Really makes you think.

Empire was a mistake.

REALLY

...to this?

Well done EU, Well done EU
HOWEVER

,,, to this?

Chancellor Merkel, I'm UKIP

Good god. This isn't going to turn out well for the Isles, is it.

It will get back to the same level once various "shout fire in the theatre" kind of investors will stop being considered reliable(that is 2 weeks or so) and the same crisis will come back when they'll sign the "we leave" treaty with the EU.

If you are smart person, you're buying pounds right now.

How do you go from this...

...to this?

youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ

On the one hand I was for Britain staying in the EU

On the other hand the people have spoken

You can be sad about not winning the popular vote

But fuck the babbies that can't handle a democratic outcome

Literally advocating for anti-democratic measures because you didn't get what you wanted

Sad desu

Yeah, all the people advocating for the removial of voting rights just because they didn't get their way should fuck off.

yes thats how it works. its just sad the way they voted and at such a close outcome i can understand that people are pissed.

I think this is blown way out of proportion.
UK won't turn it's back on EU trade, tourism and cooperation, it's just not part of it anymore.
If you check facebook and twitter feels like it's the end of the world.

>i can understand that people are pissed.

Being pissed because you feel strongly for a certain outcome is your obvious perogative when it's such a clear cut division.

Being anti-democratic crybabby shits willing to fuck your own democracy and bypass it via parliament because people didn't agree with you is another.

Goes to show how much of the population (in this case of Britain, but it might aswel be any other country) do not deserve system they were brought up in.

It's not up to Britain to turn its back on anything, but on the willingness of the continent to come to terms with the recently-exited Brits.

Here's to hoping the Yurocrats won't fuck over the Brits during talks (which would only serve to disuade any other country in the UE from doing the same). I would say Europe is better than that, but it's shown time and time again that European ideals only mean something to them when it serves their own agenda.

Fuck the fearmongerers currently hijacking the narrative desu

The UK is not the superpower it used to be but still is a desirable partner. I think if the EU try to fuck it over will be bad for everyone.
Let's see what happens

How? Can I just go to Amazon and buy pounds?

To this ?

> Be away for a few months
> Come back
> No one bats an eye on a /pol/ post being posted on Veeky Forums
wew lads

>Cuba
>Svalbard
>Ukraine
>Iran

I agree but cant help but feel like if the turnout was higher it would have been remain. Leave voters are more motivated.

Mods usually arrive around mid afternoon Pacific time.

This is a history thread, OP is asking how the British Empire got to the situation it is in now.

Fuck Britain, I hope EU fucks them over and over so the others would not get any stupid idea to do the same. Britain never liked EU and they never wanted to play by the rules. Fuck them

Hows it going, Juncker

forex

Pick up a book

>I hope EU fucks them over and over

Business leaders in Germany already shitting themselves because they've realised that fucking over Britain will hurt them too. The EU markets are getting slammed right now.

>Britain goes to EU in Febuary seeking negotiation for reform
>EU basically offers a pathetic 7 year lasting stopgap
>fuck you then
>slighted Britons vote leave
>EU markets in chaos

Go back to /pol/, if you know anything about economics you know shit don't work like that.

You do know the EURO is now higher value than the Pound right now.

want to double check that one lad.

You got a nice argument there friend

Wasn't there like a photoshopped version of the Bane scene with Farage?

You should be the one double checking

>bunch of baby boomers in union jack shorts
>people

I'm actually surprised Brexit even happened.

I thoroughly anticipated that the election would be rigged.

t. perfidious albion trying to stem the bleeding with a tourniquet of lies, per usual

>oh waaah the pound went down a little bit, guess our sovereignty doesn't matter

Why are you fucking faggots so obsessed with a temporary dip in the value of the pound

>muh cia

Last time a country tried to leave the ussr via referendum the kikes in brussels just repeated the vote ad infinitum until the "right choice" was cast in the ballot

Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pull it off again this time

Because the fact that it is temporary is a random, non factually based assertion you shit out and also because in 3 hours it dropped roughly 9% of its value? Not to mention the countless amounts of pounds lost in the drop in investers willingness and trade with Britain globally.

How do you go from this...

>3 hours it dropped roughly 9% of its value?

If you knew anything about the markets you would know this is to be expected. Investors don't like uncertainty. Boohoo, the pound went down. Its not the end of the world, it'll bounce back as currencies always do, once Britain signs a new trade agreement with the EU. what's astonishing is that you could actually care more about this temporary drop than the political future of an entire country. The UK is already very wealthy, so this won't be anything more than an inconvenience to the majority of people

THANK YOU SOCIAL LIBERALS AND CORPORATISTS

The political future IS unstable because of brexit. The drop in currency wasn't the only thing I mentioned either, The DOW dropped something like 600 points for example. You are making the presumption that the currency will bounce back after a new trade deal with the EU but already trade bubbles are bursting with regards to the UK. You just seem to lack understanding of the situation, the UK is wealthy because of the last 30 or so years of being in the EU and as they leave so will its economic prospects. It's only been several hours since the vote but just wait, you'll see the full effects of brexit soon enough.

Even then what is the time frame for the pound bouncing back? Saying "Oh it'll come back eventually" isn't a very reassuring claim.

That also seems hypocritical, sorry as I didnt give a time frame for the markets either. It was about 2 weeks I beleive for the market bubbles to start popping.

Pic related is obligatory.

>Rome wasn't natives, snowniggers and sandniggers

Top kek, only good empire is Napoleon's

The Romans also didn't show up with guns to natives still using spears and rocks.
>b-but Britannia rules the waves

>Temporary market uncertainty is going to last forever
>I know nothing about high finance.
In the long term, Brexit is good for the British economy, especially since they will be accepting less immigrants now, and be more autonomous. You are completely wrong, and probably a wild jahootie who fled from "Syria" but lost his papers.

You are doing 2 things here: Eepeating the same thing you've been saying this whole time, and then calling me a jahootue because you can't come up with something other than that market insecurity isn't indefinite. Look, I never said it was indefinite, and sure Britain may be able to recover a marginal amount of its losses over time, but energing their economy will be severely weaker than if they had just stayed. The DOW is down fucking 600 points, markets will begin to pop in 2 weeks nd all you keep saying is that woopee the pound will recover because most currencies do.

Britain never had all of that at one time.

Then also, you lack the understanding of the importance that migrant labour will play in the future for the aging british workforce. Migrants will get in either way, just look at the U.S. border, the only difference you will make is that you exacerbate the issue of migrants getting healthcare for free without paying taxes because they are unregistered.

Because the idiots can not conceive a better argument for staying in the EU.

Woah! That is surprisingly accurate map. I would add entire Europe, except Russia and Belarus.

>9% drop in your fucking national currency
>this is to be expected
Are you talking about Bitcoins or GBP here?

>less immigrants now, and be more autonomous.
You won't be taking in less immigrants unless your government specifically decides to stop taking in refugees. UK was never a part of the Schengen Area and was largely unaffected by Merkel's near-suicidal acceptance of asylum seekers.

In fact, you'll be seeing even more rapefugees now that France doesn't feel obligated to hold them back at the channel. UK voted for something that harmed the EU and its trade partners, UK has *zero* political clout in the continent at the moment.

Oh hey, I never notced the north american continent looks like a swooping bird before this.

>importance that migrant labour will play in the future for the aging british workforce

What importance? A lot of menial labour jobs will be automated in the coming decades

look at the graphs of the exchanges with the swiss franc from last year and then tell me if it's temporary

Boohoo the pound is worth less. Still more valuable than almost any other other currency

you can't buy shit with a weaker currency. Prepare to build money castles with your pound.

It wasn't close by the standards of two-choice referendums.

It is blown out of proportion. But it is the fact it signals to the rest of the EU that major nations can leave, that will cause the real problems.

It is semi-Veeky Forums related.

blacks hanging out? jesus how horrifying

>calling us racist isn't an argument

kek

Read the thread before you make another Breitbart-tier comment

Yeah, they showed up with war machines, sophisticated military tactics, a formidable navy, quality troops, supply lines, and a legitimate state to unorganized tribes, kingdoms, or declining """""empires"""""

>b-but the POUND DROPPED LEL

Repeating it over and over doesn't make it any more relevent

>blacks hanging out? jesus how horrifying
Nigger, you missed the whole fucking point, little kids aren't oppressive and niggers hanging out isn't 'progressive,' it's the same damn thing.

>advocating for anti-democratic measures
In general I agree [I've seen some Labour types advocate for trying to bugger it by allying with pro-EU tories and liberals], but I must state the qualification that I don't think a second referendum would be anti-democratic.

Soon.

The people who voted leave have kickstarted the deaf of the UK. Wales will probably leave once they realise how much funding they recieved from the EU and that Westminster won't pick up the bill.

>I must state the qualification that I don't think a second referendum would be anti-democratic.
Overturning a result because you don't like said result might not be anti-democratic; it sure as fuck is childish though.

Oh no, however shall the United Kingdom survive?! I can't even fathom how they will function ever since they were created by the European Union in 1973.

>it sure as fuck is childish though.
No. That's the natural thing to do.
This result is overturning the result that people didn't like in 1975. [Which is the reason I'm not dead set against a third referendum in principle: People must be allowed to change their minds. If 'Remain' loses twice that would underscore the result quite well.]

There's a place and time for everything. This going back and forth with referendums isn't doing the Brits any favours and is just making it worse.

The Tories burned any possible bridge by making it come this far to begin with, all for fear of any sort of surge in the UKIP camp.

There was a vote

The remains lost

Now the Brits are flipflopping because it's not going to be all glitters and kittens

There isn't even going to be a large debate continent side on wether the Brits should remain

Consensus is; Brits must go ASAP