TFW recruiters start calling me en masse because I switched from indeed to monster and landed a juicy interview in a...

TFW recruiters start calling me en masse because I switched from indeed to monster and landed a juicy interview in a matter of hours.

So great you had to come share it with us! Thanks bro, will you give me a recommendation when you become manager of that burger King location?

What? How many jobs did you apply for?

what's indeed and monster?

Just giving hope to my bros in the jobseeking threads. applied to probably 25 places on indeed with email rejections galore. Applied to 2 places on monster and uploaded my resume and got 5 recruiter calls on monday and one today. The one today ended up being a great opportunity.

I only use the ladders to search for opportunities. Good luck with your low wage cuck interview.

Is this an ad? What are you doing, shilling for Monster? WHY ARE YOU TALKING LIKE THAT?

What job interview did you get?

You go to Monster.com, you'll be a monster.

lmao, yeah I'm part of the monster.com shitposting department you got me. Got an interview for a financial group that deals with wealthy clients ($20m+). I will learn the business and work my way up and stay in the firm if all goes accordingly.

Yeah, I got that when I signed up to them too, and every time I looked at jobs on their site.

I had to start asking them about contracted hours and money straight off; I couldn't afford to take zero-hours contracts at the time.
I still can't. I still have a much better job, which is kind of annoying. I want a better workplace, but I don't want to give up the respect I have where I am, or the juicy benefits package.

I'm in IT recruitment and mostly recruit for executive/senior roles.

>Post an advert for a £90K Technical Architect job yesterday evening
>This morning
>9999 entry-level support drones and people trying to migrate from India apply
>0 qualified, experienced candidates apply

Job boards a shit.

I thought Monster was shit. Are you a shill?

Hey bro, any suggestions for landing an IT job? I'm a CS senior, looking to get a job before I graduate.

You just sound like you're full of shit, that's all. You don't seem to be able to provide any actual details, so I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you are, in fact, full of shit. Your move.

I can only speak for the UK market (I'm afraid) but if you move to the right city (London, Edinburgh, Manchester) you are in a very strong position.

I find it surprising, but even smart technology companies put some stock in your degree classification, so do make an effort to do well academically.

Also, you would be amazed how much of a factor attitude is. I don't do any graduate level recruitment, but I know how many of my colleagues constantly bemoan the lack of motivated, semi-articulate IT graduates. Come at applications and interviews with the right attitude and you'll (genuinely) stand out.

UK market is very different from the US market. Unless the "right" attitude is to have no opinions or solutions and beat square pegs into round holes because you were told to. Then it's a lot like a US IT jobs.

Anyway, I'm surprised Monster is still around. It was a shit hole circa 2005 with no real jobs. Given the state of the economy, I can't imagine it's any better now.

I get so many cold calls from foreign names these days and I haven't seriously bothered with a job board in years. Of course they're still shit jobs, know 20 languages and 70 frameworks for a 6 month contract...

I've applied to 50 places on Indeed and I dont even get a rejection or a response at all...

>no opinions or solutions and beat square pegs into round holes because you were told to

That's America in general.

True. Makes all of the chest thumping about freedom sound more than a little ridiculous though.

I fucking hate recruiters. Stop emailing me. Stop calling me. No I don't want to work for any of the piece of shit companies you're recruiting for and you know what's fucked up: neither do you. Recruiters have absolutely no say in who gets hired, either. They're not there to pitch you a job offer. They're not there to help you get hired. All they're there for is to try help a company land a good hire and it doesn't matter how many hundreds of people waste their time applying before that happens. Case in point: every fucking company puts you through the same bullshit tests if you want to get any where: you'll have the online coding tests, maybe a take home assignment here or there, some companies even want to test their applicants IQ, then if you make it through all that there's the numerous coding interviews with other engineers and so and so forth.

You would think after actually writing software, publishing it on Github, and having it explode to the point where Google now uses it would be proof enough that you can code -- but its honestly not. These companies still expect me to waste my time proving that I can color the circles orange and put the square peg into the square hole every fucking time I apply. They literally expect you to do all the screening for them which is fucking demeaning, and waste hours of your time. So yes, fuck tech recruiters. Fuck the user in this thread. I hope one day the programmers you spam show up at your house and fucking kill your entire family.

I don't want in at any of the bullshit companies your represent. I run my own consulting firm where I've already made more money than any of these piece of shit companies would have paid me as a hire. The irony is that I founded the company entirely in the time that it took me to jump through all the bullshit hiring hoops for the first few companies -- which was 4 weeks. 4 fucking weeks to hire a developer and in that time I built a better company. So yes, tech recruiters and HR need to die.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the only people trom Monster who email me are companies like aflac trying to get me to sell insurance for them