Let's start a trend: Only post vanity addresses with 14CHAN at the beginning so we can create a network of Veeky Forums...

Let's start a trend: Only post vanity addresses with 14CHAN at the beginning so we can create a network of Veeky Forums transactions over the Bitcoin blockchain.

>How do I make one?
Windows: github.com/downloads/samr7/vanitygen/vanitygen-0.22-win.zip
Uncompile
vanitygen.exe 14CHAN
Linux:
Just clone the git repo and compile it from there (faster)
./vanitygen 14CHAN

It took me under 30 seconds to make a 14CHAN address.

Save the output to a file and share that address.

>How do I access the funds?
turn the private key into a QR code and scan it in Mycelium (Accounts->New Wallet->Advanced->Scan). Give the wallet a name and you have access to the funds.

I am going to give some Bitcoin to the first 10 people to make a 14CHAN address to get this rule going.

You should receive the funds from 14CHANnK1hxJrWnVTqxshPAm8iuYfhg3wT

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0)
github.com/ohadcn/vanityBrain
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just wanted to say "First".

14CHANZX7LofMTCocc3i4UCxsi6SC8Qkmj
like this?

You need to start teaching people how to play NAFTA like events.

The next one coming up in 2017 is the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP.) It's basically NAFTA for the Pacific region.

If Biz goes all "if you can't beat them, join them," it can at least make some legit buck off the crooked financial system.

That's a better fate than bitching on the internet all day.

How would I play that?

And there's no morals in finance. The only good is a net increase in your wealth.

> inspect exe file

Lol, anyone who uses this is literally asking to get robbed.

I'm too much of newb to know yet, myself. I figure if I suggest the idea someone will start spilling the beans.

Start by reading the document a little at a time and seeing which banks and corporations want a piece of it.

That doesn't reveal the nuance though. I will make it a point to study who come out in favor and who comes out against over the next year.

That will tell me and anyone else who looks where the money is coming and going.

I'll have a look at this in a bit.

care to explain?
I'm Veeky Forums, not /g/

Sure. To create the address a cryptographic algorithm is used. An address with a vanity string would be compromised because it means the cipher has been meddled with to produce such an output. Since the cipher is known to the exe creator, he/she also has access to your private keys.

Say goodbye to any bitcoin in those addresses.

If you are that pedantic about it, you can compile it from source. Also, to save some money, I am lumping this into one transaction.

Also, you are downloading it directly from the project's github (maintained by the people who made the software). The software is very reputable and has seen serious peer review. I would trust it, but I can't make you run it.

>To create the address a cryptographic algorithm is used.
yes
>An address with a vanity string would be compromised because it means the cipher has been meddled with to produce such an output.
The ciper won't change, the private key is the only thing that changes.
>Since the cipher is known to the exe creator
No, it isn't. It is compiled from the source code that is publically available on GitHub. Also, this software is fairly reputable (see bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.0)

Also, I doubt anyone would send major amounts of money over the internet using these addresses (the idea is that it is dedicated to Veeky Forums), so I wouldn't worry about this too much even if I didn't know it was 100% safe.

Due to the fact that I don't want to spend insane amounts on fees, I am lumping everything into one transaction. If the thread dies before I get 10 unique addresses, I am going to send the money to whoever posted their address.

Mine came out weird

1FuCKyoUet16sGvR1YfEyXXGfuBAnwGGKo

what's your problem?

yeah, like that

if you are that scared, you can get a python app that does the exact same thing
github.com/ohadcn/vanityBrain
I haven't downloaded it yet, but python is interpreted as plain-text, meaning that anyone who runs it can see the source code and they should be able to tell if they are being scammed or not.

I asked /g/ if they would trust a key made by this program
>>/g/55212246

my bad

Dont feel like getting a virus today.

see
if that doesn't make you more comfortable, I don't know what will

I'll humor you OP
14CHANgVGKiyXdWTUTMoCzEy6T6MEWvFLx

>14CHANgVGKiyXdWTUTMoCzEy6T6MEWvFLx
noted