So I'm selling a figurine on ebay and the buyer ask if the figurine is authentic from Japan or fake from China to which...

So I'm selling a figurine on ebay and the buyer ask if the figurine is authentic from Japan or fake from China to which I replied.

While authentic Nendoroids are usually also manufactured in China. This is an authentic Nendoroid imported from Amiami.com. As evidenced by this guide to tell real from fake.
leeksarefalling.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/nendoroid-guide-10-steps-to-differentiate-between-real-and-fakes/

2: The very first thing to check is whether they have the round sticker to secure the cover of the box. This is a standard for all GSC nendos.

If you look at my 4th photo the sticker is indeed round.

3: Very poor quality. For example, signs, such as a bad paint job, limbs/head fallen out while in the box. For example, this is my miku nendo:

If you look at the 1st photo, none of the parts have dropped out, Hakase's eyes are painted perfectly aligned.

5: The box. The boxes of real nendoroids are slightly more glossy then those of the fake nendos.

This might be hard to see from the photos, but this box is indeed glossy.

Considering plenty of other sellers putting only stock photos of the figurine on their page, it's a risk to buy Nendoroids on ebay. Please look at my uploaded photos of the actual product to confirm that this is a real nendoroid and not a Chinese fake.

Thanks

To which he called my reply rude and pretentious. Do you guys know what's wrong with my reply and how I can improve on it? He declined my counter offer but left a message calling me a rude and obnoxious seller.

>This is an authentic Nendoroid imported from Japan

This is all your message should have said

Anybody can claim it's authentic and post stock photo on their page though. Did I did that much wrong by providing evidence why it's real?

There was nothing wrong with your reply.

If anything, you went too above and beyond

You were just talking to either a retard, a poojet, or scammer that wanted to see how much you knew about it

Either ignore it and move on (best choice) or tell him to fuck off and take his stupid with him

Some said my reply was autistic and overly aggressive. Are you not supposed to always provide evidence to back up your claim?

Then again this buyer is suspicious already, I originally was wondering if I should even bother replying to him. Trying to handle his accusation of it being a fake with evidence somehow backfired.

Do not sell to that buyer. The moment he receives it, he'll notify eBay that it's fake, get refunded and keep the item. Then he'll give you negative feedback. Because he's a douche.

Inb4 personal experience

Good luck with better bidders. You seem knowledgable about the subject, so I'm hopeful you'll find an equal for the auction.

Everything more than one line memes is considered autistic, pretentious, and aggressive now.

Are you new to ebay?

You're putting too much energy into dealing with retards.

You will go bald at 20 if you let every dumb buyer on ebay stress you out

Thanks, from now on if the buyer is even suspicious about my item being real, I'll just block him since he will most likely file a claim.
I'm new to selling on ebay, so this guy leaving me a negative reply on the delined offer page really stressed me out.

It's not autistic. But I agree with the advice given to OP. Many on eBay are too stupid to read more than about six words. Their brains just shut down. By giving a good answer, at best you're wasting your time, at worst allowing a moron to concoct fantasies upon which to attack you for not fulfilling.

You need to be blocking about 90% of people

If they bid weird, message you weird, have broken English, make weird special requests, or even just annoy you, then you don't sell to them.

You have to be very active about your ebay listings, because ebay is buyer always wins.

Thanks. Next time some one message me something suspicious, should I just skip or ignore them? They can just decline their offer and leave a scathing attack on the seller on the feedback page like what happened now.

Oh and I guess I overestimated people's reading comprehension. What I meant as sincere evidence came off as rude, obnoxious, and autistic.

Where are you selling from? I wouldn't mind a 博士

I love my Hakase but sadly I got to sell her off and the rest of my NRFB collections since Im moving away and cant take much with me. I never expected to encounter jerk buyers so quickly

Your reply was thorough and professional. The buyer is just a faggot.

>go bald at 20 from stress
He's not lying user, it happened to me.

>Is this animu figurine real or fake?
>"Let me explain to you in a 5 paragraph essay exactly why it's not fake whilst sounding as condescending as I possibly can"
>"lol what did i do wrong, biz?"

You either hit every branch on the autism tree falling down or you are thicker than a shit swamp, because you clearly aren't capable of even answering a yes/no question, let alone understanding at all why he reacted that way due to your reply.

Show where OP was condescending

See >Everything more than one line memes is considered autistic, pretentious, and aggressive now.

OP answered the question and then educated the buyer on what to look for in an authentic vs fake product.

kys

Please tell me which part of my paragraph sound condescending so I can avoid offending people in the future. I just want to assure my buyer that they're buying an authentic product

Also do are people really satisfied with a simple yes/no with no supporting evidence? Surely even a seller selling Chinese knock off will say yes right?

>...the buyer ask if the figurine is authentic from Japan or fake from China
>...authentic Nendoroids are usually also manufactured in China. This is an authentic Nendoroid imported from Amiami.com. As evidenced by this guide to tell real from fake
>>link

The whole "well, akshully, a lot of authentics are chinese" isn't great to start off with and it doesn't answer his question, he asked "is it real or fake?" not "educate me on how wrong I am for asking this question". Also, putting in the link (assuming you did) is cringeworthy at best.

>2: The very first thing to check is whether they have the round sticker to secure the cover of the box. This is a standard for all GSC nendos.

I would bet $100 that he doesn't care about the sticker, just that it's a non-knockoff figure.

>If you look at my 4th photo the sticker is indeed round.

This screams condescension like a heavy-handed humble brag would

>3: Very poor quality. For example, signs, such as a bad paint job, limbs/head fallen out while in the box. [etc.]

I don't blame this at all, but in tandem with the rest, it's not good.

>5: The box. The boxes of real nendoroids are slightly more glossy then those of the fake nendos.
>This might be hard to see from the photos, but this box is indeed glossy.
>Considering plenty of other sellers putting only stock photos of the figurine on their page, it's a risk to buy Nendoroids on ebay. Please look at my uploaded photos of the actual product to confirm that this is a real nendoroid and not a Chinese fake.

Maybe he didn't know a slightly more glossy box meant a non-knockoff, and you yourself said it's hard to distinguish, so why blame him via "please look at the photos I put up"?

>Thanks

Regards would have been good, saying thanks after that shitstorm may have come across extremely pretentious, especially over a message.
I'm not trying to shit on you, I just am baffled as to how you didn't see this by simply revisiting your message.

Thanks user. Next time Ill just keep to a yes and no then. Should I block buyers asking these questions? If they're paranoid about the product, they'll probably find something to complain about and ask for refund too

If anything I'd be happy to receive such an informative reply. Tell him you only ejaculated on it once

I personally would have said yes, here's the round sticker found on all genuine products, I used photos of my product instead of stock photos, and if you have any doubts/questions/concerns, please let me know.
Let the ball be in their court as they say.

A scammer generally would just flat accept it no hesitation at that point, a genuine buyer would reply with a question or say "well, yea, you're right, that makes sense" and ask something about shipment

Shit user, now it makes me paranoid that scammers can make up lies and get ebay on the buyer's side. This guy has around 500 stars but judging by this tone, there seem to be nitpicker who will find the tiniest nonexistent fault and file a faulty product claim. Id sale to my local toy reseller, but that'll be a fraction of the price Ill get online

>condescending
>educating
You would not believe how many people in the US consider education to be condescending. There is an incredible backlash against teachers, science, knowledge, etc here. You're not allowed to be an expert because it makes ignorant people look bad.

I recently had a buyer ask if a toy I was selling had a totally mint box with no corner wear or scratches or anything. Obviously, this mook never ordered from anywhere online because Mattel, TRU, and Amazon are notorious for using zero padding for anything. Of course I waste my time explaining how they're in really good shape but no package arrives 100% perfect and I wouldn't, and realistically couldn't, accept a return over some microscopic or imagined flaw.

>accept a return over some microscopic or imagined flaw.
Can buyers actually complain about that and get away with it? Seems like even buyers with tons of stars are nitpicky about mint conditions. If they are, what's to stop nitpicky buyer from making up fake defects and screwing over the seller?

Against a small seller, a buyer can say anything and get a full refund (including shipping both ways) without returning the product. Against a Chinese seller, eBay will tell buyers to pound sand.

>Some said my reply was autistic and overly aggressive

If this guy is buying jap dolls on ebay and not expecting to deal with autistics then he is an idiot, don't worry about it.

It was just some neckbeard who felt like he knew everything about anything getting pissed that you posted a detailed reason as to why it's genuine along with the article that tells him how to spot a genuine.

He was probably like, "He posted the link on how to spot a fake and then posted reasons as to why it isn't fake. Does he think that I cannot read an article and make up my own determination as to if it is real or not?"

Probably way late but I used to collect figures and nendroids and shit and I would have appreciated your thorough explanation if I was uninformed about that kind of stuff.

At the same time, I get questions all the time asking about authenticity and I never go as far as you did I try to keep it simple. I don't care about the buyer I just want to sell and tell them it's real and to look up fakes or fuck off because I don't get paid to educate them and if they don't buy someone else will.

And I am a small seller using ebay just to offload my meager personal collection. Should I try selling somewhere else if there are so many scammers on ebay? I limit to US only but did not expect to encounter nitpicky buyers after only 3 successful sales

I've sold around 60+ items on eBay with no problem, just ignore this buyer and wait for another, I haven't had any complaints either.

Your reply had improper grammar in the first sentence, and confusing and misleading information. All the buyer asked was if it was real or fake. is right.

Really? If I was buying, I want more than just a statement that it's authentic. I want proof as well. Perhaps majority of people aren't like that and believe in in baseless yes or nos.

Next time OP, give them a "no it's not fake" line first. They were just asking whether or not it was legit, not doubting the validity of any claims of legitimacy. Tell them that you can provide proof of it's legitimacy if they require it.
>It is an authentic Japanese nendoroid. If you'd like some proof to be safe, I'd be happy to oblige.