Eth team decided to do soft fork to take back the stolen $$$ ~60 Millions

eth team decided to do soft fork to take back the stolen $$$ ~60 Millions

eth price plummets? wut? it has to be the best time to buy in.

I'm about to sell all my eth, should I do it?
I've only lost around 10% now.

FUCK OFF ETH KEKS STOP SHILLING ON MY Veeky Forums REEEEEEEE

they decided to soft fork to try to blacklist and lock the dao theft account. there are lots of problems and complications with it so now people are predicting a hard fork fix option to actually take the money back.

this is not only bad for the immediate consequences of increasing the supply but also the future implications of them having so much power to do this and how governments and banks will want to use it and the fact that that is the option that bails out the dao holders when so many of the highest investors are tied in some kinda way to the eth development team...

i dont think it's going lower than 9.98usd. but you should've moved all that eth to SC 2 hours ago. it may continue to drop with speculator sentiment so low in the wake of all these events and the newfound twitter silence from eth authorities.

it is a brilliant and exciting project for the future but for now, it is a shit show.

I'm on Kraken, quite new to this. Would it be too late to move to SC by the time my deposit would be done?

thanks for clearing it up, will buy when it hits €9~ again :)

Fuck it. Sold at 10.76. Loss from 12.55. Hoping it'll go down even more. Not an extreme loss yet.

when do you think SC will actually start moving?

mfw sold my eth 4 days ago

I have absolutely no idea. Know hardly nothing about it, nor how to get it. I guess I'd have to buy BC on Kraken then deposit that to another exchange trading SC, right?

It's going up again, this is killing me. Went from 1110 Euro to 951. What do? Think it'll leak down even more?

Short term consequence of the hard fork is an increase in supply as everyone liquidates their theDAO positions.

Long term consequences are not fully understood; hard fork is certainly not good for the platform, but so long as devs learn their lesson and stop pushing interventionist policies, I'm comfortable exchanging for BTC now and continuing to mine.

The current state of the platform is a shit show, for sure, though. Too much intervention and bullshit fraud prevention tactics. theDAO was fucked from the get-go, as soon as it got so much attention the devs had to know it was going to be a prime target for hacks, and yet they did nothing to shore up security of the smart contract.

What a shame.

yeah. i recommend poloniex, it seems to be the most legitimate exchange available right now.

Currently setting up to try mining. Am I too late for it to be worth it? And how long should downloading this blockchain take? It feels like forever.

Great, so buy btc on Kraken, deposit it to Pol and then buy... XEM or SC? Any input?

exactly. XEM is still a great buy, its probably going to continue rising for a while. SC just tweeted whey'll be releasing v1.0 of their platform in a couple hours so that will likely be rising soon too. NXT is doing great as well, i don't think you could go wrong with any of them

Very nice, I'm on my way depositing onto Poloniex right now.

What? Vlad and others placed a moratorium on the dao and claimed things had gotten out of hand like a week before the hack

Personally, I think tons of people fucked up here. The leaders should have shut this thing down before it got close to 5% of supply. This hack would have been so much worse if the hacker had been able to fully get his hands on the ETH and then launder it through tons of accounts and exchanges. If they had done a rollback, absolutely everyone would be pissed and ETH may have died. They got very lucky. Stephan Tual needs to stop talking for a while. What him and slock.it did was extremely reckless. He is a retard and by extension so is his team for not stopping him. Vitalik did not complain loudly enough about the obvious risks which is why he only put 0.3% of his holdings in. I put nothing in. The vast majority of DTHs were retards and I bet a bunch of people here got burned.

This whole thing is annoying on so many levels. It's a big distraction for the people who are doing productive work like maker, the foundation and ethcore.

How long do bitcoin deposits usually take?
I decided to transfer directly from Kraken to Poloniex, what sort of time window can I expect?
I used the instant-bitcoin feature on Kraken by the way.

Cope

What they should have done is had a much smaller fundraising for the dao, recognizing that it was extremely experimental, and not attaching this behemoth to the entire ethereum system.

Still hoping someone might be willing to answer me here.

Downloading the blockchain takes forever, yeah.

Thanks. And is it still worth it, or has it been mined to the point of uselessness for individuals?

you can get btc onto an exchange within a few minutes. but oftentimes us bank (for example) to btc in your wallet takes up to 5 days.

but there are lots of ways to buy and acquire btc. if you can get it to an exchange in the next couple of hours i say go for it. if it takes a week, i have no idea what will happen but that does seem like a much smaller opportunity than tonight's SC

I agree that the dao was fucked from the beginning. if ether was legal currency, it would've definitely been an illegal securites offering. One major reason things like that are illegal unless you are an approved and regulated firm is consumer protections. SEC woulda been on their ass sooner than later anyway.

yeah. they even had their code "audited". i'm out of eth for right now even though i believe in the decentralized world computer concept and think it's about the coolest thing i've heard in recent years.

Just gotta load up on sia coin for tonight and hope for the best.

I see, thanks man! I just got the deposit finished, put it all into SC.

Rubbing hands intensely.

usually takes ~10 minutes.

hopefully you got it at a good enough price or that you can have the patience to hold it through the main jump later with the official announcement at least. but there is heavy resistance on polo around .0000150 btc. any lower than that, and you're probably in alright enough to be safe. but if you get scared and start selling, that will drive the price down and make other people sell. but just keep an eye on it and do what you think is best.

Decentralized currencies, anonymous , and free

guess not

even fiat isnt that bullshit

they should of just taken the hit and moved on

perhaps tracked down the hacker, but no they pussied out ethcucks

The soft fork has a dos vulnerability.
XEM and NXT both look to be stagnating right now.
SC I'm holding a lot of in the mid term at least and I do like the concept.

Just in time to buy into TRUMP.