What do you think of Jung and Freud?

What do you think of Jung and Freud?

While both certainly have their divergent paths of thought, each man has ideas worth engaging, whether you agree or disagree.

Both are crackpots and massively overrated by popular imagination.

>Freud
more like FRAUD

This is what his thinks of the creators of modern marketing, propaganda and education.

>hurr fuck your mum oedip

Read a book.

Notice I didn't even mention their influence in psychology.

>hurr psychology dind du nuffin

I read a very small amount of Freud's intro to psychoanalysis. I've been meaning to pick it up again, but simply have too long of a reading list.

What very little I did read of it sounded interesting and not without basis.

I've never read anything directly from Jung, but I very much like his conception of Platonic forms and gods as psychological constructs. This is partially because that's the conclusion I came to on my own (at least with gods, as it was my driving force for taking up an interest in European polytheism; feeling that the old gods could make a good basis for a useful set of psychological archetypes to serve as lenses to view existence through).

Well yeah, the dude clearly had issues that he projected onto others

Jung was obsessed with the occult - especially Indian culture - Hinduism, he studied it and tried to translate some concepts into occidental words and concepts, he done that trough his work - which is not to be taken seriously.

At least Freud tried to figure out something real from ground 0 and some of his idea have the potential of being into the proximity of truth + he was really smart, read his ideas and imagine how he thinks - it's pretty bad-ass.

Hahahaha.. You realize projection was an idea from him, right?

You're confusing Sigmund Freud with Eduard Barneys.

No it wasn't for none of the two - Giambattista Vico is the father of psychological projection.

That's the beauty of it- I'm using the deranged pervert's ideas to humiliate him.

Learn to play these games kid then come back to me

You were not even using his idea, the guy that's trying to prove you wrong - was actually wrong in everything he said.

I'm sure he's super humiliated

Hmm, did Freud at least support the idea of projection? Or am I just remembering pysch 101 wrong?

He had a idea that sounds like projection and you're confusing it - but no biggie - he talked about sublimation: which is the transformation of unwanted impulses into something less harmful.

Like sexual obsession ( Freud was obsessed with sexual things ) into art, poetry.

Ahh, thank you for the correction senpai.

I definitely remember his notion of mother fucking and cigars though. No one forgets that.

Barney based all he knew on freud dumbass

>
>
>
>
>

:^)

Not all - stop trying to be smart, Barney was pretty unique - read his work.

He needed his uncle psychotherapy in order to complete his work, but that's where it stops.

Dumbass, barney doesn't make sense without freud, it's literally his foundation.

Dumbass

You're just upset because you know nothing.

Dumbass

crackpots given artificial publicity by the elite because an objective investigation of psychology would make propaganda and advertizing more difficult

froggy dont plug it in thats not a good idea ur asshole is supposed to be wet with mucus