HashOcean general

Saw no such thread so it's time to make one
Also stop spamming referral links as this keeps the threads being deleted

So from what I understand the concept of HashOcean is basically :

1.) You invest x-amount of money once and buy hardware which HashOcean has in some big ass halls in one of those 7 data centres
2.) That hardware just starts to mine Bitcoin for you without you having to do anything
3.) Get paid

Did I get this correctly?

Also share your thoughts and experiences. Is this a legit way to generatemoney? What risks do you potentially see

don't fall for the meme. Veeky Forums just shills for their own referral links

if anyone posts a shill link this thread gets deleted too

well it's been around for a year now and many reviews claim it's legit so I don't instantly want to call it a meme

yes yes it's simple as that, they are also possible or very likely a ponzi scheme which means it's great for early investors that cash out and sucks for people reinvesting and late adopters. there.

where do you see it being a ponzi scheme. I feel myself too unexperienced to judge hence why I created this thread. Also minor question : the hardware stays around at their place unless you WANT to have it delivered to your home

I've read many stories of miners being ponzi schemes, since to the end users they look identical.

Regardless, I'm testing it out. Created one account, then using that accounts referral link to create another account in which I bought some hash power.

wouldn't they notice when the same IP starts creating multiple accounts?

jesus christ you're a faggot

I used a vpn

Well good for you I guess. Don't know about their security but as far as I can see the more accounts the more profit for them aswell so they might just not really give a damn

question is do you really want that junk? also you have to pay for shipping which means it's not worth it.
well the difference between a ponzi miner and a legit miner is slim to none. legit miners scam you too since you are bloody unlikely to even reach roi in btc denomination. basically you are better off buying and holding. ponzi miners are at least worth to invest in but they are fucking scammers that can run away any day.

It's legit but only rly works if you get a lot of refs under you. Also halvening is coming up so mining becomes less effective.

>halvening is coming up so mining becomes less effective.
wrong

Well I'm only looking to make a few bucks extra and not live off of it so yeah
OP here btw

Report referal spam.
If you have any money in crypto, these scamsites take value directly out of the crypto economy and into scammer pockets.
This money could have gone into your favorite coin's marketcap or into a project with serious devs.

By the way if you really fall for these ponzis please consider letting a >90 iq adult handle your finances.

>these scamsites take value directly out of the crypto economy and into scammer pockets.
this sentence makes zero sense and you can't defend it.
>money could have gone into your favorite coin's marketcap or into a project with serious devs.
whoever running the site might do just that or the one that he is selling the coins as he chases out. you are just being retarded.
>if you really fall for these ponzis please consider letting a >90 iq adult handle your finances.
now this is just too much away with you child.

Ponzi! Beware of the shills

>Ponzi! Beware of the shills
love how these fags keep saying this since at least early 2015. you are right btw and you could have quadrupled your money last year this is now a fact.

Beware hahahah!

Actually, I support this shit, because it's so obviously scammy and shiesty that it makes all of the crypto shit look scammy and shiesty, which I enjoy. Since it is. Anyway, carry on HOs

I'm actually the one who started that. Nice to see others spreading my words. Must be something about it that rings true, you know?

i have no problems with ponzies
there are two major enemies fear and greed
both equally bad one keeps you from great opportunities by not allowing you to take risks you should the other makes you take risks you shouldn't. ponzies are like any asset bubble really. good timing = good times bad timing = you lose and cry.

How could this ever be profitable for anyone, including HashOcean?

it goes like this in theory:
>get btc enough collected for a new couple of rigs
>exchange btc to usd buy rigs install them
>mine eth (or some other altcoin)
>sell eth for btc
>keep part of the profit for maintenence and your own cut
>pay out every day the investors share

of course the alternative is just paying out from deposits so long they keep increasing and btc price is stable it's all good until it's not.

Here's my rule: if it's on Veeky Forums, it's bad timing.

not a bad rule in general

well you need to define "profitable"
you can make like 50$-100$ a day extra just for some extra spending money
personally I'd do it that way
If you're talking about making a decent salary with like 200$+ dollars a day this might just be too risky
I'd try if I had enough spare money to put in it too, but I do not
Really depends on wether you want to risk or not, all a matter of subjective capacity
HashOcean themselves make money off of the transactions I believe and with 600k users I think that's more than enough

considering their most likely high daily volume I should add

>HashOcean themselves make money off of the transactions
well they sell the hashpower pretty fucking expensive that one is for sure. they don't charge anything for the withdrawals.

Yeah but I'm willing to pay a few bucks extra for a reliable service which it seems to be, just as the user above said it is to be doubted that it's a scam if it's really been around for so long and making money for people
I mean you won't become a fucking millionaire off of this but who would complain about free money really?

My first impression also, the model makes no sense to me.

What kind of return can you get with this though? What happens if BTC tanks?

>it is to be doubted that it's a scam if it's really been around for so long
that's actually not true at all
there have been successful ponzies running for 7 years with the average lifespan of 2-3 years
internet hypi programs run for 40-60 days on average obviously hashocean is older than that.
but no guarantees whatsoever.
i'm not saying skip it at all just don't delude yourself.
i thought ahash.io will run for 60 days at least it ended in the 42nd day. i lost on that and lot off people lost a lot more. i won at hashocean so far, but i feel reluctant to reinvest.
hashocean returns are consistent with eth mining with own rig at least they were at old bitcoin prices. now not sure, btcoi really went up and hashocean profitability stayed the same.

you know what teh funniest thing about sites like hashocean?
some user says "hey this is absolutely sure i made mad bucks on it they are running for years now totally legit" anons throw their money on them like mad if someone says "hey it's a ponzy but worth trying out with some change if you like to gamble" nobody bites.

it's the same fucking site somme fucking anonymous asshole says what you want to hear and you all go mad.

that's the funny story to me about these cloud mining sites. and it probably is the same with all investments. people lose their rational thinking if they hear what they wish to hear.

Good point really. Ponzi scheme or not I guess you're getting paid.

highly unlikely but there's really no way to tell, best case is you get your investment back, worst case is it crashes before you make your roi
i don't dare speculate beyond that really, not like I'm in the position to

1Jrp13kAzyNPGTKyC9QANUHt3VU4P4oLyi

Send five bucks and I sign up with your ref.