as we speak, very high quality material there.

Any more manga or animays about Ainu culture?

That's what happens when you try to group people based on superficial phenotypes instead of by genetic proximity

I don't know how mapuche and ainu cultures are similar (muh animism aside), ainu culture revolved around animal spirits (most notably the black bear, which is still a huge symbol of the Ainu culture up to today.) while from what i gather, mapuche beliefs are much more closely tied to the land and landscapes (Mapuche itself meaning "people of the land"). If anything, you'll find more cultural similarity among the alaskan totem tribes like the Tlingit than with say, the mapuche or the tehuelche.

Not that I know of
This one is about an autistic shrine maiden but that's it

The Japanese pretend the Ainu don't exist. There's a lot of autistic low-key discrimination in that country you probably don't know about.

Did you know that people who butcher meat are consider sub-human there?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burakumin

>The Romans thought wearing facial hair was "barbaric" for instance.

late in their history, beards are from greek influence

Take into consideration the migration routes, to get here you have to cross the entire continent, walking.

Those were the most nomads of the nomads and they reached the end of the world and stayed here. given that, any cultural similarity is astonishing.

The animism is not that common as you may think in this cultures, norte chico cultures were sun worshipers like the Incas, and Yaganes the most extreme were monotheistic they have one creator named Temáukel.

Mapuches also had wood totems, they can't worship bears cause there's no bears here, but all the worship of nature thing, is very similar.

Plus some extreme mythology with giant snakes fighting creating the land and the ocean, very cool.

Exactly the same with mapuches.

>The Romans thought wearing facial hair was "barbaric" for instance.

This fell in and out of fashion repeatedly, though. Some of Rome's best emperors wore beards.

That dude looks badass.

>tfw Asians can grow manlier beard than me

Ainu are qts.

Heh, I once read of a Japanese theory believed by some that the Japanese are descended from a different ape than the rest of humanity.

>pver a year
He used to post on /tv/
He's been doing it for years

Lenin?

shit, even with concrete genetic analysis, people are still claiming they weren't part caucasian?
is this like holocaust denials? I mean... why? do racist hate the idea of race-mixing way back in the past?

>who were they?

Ancient Finns

>Did you know that people who butcher meat are consider sub-human there?
>implying you don't find similar phenomena in most civilizations
Even in the West, grave diggers, barber surgeons, knackers, tinkers, shepherds etc. were considered dishonorable trash until not too long ago.

They are a remnant of the Finnish Empires forces that got stranded on Hokkaido after a disastrous battle of the hyper-war. Losing contact with their handlers they achieved a critical mass of autism and reverted to primordial ways, forgetting their identities. All that's left are the huge neckbeards and non-existant smiles.

Finns that migrated to Hokkaido after the great HYPER WAR. AINU bear worship is actually SPURDO worship.

The consensus of academic opinion is starting to get overwhelming. History books rewritten when?

>Wtf why is Veeky Forums acting like /pol/!?!?!?
Gee, why is a board that was invaded by /pol/ since it's release so influenced by /pol/ memes? Hmmm...

The majority not all of the Yayoi settlers came from the southern half of the Korean peninsula, where there is evidence a Japanese-like language was spoken there. Open your eyes you huge weeb faggot

하나 hana / シネ sine
둘 tur / トゥ tu
셋 seis / レ re
넷 neis / イネ ine

Why 1 to 4 in the both of Korean and Ainu languages are analogous?
Why between Korean and Ainu languages has closer relativeness than between Korean and Japanese languages?
Why both of them worshiped bears as their totem?
Origin of the Ainus and Koreans are interesting.

THE JEW FEARS THE SAMURAI

The Koreans, Jomon, and the Yayoi came from the same cultural group, before diverging and forming their own group?

>The consensus of academic opinion is starting to get overwhelming. History books rewritten when?

Soon.

Lemuria can still come back.
If they manage to re-enter existence, a new Golden Age is going to happen on Earth.

link me that

From 15.000 yrs to 7000 yrs ago, Korean peninsula was uninhabited.
The first settler in the area was Jomon people from Kyushu Island of the western Japan.

This is an pottery from early neolithic south korea, pointed out it's relevance to Jomon pottteries.

She's super cute

>were

Go talk to them, mam. They're atill alive.

ayy lmao

Is there any actual literature on this or are you just repeating stuff from that one page on aryanism.net

Are the barbarians or the lemurians from Lemuria ?

>tfw no cute ainu or jomon gf

Lemurians are from Lemuria.

English are 70 percent the same people as the Irish ironically, they like to believe their all Saxons, their 30 percent Saxon at best rest is Celtic which they try heavily to downplay.

> asian eyes
> euro/neardenthal beard
> slavo/scythian head

Looks like a multicultist wet dream.

Ainu have ancestors that were likely somewhat similar in appearance to many Australian Aboriginals and Papuans before European contact and some of them then interbred with Siberians over time and possibly other East Asians over time before that and then later when people similar to many modern East Asians came to the Japanese islands from around South Korea some of the Ainu ancestors also interbred with them.

This is similar to how there is evidence of Melanesian 'negritos' that have lived in the areas of the modern Philippines for a considerable time.

You can see in old photos some of them have slightly curly hair similar to some modern Polynesians descended from people who were similar to many modern South East Asians and Melanesians.

ayyyyyy

Are they like Tajiks?

Yes.

China isn't much better with it's MUH SHANG MUH XIA historical revisionism.

Viet historians literally deny they were ever culturally Sinoized.

Saddest one of all are Koreans who literally can't read their books from a few hundred years ago, because they are all in Chinese.

I've seen people use that image/phrase earnestly before.

I'm calling Poe's law. I had no way to know

Yes and there wasn't really a "Spaniard" in 1492, but Spaniards colonized the fuck out of Latin America.

>MUH SHANG MUH XIA historical revisionism
At least Shang is historical,Chinese archaeologists try way too hard to link Erlitou with Xia.

>somehow implying Celts are native Britons.

Funny enough both Jomon and Amazonian tribes share markers from their ancestors time in Sundaland having Melanesian and Papuans like genetic markers.
They're officially recognized now.
Well that corded pottery is Jomon like and not so much "Korean"
Jomon are literally a southeast Asian/melanesian + Siberian people

>Look at me! I just discovered wikipedia!

AINU PEOPLE ARE THE BEST JAPANESE!

The idea I have (can't remember where I heard it) is that Ainu and Native Americans are both populations that split off from an earlier 'proto-Asian' race or group of races before the rise of agriculture in China lead to the propagation of the modern 'Mongoloid' race across most of East and Southeast Asia, hence why the former populations look so different from the latter. That proto-Asian race was in turn descended from the same people as Melanesians and Dravidians after migrating north and becoming paler. Am I completely wrong?

I try to avoid doing this, but here goes...

Nope, Tajiks are a turkic people, the ainu are japanese and have a rather distinct culture of their own.

Now isn't it sad how every thread ends up degenerating into race autism?

Tajiks aren't Turkic, bro; they're Indo-European.