CE

>CE
>BCE

What are you trying to get at here?

He is beholden by engramatic brainwashing to repeat certain memes that he thinks will garner (You)s.

While this meme is not totally false, I'm not sure how using BCE and CE are simply fedora tier

It's fedora because it doesn't glorify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

There's no real reason to do it besides virtue signalling. If you get rid of "Before Christ/Anno Domini", then you may as well get rid of "Mani's Day", "Tiw's Day", "Wodan's Day", "Thunor's Day", "Frige's Day", "Saturn's Day", January for Janus, February for Februus and March for Mars. Either change all of them or change none of them.

>a high level of discourse is expected.

it's mainly an academic thing though

Nobody gives a fuck anymore dude, Jebus is a pile of dust under the sands of the former roman province of palestine.

This is a good point though, our calendar has all sorts of religious influences, not just christian ones.

I know that AD has been used since 525 AD but I can't find when the term "BC" or "Before Christ" was first used. And I'm not talking about "ante Christum" because that would be "aC"

>Either change all of them or change none of them.
Nah, removing the Jesus bit seems fine.
Those old Norse and Roman gods are not actively worshiped.

interestingly the christian kingdoms in Iberia didn't adopt the A.D. system until the turn of the millennium

*tip*

>>not even posting a fedora image
You lazy fuckwad.

Yes they are, Asartru and Religio Romana are both real existing faiths at present.

Must be by some tiny minority.
Not as big a threat as Christianity.

nice doubles

What is Christianity a threat to?

Western identity. It's a Semitic religion.

Human rights.

For me it's mostly an accuracy thing. Jesus was born 5 BC, which doesn't make sense. So to correct this error, we could shift everything back 5 years or just use BCE and CE.

The church is just as much a product of Greek culture as it is of Semitic; the scriptures are written in Koine Greek and Rome plays a pivotal role in the Gospel narrative.

As defined by whom?

not to mention the influence of platonist philosophy on christian theology

Amen.

No, it's a foreign element. Not truly Western like the Norse or Celtic mythology.

>muh Norse mythology

Both of those mythologies are more Northern than Western honestly. The West was born in the Mediterranean and Northerners are lucky to be added on.

>everyone who isn't a Christian is an atheist

>not using After Ford
To Greenland you go

I only say BCE and CE for the free (You)'s

Same with academics

BC and AD are just wrong though.
BC and BCE, while functionally identical, are completely arbitrary in their use and do not explicitly refer to some monk's idea of when Jesus was born that is now considered outdated.

They're a good way to tell immediately how much of a butthurt fedora the writer is.

Fuck off snownigger, western civilization was born in the mediterranean, you barbaric rock carving raider faggots and your mythology have nothing to do with the west.