Can this people claim the heritage of the ancient macedonians? Whats going on here?

Can this people claim the heritage of the ancient macedonians? Whats going on here?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs#Assimilation
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE WUZ KANGS: the country

Nope. The ancient Macedonians were Greek.They should change their fucking name. Basically they're random yugoslavs who were conquered by other countries like Serbia and Bulgaria. After WW2 they were born as a country as a part of Yugoslavia. Tito separated them from Serbia named them Macedonians.

THIS

Alexander the Great was Macedonian

>Nope. The ancient Macedonians were Greek.

technically wrong, but the current inhabitants FYRM have zero claim to ancient Macedonian heritage

They have as much claim as the greeks do.

That is to say, none whatsoever.

Both countries contain land that was historical Macedonia however.

Funny-speaking Bulgarians used by Tito in the hopes of claiming Greek Macedonia.

The Slavomaks actually believed him, the absolute madmen!

Modern Greeks and Macedonians are the same exact people as the ancients of course they have the claim. People are the same as their descendants

>exact people as the ancients
then why do they speak slavic language?

The Slavic settlements of the 6th century didn't displace the native Hellenic or Balkan populations, but assimilated a significant portion of them into the Slavic culture/language.

In essence, they are Slavified Greeks and Illyrians. Similar to how modern Turks are Turkified and Islamified Anatolians and Greeks.

so they arent "exact same people"

Genetically, they're almost the same; just add a drop or two of Slavic blood.

Linguistically and culturally, no they're not.

>The Slavic settlements of the 6th century didn't displace the native Hellenic or Balkan populations
[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavs#Assimilation

And an excerpt from "The Balkans in World History" by Andrew Barch Wachtel, p.31.

>"Having exhausted the available plunder, they settled down and began to farm [...] And yet, it is difficult to imagine that there could have been enough Slavs north of the Danube at the beginning of their invasions to populate the entire region. Presumably, the Slavs assimilated many of the local inhabitants, especially in the more fertile areas where their farming settlements were congregated The fact that the Slavs quickly adopted techniques in metalworking and architecture that had been typical of earlier settlers in the region is one strong indication that they mixed with and absorbed the local populations rather than killing or expelling them"

The Balkan Slavs did the same thing to the Bulgars, assimilating those numerically inferior Turkic warriors and laying the groundwork for the modern Bulgarian nation. Conversely, Slavic populations in modern Hungary and Romania gradually assimilated into those respective nations.

>Turkic
I'm not saying that's false, but I'm also not saying it's true. This is the communist theory. Some modern historians argue they were Indo-Europeans. I don't think historical resources will help us finding out what proto-bulgars were, I'm more inclined to wait for proper genetic studies.

Also, Macedonia is Bulgarian. Tri moreta. 1300 godini chest i slava, and so on, and so on.

t.

They do have some crossover territory with ancient Macedonian but the population are quite different.

Normally yes but these people have essentially had 2000 years of various foreign occupations and invasions since ancient times, the original people will be quite diluted.

>implying slavs settlers met ancient macedonians in 6th century

True, I labeled them as Turkic because it's the most convenient label for them at the moment until something better comes along.

>Macedonia is Bulgarian
t. Ferdinand I

True.

>implying I even mentioned ancient macedonians
wew lad

i said tri moreta
feck off

Macedonia will literally become a superpower and only refrain from assimilating you out of all the balkans, just so we can laugh at you from a distance.
We will be kangs
Sashko signing off

unless you get assimilated by albanians. godspeed