ITT actually practical philosophies and some of their tenets and principles

ITT actually practical philosophies and some of their tenets and principles

I'll start

Stoicism
>worry about only what you can control
>don't let emotions or external events compromise your reason
>you are part of something infinitely greater than you, act like it

give an example of a text by a classical stoic thinker that you have read

I can't quote cause I'm on my phone but I've read all the major thinkers, even Rufus

Spinozism-Darwinism

>Might is right

>God doesn't care about you or anyone/anything else for that matter

>If you can commit an action and have the capabilities to avoid the subsequent consequences, than you are free to do so

>Morality is but a human concept

>The most important goal for any living being (including humans) is to reproduce and eat

Stirnerian Egoism

>Ideas exist as tools to serve men, not idols to be served.
>You are all you can truly experience in the world, and as such should consider that first and foremost.
>In seeking to free yourself from the hold of a fixed idea, take care that you don't simply put another in its place to become your new God.

Trail and error

>you try something
>if it doesn't work, you try something else

Also

>You own only that which you can maintain possession of, if you can't maintain possession of it, you don't own it.

>the most important goal is to reproduce and eat

lmao, I said philosophies not reddit-tier fedora trash

> Eliezer's Yudkowsky Rationality
The names says it's all. Deep into practical application, far from metaphysical obscure problems.

It's greco-Buddhism, and I want none of you denying it.

Meditations
Letters from a Stoic
Ralph Waldo Emmerson's Essays are very stoic in thought, as well.

>implying that isn't the most based marriage of philosophical systems imaginable

I mean it is, but I don't want people to downplay the eastern influence.

It is the truth. A species can only survive if it has the capabilities to survive in its given environment and secure the existence of its kind. Humans are no exception to this.

k imma humour you.
Why would your own goal be that of your species? Have you no aspirations at all except "Survive & impregnate"?

Marcus Aurelius, Seneca, Epictetus.

Look up Stoic Six Pack on amazon. The first issue has all of the main sources.

Also as a little primer on stoic philosophy and modern applications I recommend pic related, it's a little self-helpy at times but it's still pretty good.

This is what Jews believe.

Most Humans (probably even most higher beings) have desires outside the traditional duo of eating and reproducing. This is where I divide desires into two groups, duty and passion. Duty are the desires almost every living being has in common (eating, reproducing, drinking), those are the desires which are necessary for the survival of the species, ergo duty to your bloodline/species. Passions however, are desires which spring from quirks in our biology and personality, they vary from individual to individual species to species. While most philosophers focus on passions, the inevitable truth is that the purpose of all life is to regulate an ecosystem which was created out of pure chance in the first place. Ergo life has no meaning other than regulating the ecosystem.

Philosophy is a trashcan.

quietism

So... I should hurry up and just go through with suicide?

Wittgenstein maybe?

I'm not very familiar with the guy, but didn't he want to help people by making communication easier and laying out the fundamental frame of language?

>Wittgenstein
>practical

Family...

How is he unpractical?
I'm aware that his work is complicated, but his point seems relatively helpful.

Yes user, those autism driven logic games sure are helpful and appliable to your everyday life.

What's the "renaissance man" philosophy?

the Perennialist ethos

>you are a rational being, conduct yourself with dignity
>you are an emanation of a transcendent principle, ain't that just the tightest shit you ever heard
>the greatest calling is not horizontal (worldly ambition, worldly gain) but vertical (conquering oneself)
>immortality is earned, not given, and only available to those who can actualize themselves in a way that is not dependent on the things of the body or the earth

Skepticism.

>le u can't kno nuffn

Nah

Hedonism

>Who cares about the rules, you gon die
>Do whatever feels good, there is nothing else

Literally the philosophy of a manchild

Literally the response of a not-argument

>dude just like eat and fap yolo lmao

What a dense, thought-provoking philosophy. Literally the philosophy of a child

Stirner's philosophy is actually very practical
It helped me become more clear-minded and goal oriented