What is this meme called falun gong? Why does the chink gov hate it so much and why are western so accepting toward it?

What is this meme called falun gong? Why does the chink gov hate it so much and why are western so accepting toward it?

Other urls found in this thread:

massey.ac.nz/massey/fms/Colleges/College of Business/Communication and Journalism/ANZCA 2008/Refereed Papers/Kavan_ANZCA08.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dat symbol
what the fuck it's literally korean nazis.

You have to be 18 or older to post on this site.

> Why does the chink gov hate it so much
probably because it comes from the USA

>preform a demonstration that can be considered anti-government
>already stigma against small NRMs for their "cult-like" practices
There you go. The current Chinese government has a much stricter definition and regulation of religion than western nations.

R the news true that the practitioners set themselves on fire and dont eat pills during diarrhea and shit themselves to death? On the otherside is it true that the chink gov sells organs of these ppl? Idk why the falun ppl hate gov so much.

They actually accepted it when it first began.

The Falun Gong advocated a system of qigong exercises- similar to people practicing Tai chi in a park, for instance - with a philosophy of compassion and honesty and all that good stuff. However, it had no hard institution that could be regulated by government. It was a spiritual movement, rather than a religion.
I'm not exactly sure of the turn of events, but a founder or a higher up practiced it in a space where he was prohibited, and managed to get a large following with him in a short amount of time.
This independence, coupled with Falun Gong's wide following, scared the Chinese Government, which subsequently cracked down on the practice.
I'm assuming all the crazy shit was invented by the media for one purpose or another, because the religion is nothing radical, if you can even call it a religion.

Looking at the pages of your books I can see that you havent even read most of them, or even opened them for that matter. Why be a pseud on Veeky Forums of all places?

the falun gong are most definitely a cult, that said they are brutally repressed by the chinese government and have their organs harvested against their will while still alive. I consider that to be wrong.

According to a Canadian Human Rights Commission report in 2007 "there has been, and continues today to be, large-scale organ seizures from unwilling Falun Gong practitioners."

This

The movement is funded by a CIA proxy organization designed to destabilized China.

[Citation needed]

Also, the CIA has fucking funded the mujahedeen and shit. Why would they straight up create a hippy-dippy quasi-religious movement based on old people excercises when they could just fund Uighurs to destabilize Xinjiang?

>Implying they don't do both

Check your facts

Nowhere does that state "while still alive."

>implying we don't do both

Actually the religion is pretty radical. It tries to blend judeo-christianity with apocalypse style ancestor worship/ chinse corrupted buddhism.

Generic apocalypse cult stuff, gotta practice our way to be redeemed etc etc

The whole qigong image is crafted for the western consumer.

Source: Lived in a house full of falun dafa practitioners for almost a year in New York.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Eastern Lightning.

I was just pointing out that it was founded by a chinese guy living in NYC, never implied it was the CIA or anything

>Candafag detected
No doubt a chink.

Pretty shitty and quite meme-y taste in literature.

This. It's similar to Tai Chi, but blended in with a whole shitload of "end times" millenarian gobbledygook. Mostly harmless since anyone with half a brain won't fall for it. Just shows you how stupid some Chinese can be, and how spooked the CPC can be. As if they need a reason to bring brutal crackdowns on their own people.

No, I'm definitely not. They do believe that the endtimes are coming (in the usual nonspecific timeframe way) and that they'd be the only ones 'marked' and saved.

That's a common occurrence in Buddhism, though. It's a Day of Latter Dharma, and is anything but unique in east Asian religion. It's most likely been exaggerated by Chinese media to aid in their crack down. The real cult is Eastern Lightning, which has a basis in the USA.

>This. It's similar to Tai Chi, but blended in with a whole shitload of "end times" millenarian gobbledygook. Mostly harmless since anyone with half a brain won't fall for it. Just shows you how stupid some Chinese can be, and how spooked the CPC can be. As if they need a reason to bring brutal crackdowns on their own people.

That's what the Western media wants you to believe. The actual reality is that Falun Gong is a dangerous cult, akin to Scientology. This cult is also funded by the CIA which the CCP has known for sometime, at first they watched but as the cult grew and their message became more radical the CCP started cracking down.

They broadly accepted it and promoted it when it first appeared, shit it was on national TV. However, following the Tiannemen Square Massacre the leadership of the CCP was a bit iffy on gatherings of large people, so Jiang Zemin used that and targetted Falung Gong as a threat to the Communist government. Following was a huge expansion of the police force, and thusly, more power to Jiang Zemin.
Take that with a grain of salt though, I'm very rusty on my Chinese political knowledge. The CCP is very, well, fractured and prone to political gambles and bickering. See the latest anti-corruption campaign that is(has?) ousted Jiang Zemin.

Have you collected your 50 cents today? And is your tinfoil on tight enough?

Falun Gong is not anything like Scientology, apart from both being, like virtually all religions (*fedora tip*) a whole bunch of silly nonsense. The CPC doesn't like movements or ideologies it can't control and/or that threaten its authority. Simple as that.

Isn't it some weirdo yoga done by KMT loyalists still in the PRC?

>Mostly harmless since anyone with half a brain won't fall for it.

70 million members don't have half a brain?

is there supposed to be a numerical limit on gullibility

Yup. And? 70 million out of 1.4 billion (plus diaspora) isn't a lot.

Dude the west was cool with the khmer when it turned out they could be used to fuck with the Vietnamese, made a refugee crisis out of genocidaires escaping their just punishment.

But that's politics. There's probably some irrelevant groups here elevated to special status by the chinese.

Then prove it.

Show the evidence, hombre.

shitty b8 m8

>he doesnt take care of his books enough for them to look new

Whatever happened to the cool Chinese cults that practiced martial arts like the Boxers or the Red Turbans.

Why don't we have those anymore?

Guns, I suppose.

>No Gun Fu cult like the Way of the Shadow Gunfighting or something.

CCP doesn't like organisations it cannot control.Or any organisations besides itself, for that matter.

dubs quoted for truth, but it's also truth. China is not communist as much as a single party authoritarian body. That single party will do anything possible to act against any detraction or subversion. This is not a human right to them.

Chinese communist party is fucking stupid and will not go back on decisions. it was made illegal because they needed a scape goat and have persecuted it ever since

Someone mentioned it's similar to Tai Chi exercises, does anyone know more about that? What's the deal with this chink yoga?

The other day I read a report of a NZ woman who got in the cult to analyze it.

It starts innocently enough, just exercises and stuff. But if you hang around long enough, they give you the leader's books in which he is the messiah with super powers and stuff. You can only be saved if you follow him and the tickets to heaven are limited so only the most pious and devoted will be saved. Run of the mill cult stuff.

Here, I found it. Have a read:
massey.ac.nz/massey/fms/Colleges/College of Business/Communication and Journalism/ANZCA 2008/Refereed Papers/Kavan_ANZCA08.pdf

The Chinese gov hates religion in general, see Christians and all of Tibet.

Are you purposefully being retarded?

>2016 numbers

In 1998 it was numerically superior to the Communist Party.

LookI don't know m8, technology?

There are over 80,000 organizations of over 10,000 members in China.
What you meant to say is that they all have CCP agents in them.

>it's a human right to form organizations that advocate overthrow and terrorism

>scapegoat

What? Falun Gong was the opposite of that

No it is not.

It's almost like religious people are on average, delusional and a threat to technological progress.

What is it with chinks and retarded cults?

The vast majority of humanity is part of a cult.

>There are over 80,000 organizations of over 10,000 members in China.
This is disingenuous, since the majority are state-approved or state-friendly. If they pose no obvious threat by meeting to talk about gardening or collecting chopsticks, who cares.

>What you meant to say is that they all have CCP agents in them.
Wouldn't surprise me, to be honest.

The indians are the masters of bizarre peactizes.
Chinks dont get on their level.

>It's almost like religious people are on average, delusional and a threat to technological progress.
Can you tip your fedora any harder, Chang?

> What is this meme called falun gong?

A kind of chink magic.

> Why does the chink gov hate it so much

Dialectical materialism.

>why are western so accepting toward it

New agers.

Can confirm, grandfather practice for 20+ year, never turned into a demon hell spawn or a religious lunatic .

I've never heard of Falun Gong practicioners being anything more than people who practice tai chi type stuff while following very general spiritual advice. Where's all of this doomsday cult stuff coming from?

Is Falun Gong really anything like a death cult or is it all PRC damage control and sensationalism? I'm genuinely curious and confused.

>Falun Gong
>Phallus Dong

It may not be a very strong element of the movement for some people. Much like not every Christian is desperately waiting daily for Jesus' return.