Why were there successful Germanic states in France, German, and Britain, but no effective expansion from the Nordics?

Why were there successful Germanic states in France, German, and Britain, but no effective expansion from the Nordics?

>Normandy
>Rus
>Britain

Dumbass

>Independent state
>Independent state
>Angle and Saxon colony briefly occupied by the Danes who were easily defeated by Normans

>Sicily
>Finland
>Estonia
>Latvia

>irrelevant
>irrelevant
>implying Angles and Jutes aren't from a Nordic country

They weren't interested in imperialism, and there weren't enough of them to drown out local cultures where they conquered, so they wound up assimilating instead.

Scandinavia was generally an uninhabitable dump before industrialisation, and by then it was too late.

>France
Heartland of Roman settlement, the Franks effectively left Roman institutions untouched, Roman law inherrently held sway in those lands making backwards practices like trial by combat outdated and illegal rather quickly.

>Britain
Same story, though held by the Romans much shorter. It also had a second reception of Roman/Latin culture with the Norman invasion and the close ties with mainland France that followed until the Hundred Years War.

>Germany
Backwards shithole until the brilliant Bismarck decided that he may hate Krauts who disagree with him, but he hates other countries even more.

>Nordicks
Backwards savages unaffected by Mediterranean civilization. Even in the industrial revolution they were the very last to catch up.

>silicy

what?
Rly?
Didnt the Visigoths stop sicily?

>hate Krauts who disagree with him, but he hates other countries even more
this statement alone caused a breakthrough in German thought

I like this vendel wojak

show the crest pls

>Backwards shithole until the brilliant Bismarck
Please, the HRE was on the same level as France until the latter managed to properly centralize.

Nordic countries(besides Sweden I guess) had shit for farmland and room to grow in. Denmark and Sweden, in particular, kept having wars between one another, too. Some 21 wars from 1205 to 1814 averaging to a war every 29 years. Not good for prosperity and growth.

Almost everything in that post is wrong. Life must be hard as a salty wog

>no effective expansion from the Nordics
>Finland
>Russia
>Iceland + Greenland + Vinland
>Normandy
>Southern Italy and Sicily
>Antioch

>Vinland
>successful

might be my bad english but i have no idea what you're trying to say

Sicily/Southern Italy and Antioch were Norman conquests.

>He doesn't know about the Hautevilles

Try reading a book, kid.

Sicily was pretty much the whore Europe

everyone had a taste

Greeks
Romans
Muslims
Vikings
The French
Spaniards

How about all of them, since the Germanic people originated in Scandinavia.

Geography and the Rus was destroyed by Mongols. Same for the Vinland colonies that apparently died from the fucking plague despite being that far from Europe.

From what I remember, don't know if it's factual or not, is that the Vinland natives were pretty hostile too.

I know the settlers in Greenland died from the mini ice age and just couldn't cope while being outcompeted by the Inuits coming from the north or something.