There is no judgement after death

>there is no judgement after death
>there is not even something after death
>the greatest monster and the greatest saint both share the same fate

It's just not fucking fair. How do you deal with it atheists?

if you could live your life again in full, exactly as you already have. Would you?
If the answer is no, live your life in such a way that it'd be so. If yes; you have the answer to your questions. It's how Nietzsche dealt with it.

That's why we have to make sure to make THIS world a living hell for all the monsters out there!

But this is wrong user. Make no mistake; the Lord will repay all men according to their deeds.

Sorry user, I don't believe in wishful thinking.

>wishful thinking

Neither do I user. The secular mindset is at odds with reason. Why live a virtuous life? The amount of mental gymnastics the secular man must go through to answer this question is astounding. The fact of the matter is, virtue is written on our souls, yet we cannot fully acknowledge it without also acknowledging the Lord. The must natural way to live is to implicitly believe in your creator. To deny him is to deny all that is good, which is not rational at all.

Accept that life isn't fair

Christians can't know how anyone will be judged (including themselves), so it doesn't really offer anything in the department you're looking for.

True, yet we know there are saints in heaven. More than that, we have confidence in the mercies of Christ, who died to atone for our sins.

>letting evil people get away with evil shit for their entire lives because you have blind faith that magic sky daddy will punish them after theyre dead

[citation needed]

If there is no god then there is no objective good and evil. If no objective good and evil, no monsters and saints.

It's like this user said the only reason you cry against injustice it's because it's written in your soul, by God, you can't objectively prove it.

There is a God.

Life isn't fair, also it's petty to wish for vengeance on people beyond the grave.

>objectively prove something subjective

>implicitly
Oh great, it's another Christfag goalpost-moving thread.

>assuming there is no reason to be a socially well adjusted human being without also being a specific cultist and believe in specific magic
>defining goodness by obeying their specific cult leaders and considering any other human behavior to be "evil"

Why are Christians such sociopaths?

Each and every time I see the absolute stupidest shit about Christianity it's from you.

Every single time.

John 6:28-29.

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”
Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

John 3:16, confirming that belief in the Son is the one and only requirement for salvation.

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

“For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:38-40)

John 10:28-30. “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”

If you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory. (Ephesians 1:13-14)

2 Cor. 1:21-22. Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

SO
YOU
CAN
KNOW

Wow, you're just as dim as she is.

It's almost as if real life was grimdark as fuck or something.

>Each and every time I see the absolute stupidest shit about Christianity it's from you.
You should see the Creationist guy.

christianity is much more grimdark tbhq

>only to options of afterlife, the bad one is literally eternal torture
>only people who believe in the correct form of christianity can go to haeven.
>apart from a small minority, most people who have ever born are going to hell to suffer for ever

that's some wh40k shit there. worst even, in warhammer, your soul at least just goes to the warp, gets eaten by daemons and that's it, no eternal suffering.

Do you have any proof to back that up?

Even in heaven, God mindrapes you into a comatose potato with no shred of your former personality, tastes, or habits.

Not to mention you are stuck with the guy who considers jacking off a crime for all eternity so I bet heaven would be as fun as watching the paint dry.

>he doesn't realize that the whole point of earthly life is to prepare for the eternal one

There doesn't seem to be any mechanism that preserves or transfers the mind after the death of the physical body, therefor it's reasonable to assume there is no afterlife.

Repent you atheists, lest you should suffer hell's torments!

They lack god in their souls.

The guy who posts Jack Chick cartoons? He's my favorite guy here!

Or the guy who debunks evolution, a fad joke that's dying out?

Or the guy who says he's a Christian, and actually believes the bible literally?

'Cause that would be me.

>The most joy in life comes from masturbation.

That may be the saddest post ever.

Probably more like their indoctrination reinforces tribalism at a critical age of development so they become mentally and socially stunted.

Your ignorance is a solid basis from which to make conclusions?

In the face of divine revelation?

What kind of a nut are you?

>debunks evolution
kek

it is, but can you really fault people for fucking it up?

>God sets the rules so that you can only go to heaven if you believe the one correct religion, everyone else goes to hell.
>God just tells some random primitive people in the middle east to spread the faith and dictates them some books only in their language. they also do some miracles that can't be verified at all.
>of course they can't spread the faith everywhere, so most people never hear about the one true religion.
>due to the previous points, other religions are just as convincing as christianity, and most people chose to follow the faith they grew up in.
>due to translation errors and the development in language, God's word is misinterpreted all the time, leading to a creation of many new sects.
>God knew all of this in advance, since he is omniscient.
>somehow it's not God's fault that most people go to hell.

Fucking is forbidden as well so that's a shit god.

It's stupid to use religious myths as varbatim "facts" for any physical process, sorry. It would be irresponsible in the extreme in any academic field.

Makes this life more special, because I only have one chance to live it. Only one chance to be a good person and leave a positive mark on the world. One shot, there is no one else here to save me or tell me what's right or wrong, I have to be accountable for my own decisions and morals.

how does any activity not get boring after infinity? This is a stupid philosophy

>>placing trust in the hearts of men

whew lad

How does it feel being in your 20s and still thinking religion is just le masturbation is bad XDDD you fucking child?

Calm down it was just a prank bro.
Besides religion has way worst shit than just God watching your peepee.

I assume that you wouldn't remember your previous lives, only the fact that you lived them

>Why live a virtuous life?
Because it's good

>judging God
there's your problem

I know I couldn't possibly prove it, but most of the world's biggest villains and scumbags seem to have either led rather tortured existences as a result of their scumbaggery or became scumbags as a result of tortuous experiences. Greedy corrupt scumbags will never be happy and will always want more, racists (and other types of people who assign different value to humans according to some arbitrary standard such as classist snobs) have the angst of never being white, rich, or "whatever" enough. Murderers, rapists etc are usually either haunted by their actions or are deeply mentally ill. Many of the most "evil" people in the world are also victims of all sorts of abuse early on in their life or have lived through other similarly bad circumstances. Furthermore, people who are so far detached from humanity that they cannot feel compassion or empathy enough to not harm everyone else, will also never really feel the joys that come with being human, such as love, true friendship, the satisfaction of having accomplished something honestly etc.

it's a theoretical question that boils down to "are you happy with your life? No? change that"
it's about celebrating both the joys and sorrows of life, learn to be a pseudo-intellectual like me you faggot

Already live that. It's called being born in Singapore.

They don't care. Also after you die, bored pathologists make fun of your dick.

Nearing death, King Agesilaus of Sparta was asked if he wanted a statue erected in his honor. He declined, saying; "If I have done anything noble, that is a sufficient memorial; if I have not, all the statues in the world will not preserve my memory."

this line of thinking ("lol just live life how you want to XD") doesn't work for people who are legitimately disabled or starving African-tier poor.

>the greatest monster and the greatest saint both share the same fate

And how is that a bad thing?

>>the greatest monster and the greatest saint both share the same fate

But this is true of Christianity too, provided said monster is "saved" while on death row.

Bong

Christianity is actually even worse than this, since according to them, Hitler is chilling in Heaven while the Jews he condemned to death are roasting in the lake of fire.

>since according to them

Who's them? "Christians"? Or "my really skewed made up idea of what Christians probably think based on a few nutjob American baptist sects"? Do you actually think so?

Their fault for being born too weak to protect their property

I don't mind pepes but people who still post wojak deserve to be shot

>Do you actually think so?

Hitler was a Catholic, Jews aren't. Unless Christians have all become Universalists since I last looked, don't they claim that only thru Jesus is salvation possible?

>implying that fedorafag's beloved scientists dont use "wishful thinking" as they try and discover something new.

What I find more amazing is the way people live.
Me, a person that is gonna live at best around 80 years, am spending my time browsing an "internet imageboard" and looking at all sorts of silly pictures.
I find it amazing that despite life being pretty short(especially now that we know the universe is so old) I and many others spend their time on browsing through shitty memes online or watching tv and movies or looking at paintings..
It seems surreal sometimes.

You finally realised life is meaningless
>inb4 but we have to come up with the meaning ourselves!

such as? I'm yet to meet anyone who knows what meaning of his life is.

>muh answer to an entire person's life
Meaning in what sense? Your position within society? Your position with your family structure? your influence on others? How your descisions effected the people and world around you?
You are born with meaning. Meaning as your place within reality.
Asking about meaning of one's CAN BE a symptom of a bored individual.
On the other hand, if the purpose of the question is to judge your course in life to see if you want to chnage it after making certain realizations then it is a welcome thing.

I deal with it by not being a massive fag. If there is no afterlife, just deal with it. Grow up. Live your life as you want so that you can enjoy it to the best of your ability. It is our moral obligation to be happy. Find peace in not living after death, and get on with life.

I deal with it like Diogenes did.

get you some aristotle my nigga
if you were a knife, you would find a meaning and satisfaction in fulfilling your great slicing potential, but as men we must discern that our greatest potential is not in slicing, or merely moving, but the cultivation and cognition of thoughts. the search for meaning, the creation of meaning, the destruction and reformation of meaning - that IS the meaning.

Catholics believe that it requires faith and good works to attain salvation. It's protestants who believe in sola fide doctrines. I'm also pretty sure Hitler didn't confess his sins to a priest and get last rites before he committed suicide (one of the gravest sins itself), so even in his own beliefs he's going to hell.

The common response of "just do what you enjoy lel" isn't untrue, but I think it's a great understatement of what actually ought to happen in a healthy, ultimately satisfying life. Heroin feels good, so do plenty of other objectively dissatisfying things, and since antiquity it was obvious that some pleasures were greater than others, and that even with all the drugs, food, music and ass in the world you'd sooner or later feel an inner striving towards something greater - the cognitive - if you were anything but the most base and vegetative form of human being. A pig more than a man. There is, of course, a reason why we as a species have evolved to be cognitive beings, and not brainless meat-mountains bestowed with glittering sexual organs sufficient to squirt a gonad's equivalent cocktail of meth and heroin into our body on the daily. Enjoying yourself is important, but a healthy and well-rounded person must ascend through a hierarchy and realize that cognition (or spirituality for some) is the terminus of satisfaction.

The metaphor I chose is a kind of crude, perverse one, but I think it's sympathetic at the basic level a lot of people don't want to acknowledge. Nietzsche, the absolute madman, naturally describes this at length. The Last Man is the man who takes comforts over the striving, meaning-reshaping, cognitive quest, with its many discomforts, hardships and challenges. Getting a blowjob and eating a steak is easier than forming, fanning, and shifting the flames which illuminate your worldview over and over again.

>"We have discovered happiness" -- say the Last Men, and they blink.

I find it convenient to use the common Hindu Trimurti to illustrate the concept. Utmost of their varied pantheon are the deities Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva; Creator, Preserver, and Destroyer, respectively. They are necessary and essential for any iteration of the universe, any iteration of human life. This works well on the echo of Hinduism passing through Schoppy to Friedrich, who I find an absolute delight for their experiment of eternal recurrence, more akin to the cyclical time of the Hindus than the Christian, linear or geometric view culminating in Heaven's perfect stasis:

>What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this spider and this moonlight between the trees, and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, speck of dust!"
>Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to life to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?

:

Why would you WANT to be judged for literally everything you do?

If life is meaningless then why do you continue to live?

Can someone please explain this line of reasoning to me? Why would a lack of meaning make life not worth living?
I like to live, I can experience things, achieve things, learn things, feel satisfaction, joy, etc. Why would I not want to live?

>he actually believes this is the scientific method

>being an uncritical sheep
That's your problem.

>I like to live, I can experience things, achieve things, learn things, feel satisfaction, joy, etc

There's your meaning, pal. Clearly life has meaning.

I suppose you could say that, but it's a made up one regardless. Life itself doesn't have an intrinsic meaning to it.