Is working at a call center fulltime to save money for university a good or bad idea?

Is working at a call center fulltime to save money for university a good or bad idea?

I realize it's a job, and I'm in no position to tell you to turn turn money if its best means of making it, but ....

Fuck you if you do this. Fuck you, fuck your mom, fuck your dad, and fuck your little sister. Fuck your dog, your cat, and your goldfish. Fuck your unborn children too.

Whoa did an alpha callcenter employee fuck your dad or something? Why are you so angry?

how old are you? do you actually have other options?

>alpha callcenter employee
kek

What are you going to university for?

GI Bill might be a better way.

Womens studies

Bump

Depends. If you're cold calling it sucks. If you're taking flight reservations or insurance claims all day it's not great but it pays and if you have an end game in sight, which you do, there are worse ways to make a living.

It's not the best job in the world, but its by no means the worst either.

It's fairly mindless, but not mindless enough that you can turn off and just go through the motions. Depending on how busy you are, you can also be talking for 8 hours straight. Which doesnt sound so bad, until you do it.

xD

I hope you're joking

SHOULD I DO IT OR NOT LADS

is outbound callcewnter work worth it?

Depends. Is spending 8+ hours a day having the phone put down on you, people telling you to fuck off or trying to sell 87 year old ladies a new broadband package (and they'll keep talking and tell you their life stories because they're bored and lonely) worth the amount of money they are paying you?

It's a collection agency callcenter.

And yes I don't think 8 hours a day in an airconditioned room, making a bit more than minimum wage, in a comfy chair talking to people all day can be that bad.

Compared to most people's alternatives saving up for University it's not half bad.

Forgot to mention, every move you make being recorded, having people listen in to your calls and play them back to you when something goes wrong or even right, but not right enough for your managers liking.

Also targets. Lots of targets.

depends how much you are getting paid. If it's less than 11$/hr then I would try to find a different job. Off the top of my head the Apple Store and whole foods both start over 11/hr

Come back and give us a review after you've spent so much time talking, your throat is raw and you've given yourself mouth ulcers and 95% of calls ended with the other guy telling you that you are scum and human garbage.

> collection agency

Oh fuck skimmed this bit. Expect to be aggressively told to fuck yourself all day, for every single day. And if you answer back or raise your voice YOU are at fault and in the managers office.

as opposed to what? being unemployed and earning no income to help pay for school? i think it's better to be making money, if the pay is good then work there, if you don't like it then keep searching and applying for other jobs.

Dude that doesn't sound as bad as most jobs honestly.

What other job is better at this stage? They all suck irredeemably. I think I can make this one work like just playing out the different scenarios of calling people in my head.

I've done exactly this, wasn't that bad considering the alternative for someone with only a HS education and no experience. Work retail and deal with assholes face to face, or chill in an office and deal with assholes on the phone. After a while you dont even get mad at the people anymore, it just becomes noise. Hours are usually nice and flexible too since you generally work when normies don't work so you can get in touch with them. I used to work 1pm-9pm, GOAT for taking morning classes or sleeping in and late night Veeky Forums shitposting

Trueee man.

it's a collection agency, any advice? I think my plan is to just use this oppertunity to practice being as professional as possible. If someone deadbeat faggot calls me a "dirty nigger" I'm just going to keep with the "Sir, I'm just trying to help you resolve your debt issues. i understand it's a stressful time for you but if you would just cooperate we can assist you"

i did this for some yars and hten went to get a job as a tech support type... for another 3 or 4 years. i was a working poor, that is have no time on my own for the privilege of being poor. good stuff. at least at my tech job i could slack online, and its a bad habit i have to this day. also i am now permanently allergic to ringing phones. in retrospect i should have tried a light but physical job: i would have need to step out of my autistic zone but it would have been marginally better. maybe. i did a bit of that too and i couldnt stand chad banter , such empty shitheads.

Haha oh man Im convinced I've been called every horrible name there is, including racist stuff even though you can clearly tell I'm a nerdy white guy on the phone.

Advice would be to always keep your cool when dealing with people (some calls are monitored obv) and sometimes it can seriously be fun, like if someone answers the phone mad as hell you still have to go through your script and ask him for money multiple times, so you're just super calm asking for money and the dude is legit losing his mind, it's like you're getting paid to be a troll. And if they're especially rude then you have their cell# so send em some cat facts

>like if someone answers the phone mad as hell you still have to go through your script and ask him for money multiple times, so you're just super calm asking for money and the dude is legit losing his mind, it's like you're getting paid to be a troll

Yeah dude that's what I've done before in another job. It's pretty funny honestly when someone is yelling at you and you're just smiling back at them and saying the cliche script and repeating "Sir, I'm going to need you to calm down. Sir... Sir I'm going to need you calm down"

OK FUCK IT GUYS.

I think I'm going to start working there. I've weighed the pros and cons and it doesn't seem half bad.

For every one of those scenarios, replace whatever you are thinking of with the words "FUCK OFF CUNT" and the phone being slammed down.

Go for it, but it's going to suuuuck...

I just recently quit after working in a call center for a tech company.....Pay was $12 an hour plus incentives. I felt it was fair for what we did (sit in an air conditioning room on your ass all day and talk to technologically illiterate people )

Be cautious if you have any drive or ambition though......Maybe it's just me, but the super repetitious sitting on your ass really kills that. Also, normies.You'l work with a ton of useless boring people. Why I got out

underwater feminist basket weaving

Depends on if you're being paid a commision or wage. If commission ~ yes. Wage no