Hey biz the SP500 down roughly 3%, TVIX does not get to the pre market price. wtf is going on here rigged...

hey biz the SP500 down roughly 3%, TVIX does not get to the pre market price. wtf is going on here rigged? did the fed prop up the market? pic related 2.1 Trillion gone yet most stocks went down between 3 and 6%

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/why-vix-low-123037640.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you fucking stupid not all stocks are worth the same it just averaged that.

That's not what VIX tracks....

in PM, Yellen came out with a comment about providing liquidity IIRC

VIX ended at 25.XX, which is right in the middle of the 20-30 scale. Could hit 30 Monday, desu

SP was projected to take the smallest hit, and therefore took the biggest. This is what happens. Overall, I was unimpressed with the "it's happening," although the dow's recovery before closing did surprise me a bit.

buy it didn't recover before closing, it ended down over 600

TVIX is derivative of the VIX,

and VIX does, well i have no clue

but whenever there i volatility, u profit

usually as simple as that

VIX tracks volatility in the option prices of the S&P500.
TVIX is a leveraged ETF of VIX.

OP, here's an article from 2012 that will shed some light on your question..
>finance.yahoo.com/news/why-vix-low-123037640.html

Also, I read somewhere that volatility is more apparent in up markets, not down ones, so that might also explain the apparent low movement in VIX today

No you just don't know how to read.

>VIX tracks volatility in the option prices of the S&P500.
yea, this

>low movement in VIX

Are we watching the same thing? Fuckin VIX went up 50% today.

>Fuckin VIX went up 50% today.
I saw this too

>"world" markets
Europe lost 10% OP. The Nips got beat too

I think OP's post may be referring to how the VIX opened at 26.06 but closed lower than that, with most of the day far off the open price.

OP may be curious why something that is meant to track volatility would be in the reverse of what appears to be a pretty turbulent market.

it did not
closed under 200 MA

I believe the VIX only tracks SP500, which opened lower than closed, so I don't see why the VIX would be any different. Think of VIX as a reverse SP500. Thats not totally accurate, but its pretty close

>Global economy loses 2.1 trillion dollars
That's almost the amount of money which was lost in 2008. Fucking Britbongs will bring a recession. This will effect China which is trying to contain their losses from last year anal rape fest of it markets.

It says markets, not economy. American households alone lost some $20 trillion in 2008. A 3% dip in the SP500 is not 2008, zerohedge

But it's not close at all user..

Nice chart showing you don't know wtf you're talking about.
>VIX is an inverse of SPY…lol

Volatility can happen in up or down markets

They're just pulling numbers out of their asses. They literally know nothing of what they speak.

>he doesn't understand what implied vol is
>he doesn't even know about SKEW

nigga look at the fucking chart
>"not totally accurate but close"
The autism on this board is palpable

If you think the VIX just tracks an inverse of SPY, then you don't know wtf you're taking about.

VIX tracks the volatility of options in the SPY. Meaning it has absolutely zero to do with the ups and downs of the SPU index and everything to do with calls/put changes within.

Fucking look it up

noob here, what exactly does it mean to provide liquidity?

Print money

We all know what the VIX is, hothead. Except OP, which is why I explained:
>think of VIX as an inverse SP500. Thats not totally accurate, but it's pretty close
>"think of"..... "not totally accurate".... "pretty close"

If you need me to explain why broad market volatility is more prevelant in sell-offs you should stop posting