You're a foreign dignitary on a visit to the court of King Louis

You're a foreign dignitary on a visit to the court of King Louis.

How do you keep from dying of laughter, and causing a war with France?

You can't
Why do you think pic related happened?

Think about France kicking your backwards shitholes ass and eyeing up all the hot fat bottomed girls

But user that's Leopold I of the Holy Roman Empire

Let's here be war, I keked.

I'll be damned, I saw it and it was mislabeled

my mistake, still, war with france, war with the HRE

it's going to be hard to not laugh

>France wins them all

yeah, but then

>seven years war

it was downhill from there

>side up to one those girls
>it's the king

This.

As if a dirty French could rival the inbred glory of a Habsburg.

The French had some pretty princesses as rulers too though.

Don't worry friemd, pic related happened and the anglos still haven't gotten over it.

was he fresh from practicing the organ when this portrait was outlined?

>attack US shipping
>put them on the list of people that were all fighting us at once because the whole world is against us D: !!!1!

Well, you can see they're not colored on the map

I'm a Scot.
Therefore I never laugh.
We mutually go to war on England because muh auld alliance, in which France eventually gets bored and sues for peace leaving me in serious trouble.

Eventually my country sells itself out anyway, meaning it was all for nothing.

>declaring war on Louis XIV's france

it's like you want your country to get shrekt. There's a reason why europe had to gang up not to fall for his plans.

it's not like everyone was on board with that measure

It's not a matter of your party declaring war, so much as it is a gaff that impugns upon the king's ego.

Someone losing it at the sight of his many frilled dresses, before his entire court, might end up causing call for satisfaction on the national stage.

No they didn't.

He left out the
>France surrenders Freiburg, Breisach and Philippsburg to the Holy Roman Empire, Spain recovers Catalonia from France, and Duchy of Lorraine is restored to Leopold Joseph from France

And War of the Spanish Succession had no winner.

>house of Bourbon still rules Spain in 2016

There was clearly a winner.

>rules Spain
*reigns in Spain

>France surrenders Freiburg, Breisach and Philippsburg to the Holy Roman Empire

Which they had conquered in that war and merely gave up in negociations
In the end, the French Eastern border still advanced

It blows my mind just how dominant France was at that time. I mean look at the fucking war of devolution. Look at it, and the results.

Only problem is Louis didn't know when to give up. He just kept going at it and you can only beat everybody else in the world so many times.

That's the best case scenario. The worst case scenario would be them actually allying with England to go, ones for more clay eastwards and the other for ships and trade dominance at the expense of the Dutch Republic, meanwhile you slowly get cucked.

Totally deserved treatment for allying France.

>And War of the Spanish Succession had no winner

It had 1 big winner, 3 big losers and a couple of neithers.

France of the revolution is almost a different thing entirely than the France of the ancien regime.
It certainly went downhill for the France of the aristocrats.

I've talked with a few frogs on /int/ and they explained me that that Louis XIV isn't at all seen as a warmonger in France (unlike for exemple Napoleon) but mostly remember for his flamboyant personality and all the court bullshits

It's pretty ironic when you know that Louis XIV actively started most of his wars for the sole purpose of conquest while Napoleon mostly acted in defense with conquest being a side effect

>Comment ça va, Jacques?
>Nous sommes at war once more, mon ami.
>With whom, Jacques?
>Everyone.
>Again?
>Again.
>Vive le roi!
>Vive le roi.

We're all english speakers, I wager most of Veeky Forums is native speakers, even if we don't like anglo perfidity it's that perfidious dialogue we are limited to.
Anglo writing idealized ancien regime france and hated revolutionary france, and that's what we read.
That said, Napoleon was totally down with his wars, not that that's a bad thing. War ain't bad if you end up spreading the napoleonic code, the fundamental rights of man and citizen, all that jazz. That's war you can be fucking proud of.

By being stoic and professional.

reminds me of the famous jester who smacked his king on the ass

the king was going to have him executed, unless he could come up with an even bigger insult than what he just did

the jester replied:
>"sorry, I thought it was the queen!"

Also, he's in costume for a play.