Open a thread to discuss Buddhism from an academic perspective

>open a thread to discuss Buddhism from an academic perspective
>thread is derailed by defensive Christcucks shouting "heretic!" and other nonsensical claims while attempting to proselytize and telling us to repent for subscribing to the Buddhist 'satanism' despite the thread having been academic in nature

Christcucks really are ruining this board.

Pretty sure it's all bait, or at least the very majority.

Not History related.

Neither is religious shilling or proselytizing.

Not even a Christian, but is this image supposed to imply that religion has anything to do with the amount of money you spend on it? How about you seel those golden chalices and give it to the poor? Oh wait, I forgot, tradition is more important than actually being a Christian.

>How about you seel those golden chalices and give it to the poor
>golden chalices

Most of the chalices in use by Christians - regardless of denomination - aren't actually gold, and are nearly worthless because they're just mass-produced shit. They have some real valuables here and there - at the Vatican, at Constantinople, Jerusalem - but for the most part, most of their crap is low-quality shit.

Two of those groups think that their magic rites and rituals turn the cracker and juice into actual human flesh and actual human blood.

They disdain the mega-church practice of having the crackers and juice in handy little packets that can be passed out to 10,000 people in a few minutes.

>cracker and juice
It's bread and wine you heretic.

Fuck off.

I think people pretend to be over zealous Christians to give us a bad name.

If that is not the case, what is so hard about understanding the Buddha's teachings and the Christ's teachings at the same time? None.

All bait and no fish.

>If that is not the case, what is so hard about understanding the Buddha's teachings and the Christ's teachings at the same time

To a Christcuck, even knowing about the Buddha's teachings is an offense.

I understand them both at the same time, sure.

I understand that the Buddha dealt only with this life and hadn't a clue about the afterlife, while Jesus knows both this life and the next, intimately, as He made them possible.

I didn't realize that an anonymous shit-poster had the religious authority to speak on their behalf.

Ok what is up with evangelicals? Like prepackeged bread in a plastic snack container, and is who drinks wine from plastic? Is that even wine or is it grape juice. Wow protestants are literally jew tier.

That is what I'm saying. We accept facts like the sky is blue or that there 4 quarters in a dollar, why not the same with the teachings of Buddha AND Christ? Both teachings prove themself to be true.

At surface value Buddha only "talked" about this life but we only see some of what Buddha said and thought. Everyone has this conception that Buddha is completely declares yet in many of the sutra they talk about devas and deities, stuff that is supernatural.

No offense user but it's quotes like this that need to stop completely.

I'm sorry you think the Buddha knew more about the afterlife than you do.

It's not a good conclusion to draw.

Realizing that God knows more about the afterlife than the Buddha is a good conclusion to draw.

Are they mutually exclusive? I would think not, but only in the sense of a born again Christian doing whatever he wanted to do with his Christian liberty, not a Buddhist who "believed in Jesus".

Quotes like what? I'm being serious, wine is supposed to be drank from a glass, or maybe a barrel. Not a plastic snack container. I swear when I was a kid I had crackers and cheese snacks from those pudding cups. It's disrespectful to perform the Eucharist from something like that. It should be done from a chalice or cup of some kind, and the bread should be taken from a plate.

Why can't we simply have academic historical discussion?

Why can't we discuss some of the interesting concepts of Buddhism without having religious zealots barging in and shilling?

Why can't we discuss Christianity academically, without zealouts derailing the topic because their feelings are supposedly inviolate?

because, despite what the sticky says, people treat this board as /pol/ with dates. Note all the threads concerned with race.

because they are here to convert people, not have academic sytle discussions

I didn't say Buddha knew more or less of anything.

It doesn't matter what conclusions we draw most of the time, it's just a small period of time and the thread passes away.

It doesn't matter if you call yourself a Christian or Buddhist they are just words you known at in the internet, just a mumbo jumbo back and forth between user and user and no resolve usually.

>jewtierbrotiercucklel
Everyday these types of words are used to describe nonsens3

Why do you think I stopped coming to Veeky Forums?

t. Nietzsche scholar

Jew tier means something. Jews are money grubbing, and obsessed with business and big government to protect their banks. I don't use memes all that often. But Evangelicals are the equivalent of Jews, they ally with jews and support Israel without any hesitation, they support big business and are for the free market and for capitalism. Both of which are unchristian, and things jews like.

>Jew tier means something. Jews are money grubbing, and obsessed with business and big government to protect their banks

Credibly rascist.

Sadly ironic Christposting is the hottest meme on this board.

Are you saying it's not true? All throughout history jews have been known as money lenders who charge interest. All those historical sources can't be wrong.

Not every Jew is the same person, generalizations and stereotypes don't need to always be true

They were known as money lenders only after the rise of Christianity because Christians made usury a crime, yet they greatly depended on taking out loans and credit, hence why monarchs would tolerate Jews.

It's Christians that drove them to be money-lenders in the first place.

During the medieval period, Jews were the only group that lived in Christian Europe that could practice usury, since it was a Christian sin. Rulers generally made it so that Jews couldn't really practice other jobs and, who knew, usury is really lucrative. Downside is, the peasants start to really hate you.

No, not all jews are rich, or own banks. However a higher proportion of them do compared to normal people. I have no problem with the poor orthodox jew who follows his religion. I wish he would convert to Christianity, but I won't force the issue. My problem is with the more secularized jews, especially the wealthy ones who own banks and other large businesses.
Yes Christians see usury as a sin. Though jews in the old testament do as well, at least when you do it to another jew. Also Jews were the most well treated minority in Medieval Europe. Other religious minorities from pagans to muslims, to heretics did not get nearly as much toleration as jews had.
Yes, I know this. It does not make the fact that a higher proportion of jews being richer on average than the common man any less true.

if by not nearly as much toleration, you mean they were just killed than your right. but its not a very good argument

>newfags who respond to bait really are ruining this board

Exactly the jews were the only group that were not forced to convert, get out, or die. They were very privileged.

im not sure if your trolling or so deluded you think that is a good thing

>Exactly the jews were the only group that were not forced to convert, get out, or die. They were very privileged.

Christian mercy everyone.

But Mahayana Buddhism IS a Christian heresy springing from a fusion of Nestorianism and earlier Buddhism.

Notice how the Jews were wearing fine linens while they burn.

What the fuck am I reading?

I guess you skipped over the literal centuries of forced conversion and the murder that went with refusal and jus random massacres for made up shit

It was awful for literally everyone in those days

It wasn't forced conversion for most Jews, it was liberation from rabbinical tyranny.

The rabbis in the Middle Ages lorded over their people with an iron fist- controlling everything they did. The rabbis even had gates put up around the ghettos at night to keep Jews from fleeing their rule.

jews could have refused, but oddly, they did not