Shitcoin coded in a shit language by shit developers

>shitcoin coded in a shit language by shit developers
>hype, price goes up
>russian scammer sells 25% of his coins, guaranteed a millionaire for life
>dao (read slock.it hidden and failed crowdfunding) launches, and not even on a testnet
>as soon as it's launched the ROI is already negative, down to -60%
>someone finds an exploit in less than a month
>$50 million worth of shitcoins lost
>claims to be the one true decentralized currency, where developers have no power
>PLS DEVELOPERS HARD FORK HARD FORK GET MONIES BACK

This is a joke. Don't put your bitcoins or fiat into this shit. It's fucking over. One would think such a project would attract big investors and the media, but when it's ran by a bunch of shitheads who can't properly code and who manage to get funds stolen with such a shit exploit

This is why cryptocurrencies will never succeed except for bitcoins maybe. Not only the community is overran by kids who bought $5 worth of shitcoins and expect them to be worth a million for some unknown reason, but most developers are incompetent fucks trying to pump and dump their shit.

Congrats to the hacker by the way. The funniest thing is that he didn't do anything illegal, and probably became a millionaire shorting ETH and DAO. Top kek.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JJ32OMuZSOg
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

It recovered tho bro. Trading at $15. The market doesn't care about the hack.

It's a house of cards, man. It's a market based on nothing right now. Muh fundamentals? Out the window. The Devs? Ha, they're hacking their own shit just to try and mitigate the damage and/or cash out. Who's going to trust this shit now? Everyone who's still in it is just clinging to a dream that has long since flown.

Your short position is painfully obvious.

PROTIP: Learn to read price action better, the risk reward on a short right now is not good.

Also: $15? on what exchange is ETH trading at $15, pray tell?

The sad thing is eth will drag a big part of crypto, including some interesting projects with awesome developers, down with it.

No short, I don't own any of this shit.
>implying Veeky Forums posts have any effect on prices

>lost
It was a white hat attack dummy

Indeed, white hat showing people that the DAO is an unsafe scam and that ETH is generally shitty and deemed to fail

The attack was by an ethereum dev exposing a weakness in the contract so the code could be revised before somebody with mal intentions could do the same. After the fork, hard or soft the funds will go back in.

tl;dr buy the dip

>decentralized organisations, we developers have no power i swear !!!
>we dont like something haha FORK FORK

You were warned, I never touched ETH for reasons that are obvious now

pic related the only altcoin worth any bitcoin

litecoin is excusable but I dont hold any

>no cryptocurrency has ever had a fork
>miners have no choice in whether it's hard or soft
>I don't know what decentralized means
Kill yourself senpai.

>yfw DAO up 3% today

Decentralized means that nobody in particular has power over it.
Some people have power over it more than others, therefore it's not decentralized.

It's pretty fucking hilarious how you guys never realize all of these shitcoins are failures. Even bitcoin has trouble since 2009 being anything else than some asset for speculation and buying illegal stuff.

which one of you fuckers posted this

youtube.com/watch?v=JJ32OMuZSOg

>nocoiner trying to cope

I'm still up 400% bruh. I could give two shits if it works, I've already made nice returns and July looks like it's going to increase them even further. I love you butthurt neets who need to write paragraphs to justify the fact that you are STILL missing out on sweet gains after not learning your lesson the first time.

All you cucks, buy dgb you stupid cucks

Russian scam coin ether will kill you

Digibyte will be owned by Microsoft soon

THE EXPLOIT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ETHEREUM'S CODE OR LANGUAGE YOU FUCKING RETARD

Everyone thought this at first because the headlines are written by people that don't know jack about crypto

Someone writes a shit contract using ETH's language and it gets exploited, but no one gets what happened and the headlines are just "OMG ETHEREUM GOT HACKED SELL SELL SELL"

>headlines

"Journalism" today, especially in tech, is no more than bloggers with a glorified platform. To be a "journalist" you have to spout buzzwords.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/

>One month ago.
>eth was worth $14.
>one week ago it was worth $21
>The hackening.
>Right now is worth $13.
>Still below the price than one month ago.

>"Muh epic gainz!"
>"We wus on da moon and shiet",

Why people are so retarded to think other people are equally retarded to believe their shit?

God why didn't I buy it back when it was 0.49 or 2.10

I could have been set for life or at the very least bought myself a nice apartment for 50k

You're technically correct, but still retarded.

The entire value of Ethereum rests on the ability of developers to write secure smart contracts. But Ethereum's languages and tooling have provided astonishingly little in terms of achieving this.
We've known how to write formally verifiable programs for a while now, and likewise we've seen how important strong typing is for ensuring correctness. So what does Ethereum do? They style their flagship language, Solidity, around fucking JavaScript, one of the most bug-prone languages of all time. It's almost insulting.

Ethereum only has value insofar as its developer community can be trusted to write bug-free code. And that's simply infeasible, even in a modern language geared towards that exact goal. Until people realize this (or Ethereum makes huge strides in the right direction), they will continue to get burned.

They cant scale either.
CASPER is fundamentally flawed as well, ignores several important computer scientific theorems.
They are selling snake oil by now.

Kraken, you dense burgerlord.

Where in the world can you get a nice apartment for 50k?