These are our terms;

These are our terms;

>Unconditional surrender
>military occupation
>we dictate your country's domestic policies
>you become our proxy satellite state
>and we have a free pass to rape your women

>Sign the document in the dotted line here to keep the apparence of legality or we nuke you into extintion

What could Japan do in face of American Enlightened values?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow this certainly isn't a loaded question user!

Ironic that you use irony whilst failing to detect the obvious irony in the OP's question.

Gtfo, no one gives a shit.
Do you know what the japs did to many captured POWs?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
Read and then tell me you pity the japs

So it was just a shitty joke about a worn out topic?

Do like Finland to the Soviet Union. Fight them until they no longer demand an unconditional surrender.

I can think of at least two reasons why that would have been a bad idea.

at that time the technology to mass produce nuclear weaponry didn't exist so even if the war went on longer, conventional bombing runs would have done more damage than nuclear ones

2 nukes had killed as many people as conventional bombing combined in Japan, if not more. That's with the US targeting smaller cities on purpose. This firebomb > nuke meme needs to die with dumbfucks like you.

>2 nukes had killed as many people as conventional bombing combined in Japan, if not more.
Single Tokyo firebombing killed more people than two nukes combined.

The next two nukes in production were smaller ones meant to be used tactically during the amphibious assault on Japan.

You can't even be bothered to do a 1 minute wiki search yet you have the energy to spout retarded memes on Veeky Forums. Just kys desu.

>The next two nukes in production were smaller ones meant to be used tactically during the amphibious assault on Japan.
The next two nukes were literally another Mk.I (Little Boy) and Mk.III (Fat Man) nukes.

Considering where Japan is now, and how they have been nurtured back to being an economic superpower, I'd say America has repaid them.

Why do you need to generalize and dehumanize an entire population to explain how someone is wrong?

It's perfectly reasonable to pity the people who suffered for the incompetence, greed, and arrogance of their government/military leaders.

Japan was not "nurtured back." They got their on their own.

The point I'm trying to make is that America could've enslaved them all.

But they didn't.

Why didn't they? That's right. Because it was about winning a war, not oppressing people.

The point you made was that America nurtured Japan back to becoming an economic superpower. You are wrong.
Why are you going back and trying to claim you said something different?
That's right, you are moving the goalposts.

So you're saying America did nothing to help Japan rebuild after WW2?

Like literally nothing? Not even trading with them?

Try harder you self-hating faggot.

Are you saying that doing less than nothing = nurturing?
Are you saying that trading with a country means you built its economy back?
Retard.

I didn't say America built its economy back. I said it nurtured it, meaning it helped it get to where it is now, by cooperation and free trade, and no hard feelings, and a what is done is done attitude.

I get that you are one of those fags at some leftist University that has been taught that America is the source of all evil in the world, but that doesn't make it true.

They got $2.4 billion by 1953 from the Marshall Plan, that goes a long way.

Japan paid half a billion of that right back in war reparations to the US. On top of that Japan had to pay reparations to other countries and the allies confiscated Japan's overseas capital assets totaling far more than what they ever got through the Marshall Plan.
The Marshall Plan should be understood as a discount or rebate on reparations, rather than the US "helping" the defeated Axis countries.

And Japan traded with America with no hard feelings. Would you say that Japan nurtured America's economy to where it is now?
The answer is no, because that would be fucking retarded. The same goes for the other way around.

>at that time the technology
Did they know that?

Document 72 notes that by October, they'd be making 3 a month, with production increasing as it goes into 1946. That's more than enough to flatten Japan.

No they didnt

If it wasn't for us occupation the would have gone commie in the 50s

It sounds like Japan still got more money than it received, not counting the billions it saved over the years on defense spending.

>it's another "the japanese military did bad things so innocent japanese women and children must pay! aren't we westerners so civilized?" thread

OP is right. A classic example of western bias. The US is completely justified in resisting tyranny of Britain, yet is free to reign the same exact tyranny upon other peoples.

A house slave can get entire meals and water served to him while he barely does any hard work.

It still doesn't change the fact that he's a slave.

>It sounds like Japan still got more money than it received
It's like someone came to your house, took your tv, your car, and your PC, and gave you $200. Then you had to give back $50.
That sounds like Japan still got more money than it paid to you because you are retarded.

Lmao m8. Can you explain to me what's the difference between torturing people for science and pardoning the torturers in exchange for the data?

start shit get hit

Don't start a fight with the biggest guy in the room, and you won't have to agree to unsatisfactory terms when he's beating your ass.

pretty much this

We may act civilised and enlightened, but when it comes down to it, we're still just a bunch of overdeveloped baboons who've been flinging shit at eachother for the past 100,000 years or so.

Go be fat else where trump cuck

We gave them literal billions during the Marshall plan, and warded of the USSR.

Japan doesn't get to say no hard feelings you dip. They lost, however instead of make those pathetic slant eyed war criminals a fucking vassal rape state, the United States provided them with a large stimulus package reconstruction style, and allowed them to trade freely and independently without having to sign grossly one sided opium war tier trade agreements. Considering the shit they pulled the fact that they even remained autonomous after WW2 is a testament to the good will of the American government.

>>What could Japan do in face of American Enlightened values?
Accept nuking.

Which would actually be a land invasion because the USA was ages away from having more nukes

The next nuke would have been ready 20 days after nagasaki.

The plan was to drop three nuclear weapons at the same time as the landings, because nobody really understood radiation yet.