ITT: We choose a historical leader and implement them into Civilization. Bonuses, buffs/debuffs, uniques, OP or viable

ITT: We choose a historical leader and implement them into Civilization. Bonuses, buffs/debuffs, uniques, OP or viable.

For some examples to work on, what way to you think Brian Boru, Churchill, Toyotomi Hideyoshi or Mao Zedong would work?

Winston Churchill

Bonus: "Lord of the Admiralty", naval units have a combat bonus when attacking

Unique Unit: Hawker Hurricane or Supermarine Spitfire. Replaces fighter aircraft, gains combat bonus when fighting in friendly or allied territory.

Unique Building: British Broadcasting Channel. Replaces Radio Tower. Provides a free promotion to any military units built in this city and friendly troops get a combat bonus inside the city and in adjacent tiles.

You mean like civ 4? civ 5 has one leader per faction so leader bonuses are pretty much irrelevant.

I believe he is referring to Civ 6

Any word on how leaders work in 6 yet?

Got an idea for a Civ:

Scythia

Bonus: "Gilded Nobility", double production for gold mines.

Unique unit: Raider (replaces Chariot Archer) Defense bonus in open terrain, can attack multiple times per turn.

Unique building: Kurgan (replaces Colosseum) +2 culture and happiness.

Yes, but I don't understand it enough to describe it. The info is up online if you care to check.

There are civ bonuses and separate leader bonuses.

Julius Caesar

Bonus: "Audentis Fortuna iuvat" - Military units gain +1 movement, +25% faster production of roads and +15% attack bonus when on the offensive

Unique Unit: XIII Gemina Veterans (replaces Swordsman), provides +35% attack on infantry on open ground, +25% attack on cities, reduced siege equipment cost

Unique Structure: Forum Julium - +25% production in Capital, +1 happiness

Tony Abbot
Bonus: "Stop the boats", naval units have reduced movement and attack power within your national or cultural borders.

Unique Unit: Coast Guard patrol vessel. Replaces Battleship, Gains combat bonus against enemy troops when transiting water.

Unique Building: Emu war memorial. Provides free promotion to any machine gun units built within your cities. Enemy machine gunners receive a penalty when attacking this city.

Roads are produced automatically by trade routes in C:6.

Can someone do Garibaldi? Have to get to sleep now but I'd like to see an answer in the morning

Mao Zedong

Bonus: Great Leap Forward: Turns half of the culture generated in a city into productivity upon starting one of the 3 modern cultural trees

Unique unit: People's Liberation Unit: replaces infantry, gains an extra movement point if its health is below 33%

Unique building: Town Square: replaces walls, gives no defense boost but reduces unhappiness by 20% in that city.

Bonus: Great Leap Forward: Turns half of the population in a city into productivity upon starting one of the 3 modern cultural trees

Fix'd

>Unique building: Town Square: replaces walls, gives no defense boost but reduces unhappiness by 20% in that city.

I don't get it.

I was making a joke at Tianammen

Ian Smith

Bonus: "Breadbasket of Africa", +1 Food and +1 Gold to farms, Double bonuses for plantations.

Unique Unit: SAS. Replaces Paratrooper. 50% extra range for Paradrop, +2 movement.

Unique Unit: Vampire FB.9: Replaces Fighter. Effects of Air Recon doubled.

Giuseppe Garibaldi

Bonus: "Masonic handshakes" Lose favour with city-states slower
Unit: Redshirts, replaces musketmen, cheaper production and less attack

The first unique unit should be called Selous Scouts, I think. And maybe they should have a Unique Building that replaces Plantation instead of a bonus.

>Bonus: Great Leap Forward: During Golden Ages Great Writer, Artist, and Musicians spawn 50% slower and the growth and production of all cities goes up by 50%.
FTFYF

FDR, United States

Bonus: "Arsenal of Democracy" Double army maintenance when at peace, double military production when at war. Civilizations with mutual enemies get +10% combat strength bonus. Can only declare war on civilizations that are already at war (unless it's 1v1 or something).

Unique Unit: "Flying Fortress" Replaces bomber. 25% bonus towards cities, chance to slow production of enemy cities

Unique Building: "Automobile Factory" Replaces factory. Units built here get +1 movement in friendly territory

Good morning user, and thanks!

Hitler. Bonus: no War Weariness. Unique Unit: Panzer. Unique Building: Death Camp, acts as a negative Jewish Shrine..

that is gay.

what if I make the germans invent judaism?i

The Jewish Shrine bit should be replaced with a general anti-religion shrine.

Tibet
Songtsen Gampo
Leader trait: The Dalai Lama: Starting at (medieval/renaissance religion tech), every 100 years grants +100 culture, +100 faith, and +100 food.

Civ trait: Roof of the World: Mountains provide +2 faith and culture, +10 science starting in the medieval era, and +10 tourism starting in the modern era
(It's to make Tibet actually want to settle mountains like they did IRL. It's still a little underpowered considering mountains give no food or production, and cannot be improved by techs)

Unique Unit: Monks
Double the movement of a normal missionary, and can pass through mountains at the cost of 2 movement. Replaces the missionary

Unique Improvement: Monastery
Can only be built on hills. Provides +4 faith, and citizens working this tile consume only 1/4th the amount of food they normally would and do not count towards unhappiness.

Unique Building: Mountain fortifications
+20 defense for every mountain within 4 tiles of the city. Replaces the castle.

Leader Agenda: Cozies up to big civs (area-wise) and hates people spreading their religion to civs he likes.

>Otto the "Great"
>when you meet the Vatican city state you have to give him all your money

unique unit
unique infrastructure (buildings, improvements, districts)
unique ability (game-long bonus)
era-specific ability (sometimes includes another unit)
historic agenda

Nigel Farage
"Sun never sets"

>Faction bonus: Little Britain
Cities and units in friendly territory get a large defensive bonus against enemies with a great number of cities than you
>Leader bonus: A New Dawn
>Population in cities belonging to a faith other than that of your Holy City/Capital can be removed at the cost of a temporary happiness loss, however you gain a culture and tourism boost for each population removed

>Unique Unit: Veteran Fisherman
>Naval Unit, continually weakens attack power of all naval units next to it, and grants tourism toward whatever enemy civilization's borders it is within

>Era-Specific Ability: Reform the Empire (Modern)
>Coastal cities on continents/islands other than that of your capital city become colonies when conquered, and automatically produce a settler or military unit, depending on your choice
>City states which border your territory and are allied with you have a chance to join your civilization as puppets once every X amount of turns

>Tibet

>science

what the fuck

>Military units gain +1 move
Op as fuck.

British Broadcasting Corporation, is what you were looking for I think.

Eh, its part of a larger effort to overhaul the worker system that I largely approve of. So Im fine with it.

But it makes sense.

Additionally, supposedly you will be able to choose road routes later in the game. Maybe you can choose the routes for highways.

Not really.

>Your civ is not centralized enough to build infrastructure untill the modern era

what worker changes.
It would be cool if we got an EU esque idea where you could centralize your civ, lose PO and be able to build infrastructure.

>Breadbasket of Africa

That's bor-

>Everyone can paradrop

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT

This is my fave civ desu.

>It would be cool if we got an EU esque idea where you could centralize your civ, lose PO and be able to build infrastructure.
I think it's nonsense that you're unable to actually dictate roads etc untill the later stages of the game. I mean, making roads is hardly a new invention.

Infantry units. That is, Infantry and Mechanized infantry. Basically, they get a buff to make them competitive with tanks etc untill Xcom squads.

>what worker changes.
Watch some of the gameplay videos.

Workers just sitting on their asses for a thousand years are gone. Now there are builders. They build improvements like farms or districts, but they only have a few uses before they are used up and disappear.

And of course, trade routes now establish roads. Long roads last longer so you don't constantly need trade routes stretching to the others side of the map to have roads there.

Can you use Hitler on these little games?

you should be able to. There might be some on the steam workshop

>Great Leap Forward
>positive effects
Choose 1

Ed Milliband
Bonus: "Hell yeth I'm tuff enuff", all land-based combat units are 25% stronger.
Unique Unit: Bacon Sandwich. Replaces giant death robot. 25% attack bonus against units from cities where Islam is the main religion.

Unique Building: Ed Stone. Provides free great prophet in the city where it is built. Convinces all other nations to vote the opposite way to you in the world congress.

I choose both. It sacrificed culture for a huge global happiness boost.

>"Hell yeth I'm tuff enuff", all land-based combat units are 25% stronger.

Holy Roman Empire
>bonus: Pater Europae
When founding a new religion, faith can double as science
>unit: Brave Franks
Replaces the swordsman, 67% chance to gain +25 faith for each enemy killed by this unit
>building: Aachen Cathedral
Replaces the Sistine Chapel, +25% faith in all cities.

You can't replace a World Wonder.

If it can get away with calling itself the "" "Holy" "Roman" "Empire" "" it can do whatever it wants.

that burn tho

52%/100%

bump

Can't barrage the Farage.

no u

Moot
Bonus: "The captcha is temporary": No revolutionary penalties when changing government type. 10% culture penalty. Risk of random happiness drops in cities.
Unique Unit: "Anonymous." Replaces infantry. 10% stronger than infantry and can paradrop anywhere but cannot withdraw from combat and are weak to dog soldiers.

Unique Building: "4-cent-garbage.com" 25% greater chance of city generating a great musician, artist or author. Greatly increases the cities effect on national culture. Civilizations with leaders suspected of being autistic will suffer a relationship hit.

Italy
Leader Moussolini
Bonus: - 20% combat hability
Surrender as soon as you lose a city

Bump

I want moar