Will btc going back to 400? Or is this just a "dip". What's going on Veeky Forums

Will btc going back to 400? Or is this just a "dip". What's going on Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R3_(company)?wprov=sfla1).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

probably a dip t b h

Worst place to ask

Coiners will tell you it's a dip, itho

No Coiners will tell you it's flop

Truth is no one knows, btc isnt based on the same underlyers as other assets

Personally I think it's way over valued but hell what do I know, right?

At least some of the initial dip was from bitfinex crashing. At first people thought it crashed from the volume of people on the site dumping but they said they were actually investigating a security problem and had to suspend trading. Then they came back up and the price crashed more so who knows man....

It's over valued. There still isn't a definitive crypto currency(I don't think BTC makes the cut). There is money to be made though. Still a very good long investment. Very good for shorting also, but cryptos as they currently stand are nothing but a bubble. Coiners can go on and on about the possibilities of cryptos, which are pretty fucking amazing, all day. Yet, untill the day comes that I can use BTC to buy more than drugs and CP, I'll be watching and waiting with cautious optimism. Once the inevitable crash happens I'll be all over cryptos like white on rice.

It's all ogre!

idc I'm holding. Have been since I bought in at around $260.

Don't be greedy and sell, it will go up a little and then topple over into a free fall soon enough

Bitcoins or anything coinless is literally shit fucking fags

The crash in bitcoin or the dollar?

What would cause the crash, in your opinion?

Pretty much this. At the moment all that Bitcoin has going for it is being the first crypto-currency. As far as uses, it is far out-surpassed by some altcoins. Bitcoin needs to capitalize on its position now or sooner or later it will be replaced by better tech.

the thing is bitcoin can implement any of the features that it wants, if there is a large demand it will be implemented and the blockchain will get forked

Will it go up again? Is it a good moment to buy?

yes and yes

Should i sell my 0.136 btc? :^)

This. So much this.

>Yet, untill the day comes that I can use BTC to buy more than drugs and CP, I'll be watching and waiting with cautious optimism.

you can buy video games with BTC, steam accepts them

Oh well then surely that explains the value of Bitcoin

i agree that it has no value.. but like anything.. dont invest your money if you cant afford to lose it.. a crash can happen at any time. Its not like i put all my savings in BTC but its a fun asset to have

And the new bagholders are born.

Never forget that BTC, although it's a great tool,currency, technology, and a lot of other great stuff, is backed by nothing but a big ass text file.

The end state for bitcoin will prob not have the average consumer buying their groceries in BTC. The more compelling use case is secure settlement between banks and across borders(see the recent SWIFT hack, these legacy systems are garbage and they are getting replaced by some kind of blockchain platform. The only question is what the underlying asset is on that platform is. BTC has what the other coins dont: a long history of unhackability and immutability(sorry ETH, but the fork will kill you).

BTC - there can be only one.

I can see it falling to $580 tomorrow but I don't think it'll fall below.

>not codeing

We fixed the typo today XD

BTC will never be used as a settlement platform between banks. Blockchain will be, certainly, but banks will develop their own platform and use that. In fact they already are (see R3 - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R3_(company)?wprov=sfla1).

the bitcoin blockchain is the one everyone will use. if something is drastically needed they can just do a hard fork (they're already working towards faster speeds). the reason that's so is because of the networking effect. bitcoin would have to fuck up REALLY bad to pull a myspace.

with that being said the bitcoin is underpriced. the buyers just have all their cash in canadian houses right now and people are being retarded because of recent events.

permissioned Blockchains are essentially pointless. The whole benefit of blockchain architecture is the trustless nature of the settlement. A permissioned blockchain is just a less efficient version of a top-down redundant server.

Well, as long as it doesnt drop lower then $500 im not going to kill myself... I hope the halving will let the price rise to atleast $900-3000.

yes, without chinks mining your coinz there isn't any real security to the blockchain is there?

and why the fuck would anyone mine citibankcoin or whatever?

I think this is probably a problem for all altcoins actually. Without the speculation aspect of owning these coins why would anyone give a shit? There has to be some demand for there to even be somewhere for miners to dump their coins.

and computer parts. There are a few other retailers out there that accept them. I built my computer like 2 years ago with them.

I think Overstock took them for a while, idk if they still do.