Armour and Uniforms Thread Edition II

Post your favorite armours and/or uniforms from any time and place in history, also, feel free to write facts and/ or the history of the armour you are posting.

Other urls found in this thread:

onmarkproductions.com/html/kitchen-gods.html
mediafire.com/folder/c3bswmt3eo863/Osprey
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last thread

Those maks are scary, what's the deal with them?

A conquistador account describes that the faces were inside the jaws of the animals, as if the men were being devoured.

Some time ago some user posted a link to a shitload of osprey books, I wonder if anyone here would have such a thing?

Alexios was so well armoured that he survived six Norman lance stabs. The first three came from the left side and nearly pushed him of his horse but then three lance stabs from the right pushed him back in the saddle upon which his horse bolted.

His daughter Anna describes this in the Alexiad.

Cool sabatons, must've been inpractical to fight in though.

I really dig Ukrainian Sich Riflemen look, especially the caps.

Directorate period is fine too, though it was basically English uniform.

onmarkproductions.com/html/kitchen-gods.html

the long pointy end was only used when mountet, when dissmountet they would remove the long tips

I dumped a bunch of shit on the last thread, I guess I can go again.

i wish people would stop posting this because it's not accurate at all

This'll be the last I post for today. Decided to post a different part of my pic collection than last time.

>Soviet armor vests of medals

fucking furries I swear

kek

Granted their perception of nature and war was pretty weird, some other ranks and orders wore butterfly and "star-demon" suits.

>on shoulder plate
>it's on the left shoulder
>completely ruining the wearers balance

mediafire.com/folder/c3bswmt3eo863/Osprey
Got you covered

Forever will I praise your soul.

maybe the right one didn't survive the ravages of time?

I fucking love red sea marines.

Bonus trivia; the rifle the marine is holding is a SVT-40, which was considered a rifle meant for elite troops. So you know this man means business.

Doesn't the shield arm need extra protection?

by the time plate armor was huge, shields weren't used except for bucklers, but those were for the footsoldiers wearing jack chains

Is there a reason the crotch is unprotected? Is it because the armor is meant for cavalry?

Interesting

I didn't know the Soviets had marines in the red sea. Pretty sneaky.

Codpieces weren't exactly common until the 16th century. The vast majority of plate armour I've seen does not come with a separate piece to protect the groin, forcing its wearer to rely on mail instead. There probably was a good reason for it, likely because you can't really ride well wearing groin protection.

Are drawnings really welcome?

Offcourse they are!

Drawning are welcome in this general if they depict the context of this general, just don't post those "edgy lone knight" stuff, if you understand what i mean.

I will dump some portuguese king's uniforms

Portuguese caçadores

I will keep dumping some quality art.

That's all for now.

M8 i got to meet some russians from odessa back at the docks today. They couldnt stop talking about how their ancestors were trapped before "Black death" came back to kick the romanians in their tin asses.

Speaking of Ukrainian cities, do ad-hoc armors from the riots a couple years back count?

bumping the thread

war elephant with barding + tower

Baums are a semi-well-known family dynasty. Here is my crest. This one is just for engravings like on wood or metal, it's not the official one.

Tree Knights

Nobles and Knights were also the smart people.

> From any time and place IN HISTORY

>Thinking a shoulder plate weighs enough to off balance someone
are you 10

Pacific Northwest natives made armor out of wooden planks, bound reeds, and sometimes bone and ivory.

The great helm is a favorite of mine, so imposing

Early and late roman armor was snazzy as fuck

>Kalispera, fílos. Admiring my headdress?

do you even lift?

I understand that techicaly samurai armour is inferior to European designs of the same time periods.

But they were designed to protect from different types of weapons.

Anyway, i like the aesthetics of Japanese armour, its just got the right blend of, authority, cool looks, and the
"ill fucking murder you and your entire family if you disrespect me vibe"

Damn that's pretty sweet. Apparently his armor was a bit ahead of his time, because lance attacks would absolutely punch through any mail you can see the normans in the background wearing, which all of western europe wore in battle too

elaborate

those pauldrons (which look like a regular set of pauldron lames with a spaulder on top for some reason) didn't exist, that poleaxe head is just too large, those gauntlets are pure fantasy, the tassets are useless since they're barely even hanging off the fauld, which looks to be too low anyway, and this is just me nitpicking but that gaudy sword looks like a plastic toy you'd find at Toys R' Us
i don't think i'd date armor like that to as late as 1500