Problem of Evil. I dare you to solve it

Problem of Evil. I dare you to solve it.

>muh free will
>muh god is good by definition
>muh god has a plan
>muh universe is the least evil possible

Don't try to use these. Don't try sophistry. Just answer the fucking question, why does your asshole of a god allow people to suffer needlessly?

Cause people like you exist

Never knew I was the one responsible for natural catastrophes. God should have sent me a memo.

why does he allow people to be happy needlessly?

Because good necessitates the existence of bad.

>it's another "butthurt fedora spends more time thinking about religion than actual members of the faithful" episode

Do you insist on looking like a Chick Tract caricature? Whatever. "Evil", or the transience of good things, is a natural property of the physical world. Nothing lasts forever, the pleasure you find from eating, sleeping, drinking, carousing, watching movies, etc will all vanish no matter how luxurious they are. So evil isn't a "problem", it's the natural state of the world. You can escape this by seeking the transcendent. People who suffer aren't trying hard enough to escape their material prison, and indeed will continue to suffer endlessly until they do.

define evil and make a case for its existence

>practical definition unrelated to any arguments about its dislikability

don't try to use this

I solved it.

God doesn't care about you.

He said people LIKE you, not YOU

Because OP is a faggot.

No, we're not talking homosexuality or the buttsex thing.

look at you baiting the theists, user how brass. it's like shooting fish in a barrel and yet here you are, you must be either a child or a newly forged atheist. I'll answer your simple riddle with one word:
>duality
now take some personal responsibility and stop blaming others like this "god" for your sovereign existence. evil is necessary, one end of the physical spectrum and without it life wouldn't be possible. fuck you for making me reply, i see this same shit fucking question every time i come to his, the endless summer is here, fuck you again.

Existence of God. I dare you to disprove it.

>mug problem of evil

Don't try to use this. Don't use sophistry. Just answer the fucking question, why does your asshole deny God's existence?

how does free will not answer your question
Do you lack the logic to understand people with free will act however they want

Tsunamis have free will?

tsunamis are evil?

Letting tsunamis kill thousands is evil, given ability to prevent that

Augustine answered this in the fucking 1st century. If you cant or wont read books for grown-ups don't try to discuss them.

Problem?

Nature is unforgiving but not evil.That's simply the reality of the world.You are part of nature and thus have to abide by its rules. One of the side effects of being able to sustain life is tsunamis. Get over it kid.

>god is all powerful
>chooses not to stop all the rocks

>god is not omnipotent as he can't influence how nature works

Your problem is that you see God as some guy with a beard sitting in the clouds looking over the world trying to enforce right and wrong across the world.
God doesnt do something because it's right but rather it's right because God does it.

>mortals within a system think they can define what is good and bad while still being subject to said system

the cosmos is laughing

>Monotheism doesn't mean a personal God that can influence the world, because I say so.
>It's really just deism

Kill youareself m80.

This is the correct answer, but of course it doesn't get any responses. Plebs.

>the problem of evil only applies to those that believe in an all powerful god.

You think suffering is bad, you're wrong.

Furthermore, your belief that suffering is bad change subtle complex feelings into what you imagine suffering is. This way, you suffer while you could just contemplate.

>God is all powerful so I should kiss my boo-boos

>5.9 million children under the age of 5 years old, die every year
>"Le u just gotta contemplate that suffering mang, it's just part of le gods plan mang"

>5.9 million children under the age of 5 years old, die every year
Yes, and? Millions of children have died. Billions of adults will die. Trillions of animals have died in even more gruesome and inauspicious circumstances. The cruelty of the material is not limited to humanity, nor has it ever been.

Try playing a hand that isn't so clammy with judeo-christendom.

There are three general solutions. You can judge whether you like them.

>Set up
We're talking theology and the philosophy of religion. We're assuming there's an all-good god. The problem of evil doesn't exist in atheism, so it's not worth addressing—that's more of something for psychologists to worry about (and make up campy German words to ''explain'' in very long and ambiguously worded books).

>Argument 1
1. There's an all-good, omnipotent etc god
2. We see that evil exists
3. Evil is actually just the lack of good.
4. Thus there's no "problem of evil," there's just a lack of good.
imo this is a stupid argument

>Argument 2
1. There's an all-good, omnipotent etc god
2. We see that evil exists
3. God is good, evil is bad
4. But in order for "good" to exist as a concept, its deficit or antonym must exist as well. Analogue: You have no need for the word "pink" in a world where everything is pink.
5. Therefore by having a good god you have need of evil at least as a concept. Ie. An omnipotent god which is also good creates the possibility of evil from the get-go.
imo, this one's alright. It's not airtight, but it's an amusing inversion of pop-religion bullshit.

>Argument 3
1. god etc
2. evil etc
3. If god made you inherently good, that'd be like making you inherently a redhead or something. If it's just a property of the object, it has no moral value. You can make a gun, a hammer, or a chocolate soufflé. These don't have moral properties, but they're used in carrying out a(n im)moral action.
4. So god makes you a "blank slate". You must learn to do good. God allows evil to exist so he can cultivate good people.
But this doesn't do much about the "no mysterious ways" thing. It'd certainly make life easier if "good" didn't exist and everyone just did what they were fuckin supposed to.

No wonder you don't understand
you keep reducing the arguments provided to green text instead of tying to understand them
You don't even entertain the though
That or you are just a stupid shitposter

He did just that once
Gave humans literally everything they could ever need and a life without suffering
You know what they did?
They still sinned

whoever could have seen that coming
some guy with omniscience probably

>problems of theism

Who would've thunk a 4000 year old myth is not logically consistent.

>make fallible man
>FUCK YOU WHY ARE YOU SO FALLIBLE
okay sure, why not

Pantheism. God is not a conscious distinct entity with a sense of right or wrong.

Instead of intervening in the world and stealing our responsibility, he reserves justice for the next life.

Evil is sadistic behavior.

Why would you kill someone in front of their family?
To get off on their pain

Why would you steal from someone and you dont even need the stuff?
To get off on their pain

Why would you lie and control people like puppets?
To get off their emotional pain of being used

Evil people are humans that are overly sadistic to an extreme extent thats why in fiction most evil people will laugh at people or things in pain because that is the fundamental truth behind evil behavior sadistic intent. In our world psychopaths can act evil because they have no consience keeping that OOK OOK EEP EEP monkey in their brains in check so they become serial killers, lawyers, or basically work for positions where they can either physically or mentally torment people for their pleasure thast why so psychos like to be leaders because they can torture you to their heart's content once they are in charge. In contrast a good person is an overly altruistic human someone who always helps even if it doesnt benefit them .

Evil-Sadistic intent
Good-Altruistic intent

Would you rather he never made you and just avoided the endeavor because he knew you would be fedoras

Evil is an absence and a negation, evil is impotent and has no power but that which we let it extort from us.

evil is choice and conscious identification with error

There is no free will, only causality. However, within causality, humans have the innate volition that they are above causality.
God is another word for causality. God is not working for the benefit of anyone, just as causality does not have sentience.
Causality has no plan, only laws.
There is no such thing as evil, only the negative value we collectively attribute to it which destroys societies.

>human life is literally nothing compared to eternity
>in heaven we won't even remember this life
>God cares more about virtue than how cushy your life is, since he has prepared eternal bliss for us
>much suffering is needlessly caused by the evils of men
>sin has impeded the progress of science, which allows us to reduce our suffering
>God allowed evil so he could show us what happens if we don't choose him - that is to say, as God is the source of all that is good and comely, if we choose to be hostile to that fount of bliss then we must face the consequences

This just confirms it. You theistic fucks all lack empathy. If God could have prevented even the slighest excess pain but didn't do it he is not worthy of praise or respect.

The objective truth has nothing to do with feels and your ability to feel them.

>objective truth

Kek.

My perspective is literally the only thing on the planet that actually matters.

My theory is that god isn't Omani-benevolent and thus has no stake or reason in making the world good or just.

that we have to make ourselves.

Not understanding how monotheism works this hard.

God does not exist in the conventional sense. He is. Hard to explain but God is bound by neither space not time. Is complex yo.

As a born again Christian, my sufferings on this earth are as nothing compared to the glory I will enjoy in heaven.

As a non-Christian, your sufferings on this earth are as nothing compared to the sufferings you will experience in hell.

>natural catastrophes

Not evil.

5.9 million children enter into the gates of heaven. Billions of angels rejoice.

You have a perspective problem.

Because god can only manifest 2 of the 3 glories at one time. (perfectly good, all knowing, all powerful)

God exists beyond time and space, so it is that that he has 4 faces and wears 4 masks, and it is only when the veil is lifted that we truly know his glory.

all suffering is an illusion brought about by the self. What we think of as pain is actually the joy of our higher selves, we suffer to bring glory into this world.

If you forego your daily bread to feed another, a part of you rejoices. That part of you is the only thing thats real.

If you're so concerned with the "needless suffering" of others, then why aren't you doing anything to assuage it?

Because we are all unworthy pieces of shit. Life lost inherent meaning after the cunt ate an apple.

Except this didn't happen, ever.

>why does your asshole of a god allow people to suffer needlessly

why shouldn't he?

/thread
you need to VIBRATE HIGHER

So God is punishing you for something some random cunt did thousands of years ago, when you weren't even born? Wew.

>People who suffer aren't trying hard enough to escape their material prison, and indeed will continue to suffer endlessly until they do.
Oh, like the children in Africa that are starving to death? I see.

Yes, if the parents of the Africans didn't have children they couldn't support they wouldn't have been born to die.

there is no such thing as evil

It's a reasonable question user. Now from the scripture below we see that he's fair regardless. As a God/Creator who sits the highest above His creation, this is what it takes to be truly fair and truly merciful to all.

But as for being exposed to the evil itself, who knows. Maybe we're subjected to it for all the men who claim they are gods and the creators of gods. If you were truly meant to be exalted above all, defeat evil.

Maybe this is all just one massive testimony, to the fact we can't handle such a life, knowing good and evil effectively. Maybe it's meant to humble all of us.

After all, we are the creation. Not the creator. We were born and woke up on something that was already made, limitless creation, especially if you consider the concept of dimensions where there's physical space for even more matter.

The least we could do is take heed to the wisdom of love and forgiveness. Exercising temperance instead of panic and hording, in the fact of death. Death which can cause some to panic, to the extent of the individual attempting to satisfy every fleshy desire, even if it's at the expense of another......as if at our moment of death, we won't yet again be dwelling in another place that was made before us.

So why look at death as an end and a reason to throw caution to the wind and refuse to exercise some sense of self control?

When it's all over it will feel like a brief moment of time in relation to the ever lasting. Why spend that brief time hurting others?

Mathew 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Truly fair and merciful, given our terrible situation where evil is lurking among us.

Here's an easy way to care about any religion. Simply ask them to prove it. Don't try to make them disprove your thing about disproving their thing. Youre shifting the burden of proof when it's clearly on the religious people. Any evidence they have for religion is guaranteed to be post hoc, so you really can't lose.

Not to care*

What about bone cancer in infants? Or microcephaly?

You ought to take responsibility for having weak genes.