What are this boards thoughts on Lindybeige?

What are this boards thoughts on Lindybeige?
For me, I think he gives lots of pretty interesting content, especially about this video regarding how the German Spandau is a trash tier weapon.

Other urls found in this thread:

lloydianaspects.co.uk/
youtube.com/watch?v=FLhFXIkysk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's good, let's leave it at that.
Now post Lindy's!

His videos about roleplaying games are absolutely inane and show that he has no capacity to understand abstraction.

Faggot.

We have a quite a bit of both fans and haters, and threads about him all the time.

eh, he can get pretty boring just like matt easton and skallgrim. They ramble way too much and can't edit for shit

He isn't one of those faggots who deny the Normans were French because eternal anglo butthurt?

>makes an entire video about how one should call both the MG-32 and the MG-42 the Spandau because that's supposedly what Brits called them during the war (and we speak BRITISH so that's what we should call it)
>entire premise based on the apparent difference between the 32 and 42 being insignificant
Hold on a second...

A lot of his opinions on things are not based on historical evidence or sources but from his own experience with them.

this, he clearly only has a amateur level of knowledge on some subjects, but still feels compelled to make videos about them

>MG-32

I can't be assed to post my criticisms of him in every thread, but basically outside archeology his opinions are absolutely shit-tier (linguistics) + he's one of those anglos that deny that the Normans spoke French or that Prussians, Dutch and Belgians fought at Waterloo (100% bretesh victory)

That's not uncommon among Veeky Forums-ers, that's why there are 500 D&D-clones with different combat rules. Even though ultimately it's still just about shouting "I swing my trusty sword at the vile goblinoid" and rolling some dice.

So those videos probably have an audience who thinks he makes sense.

>he's one of those anglos that deny that the Normans spoke French

Seriously. How can you deny that?

Some retard who thinks history is all about wars and weapons. Honestly, John Green is worlds better

Decently educated man who speaks in broad terms that are either okayishly correct or astoundingly wrong, absolute classist buffoon too.

I hate how he thinks his reenactment experience is a hundred percent historically accurate. He seems to base all of his ideas on combat from these experiences and totally ignores historical record. His nationalism is a bit annoying too.

Other than that he seems like a cool dude.

>muh British ww2 lmg still used today

And so is the mg42, hell even the Madsen, world's first lmg is stil used today, a lot in fact.

Why does this dude have a personal webpage like it's 1997? lloydianaspects.co.uk/

Unfunny autist who spent his uni years larking and watching Monty Python like an absolute faggot.

He's right about D&D4e

>Gosh this armor recreated based on hoplites is awfully bothersome to sit down it
>Therefore it wasn't made this way but the other way

Media professionals have personal websites so that when you google their name, that comes up. And not some forum post where you're ridiculed as an autist.

Lloydyboy could be mimicking that strategy.

Shitty bait is shitty but will no doubt draw in hundreds of posts.

It probably seems minor to us onlookers but when you actually do it yourself it's probably a glaring issue. People were practical, and when something seems unpractical in use it's unlikely it was used. Lindy offers a different perspective on things in that he actually tries to recreate things and experience them, not just read about them.

Britain dindu nothing wrong :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=FLhFXIkysk4

Certainly, but that's an awful lot of jumping to conclusions he did.

He doesn't deny they speak French

Fucking autistic and needs to get bashed like retarded egotistic nerds do. Only alright weapons expert dude on YouTube is that bald British HEMA weapons instructor who's way more grounded.