Pic related is not only the right-hand of the Pope, he's also extremely close friends with Benedict

pic related is not only the right-hand of the Pope, he's also extremely close friends with Benedict.

>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/pope-gay-washington/
youtube.com/watch?v=6Zbi0XmGtMw
reddit.com/r/Catholicism/comments/4pthoi/cardinal_marx_catholics_must_apologize_to/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Christianity died after the Reformation. Who cares?

Who gives a shit.

Here is another great cardinal, also very close to the pope

>In 2014, addressing a question raised on the family, he argued that church doctrine can change over time, and "doesn't depend on the spirit of time but can develop over time." "Saying that the doctrine will never change is a restrictive view of things," Marx later clarified at a Vatican press conference. "The core of the Catholic Church remains the Gospel, but have we discovered everything? This is what I doubt."[12]

>We have to respect the decisions of people. We have to respect also, as I said in the first synod on the family — some were shocked, but I think it’s normal — you cannot say that a relationship between a man and a man, and they are faithful, [that] that is nothing, that has no worth,

>He said it was up to the state “to make regulations for homosexuals so they have equal rights or nearly equal . . . but marriage is another point,” adding that the state “has to regulate these partnerships and to bring them into a just position, and we as church cannot be against it

>The history of homosexuals in our societies is very bad because we’ve done a lot to marginalize [them],” he said, adding that as a Church and as a society “we’ve also to say ‘sorry, sorry.’

>Cardinal Marx

cnn.com/2015/10/02/us/pope-gay-washington/

youtube.com/watch?v=6Zbi0XmGtMw

I'm not sure what's wrong with that statement. The Catholic Church still teaches that gay sex is a sin, it's just that they also don't want people rounding gays up and shooting them. Also if you are a celibate gay man you can totally be a priest.

That statement that says homosexual unions should be embraced, or are you talking about another statement?

It's so fucking strange how they'd made the image that you have to be a faggot immigrant symathizer in order to be a Christian.

>Cardinal Marx
What is it with Germans and their love of destroying everything that exists?

>implying

This.

I don't know why you're posting in a topic that doesn't interest you. This is of course something that interests those whose interest it covers. If your interest doesn't cover it, then of course you don't care, but that of course does not preclude those whose interest cover the topic.

union =/= marriage

They'll still go to hell if they have sex because they aren't married and you can't marry a man

reddit.com/r/Catholicism/comments/4pthoi/cardinal_marx_catholics_must_apologize_to/

>inb4 reddit
I know, I know, still, heresy isn't right and easy to spot.

>union =/= marriage
Embracing gay unions is still a major issue, and approval of "unions" is always a preciser to marriage, if the past few decades are any indication.

>They'll still go to hell

I really don't understand why it matters. From an anthropological standpoint, the hallowing of sex is something that is obviously rooted in ancient Semitic culture, as is the alleged holiness of virgins. One could easily surmise that sacredness of both arose from population scarcities, making the means of reproduction and other ideas associated with it holy. We see the same thing in the culture of the ancient Sumerians, who literally created a fertility God who was a manifestation of semen.

I don't understand what any of this has to do with anything.

>higher clergy hold heretical beliefs
in other news the sky is blue...

I mean, is this even a big deal? It happens all the time in church history. Nestorius was Patriarch and was supported and celebrated in his time, for example.

These are cardinals, the men who choose the Pope, and both are closer advisers of the current Pope, If the Pope were just a Patriarch, that would be one thing, but the Pope has total and limitless authority in the Catholics Church.

To me, nitpicking a couple lines in Paul's letters and the Old Testament stuff like Leviticus while ignoring Christ's teachings of the Holy Gospels is absolute bullshit.

Nowhere in the Gospels did Christ speak about homosexuality. Only thing I could ever think of was the story of the withering of the fig tree, but that is really about an unfruitful life. And if you think that is about homosexuals, you also damn infertile men and women.

Recently I heard from my mom how a friend of my godmother had killed himself. Despite being a major sin in the Orhtodox church that bars a funeral, oir priest still visited the family and said a blessing. I believe had also privately blessed his and his husband, even if the church would not recognize them as a couple. Now I do no know what lead to his suicide, but despite being gay the young man was active in the church and it pained our preist that he could not do more for this loving couple and this troubled young man.

I was talking to our priest about some of my own unrelated issues. I noticed books in his office and saw a couple about gays and the church.

I also remember the teachers and clergy at my Catholic high school were very open and welcoming to gay kids amd this was late 90s.

I just cannot amend the teachings of Christ's love and the disgusting bile many so called Christians spew about our homosexual brothers and sisters.

shit. I think that is a NH cousin's priest.