Slovenia

With the Statehood day today, Slovenia celebrates its 25th birthday and is part of history according to Veeky Forums's rules. Therefore, I've decided to create this thread where I will once again dump maps, but only those related to Slovenia. I will also try and answer any question related to Slovenia and its history all the way back to settling in the East Alps.
Unfortunately, I haven't yet had the time to translate all of my maps so if anyone has any question, ask away.

I'm starting off with a modern map of (purely geographical, not historical) regions and macroregions.

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/tzpky6
youtube.com/watch?v=vqlNvAYBd2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

25 years of being a meme. Slovenia was a mistake.

Slovenia is a good meme 2bh.

Meme magic will lead to Slovenia being the number 1 superpower. Just wait until the first lady of the US is Slovene.

>that sea access

I laugh every time

Slovenia is rightful Italian clay, gib now

Thanks for the bumps.

Are south slavic languages mutually intelligible? The only thing I know about your country is Zizek.

My dad is Slovenian. He has some pretty wacky ideas about the Italian/Austrian/Croatian territories that should belong to Slovenia.

It really depends. Kajkavian is the easiest for Slovenes to understand since it's pretty much a a Pannonian dialect with some Croatian elements, Shtokavian is close enough that it can be understood at least to some extent but Bulgarian is distant enough that I may only understand some words. I don't know about Chakavian (the original, Dalmatian Croatian dialect).

Who says it wouldn't make sense?

trieste è italiana

You really don't have to bump the thread.

Here's the last one before dinner.

literally non country with no history

Nice try to ignore all that great people and invention that Slovenia give for the entire human civilization for free, ungrateful ameribro.

Slovakia is very important country with a reach history, shit up

No one is stopping you from starting your own thread about your superpower of a country with a rich history etc.

Are there any good color photos of Hlinka and his hlinka guard organization? This is one of those extremely obscure aspects of WW2 i'm dying to know as much as humanly possible about

Ah nevermind that's slovakia lel

too bad I can't give you an upboat for that

Very interesting, I don't think I've seen this one before. The plebiscite had some quite interesting propaganda posters associated with it.

Trst je naš

Tako je.

Yesterday's ceremony was pretty rad desu, the entirety of our air force flew over my house.

Reminder to all Slovenes to vote in our annual 24th June poll.

poal.me/tzpky6

poal.me/tzpky6

poal.me/tzpky6

MAKE SLOVENIA GREAT AGAIN

t. Zmago

t. Luka Polmesec

>
card-carrying SLSovc prjatu.

Ena od mojih potencialnih izbir na naslednjih volitvah/10

t.vindišar k hoče sošvabe v germanskem despotizmu

Scheisse, dobil si me.

Give back Istria

Reeeeeeeeeeeee

t. cave explorer

I've always wanted to take a trip through eastern Europe, whats worth seeing in Slovenia, from a locals perspective?

Depends what are you interested in?

>slovensko
>slovák
>slovenka
>slovenčina

>slovenija
>slovénec
>slovénka
>slovenščina

why do we call ourselves the same?
t. slovak

I find it a bit goofy how you call your country "Slovene". I would understand Slovenska.

Also, here's why.

Slovenia is literally a meme country whom Austrians convinced they weren't just a Croatian province. Pretty shameful, if I am honest with you. Now these rebels claim more sea than they wanted when they first declared independence.

>declare independence
>everyone's like ok yeah these borders make sense and recognise your independence
>six months later decide hey I want more sea Croatia give more sea!!!
>Croatia's like no dude what the fuck we had a deal
>fast forward to the arbitrage
>Slovenians bribe the judges
>w-well Croats are probably doing it as well so I don't see how we're to blame we just don't have proof Croats are doing but we'll claim it anyway

Fuck Slovenia.

t. Stipe Hrvojević

youtube.com/watch?v=vqlNvAYBd2Y

80s Laibach was the best. I think they don't have enough of the rough industrial feel these days.

Oops, messed up the order.