ITT: Post your favourite historical tanks

ITT: Post your favourite historical tanks

Other urls found in this thread:

operationbarbarossa.net/the-t-34-in-wwii-the-legend-vs-the-performance/
tankarchives.blogspot.com/2014/07/permanent-losses.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does the Stug count? I love Stugs.

Will married one if can make sandwich.

Why were British tanks before the Centurion so awful compared to everyone else's?

Not a tank per se, but the 38 Jagdpanzer is mai tankfu.

Hey now, the comet was pretty good

Awful might have been too harsh. Just less than wonderful.
I will admit I like the Cromwell and Comet too.

this shit is literally impenetrable in CMBB/CMAK

I don't know what those are but good. Eat an 80mm dick, tankfags.

they are most patrician vidyagaems
you plan a 60 second turn (and the ai/opponent does the same), then it executes (without any input)
shit is cash
there are newer ones but they are, dunno, lacking something

Turn-based games are for grandpas, get on my level and dl Heroes and Generals on Steam. It's free to play!

A number of reasons. Mainly doctrine (cruiser vs infantry tanks), and lack of production/technology and design experience, combined with a "pip pip worked in the great war!" attitude (The Churchill tank was originally intended to have sponsons for example) before the war.

There's a PDF of "The Great Tank Scandal" by David Fletcher going around if you want to read more. (He's a curator at Bovington so it's not just some random guy quoting Wikipedia and posts on Axishistory.net or whatever.)

I don't care if they were hardly used and had spotty performance, they were giant metal rectangles that could hold like 20 people. Closest thing to literal landships that have ever seen combat

forgot pic, lmao

M60 Patton, it's like an M48 only better.

This may not the best thing ever but I'm a fan of early/pre-war tanks

Mfw nobody puts the T34/85

Fray Bentos all day

You're a man of patrician tastes.

It wasn't that good.

Either this one or the Hetzer

Technically no, as the Stug III was an assault gun and later on a tank destroyer.
But fuck it who dosent love the Stug.

The valentine was a pretty reliable and decently armored vehicle. It just grew outdated on the western front quickly. Like most of the British tanks.

It was pretty good, and soviet tank loses weren't even that high remember, the t-34-85s did their job as they were intended to, although the tank designers should of gave the 85 version 45mm more of frontal armor.

Niice.

>soviet tank loses weren't even that high remember

operationbarbarossa.net/the-t-34-in-wwii-the-legend-vs-the-performance/

Before you shit all over this, remember that there are citations all over this.

It's a good tank but just ugly. It's like the bulldog of tanks where the Sherman is the Labrador or the Panther is a Shepard.

>Krivosheev
>osprey publishing

"scholarly citations" lol.

He also doesn't seem to mention that Soviet reporting listed tanks as "lost" even if they were just repaired or got stuck in a ditch or something.

Germans inflated the number of destroyed soviet tanks, in some cases by like 2 to 3 times.

tankarchives.blogspot.com/2014/07/permanent-losses.html

Lol. That website is run by a Russian guy who's a Stalin apologist, thinks people who play Germans in war thunder are Nazi's and writes an article every day about some obscure Soviet tanker and his "glorious" exploits.

Found the [s]vegan[/s] War Thunder nazi.

If he really is a Stalin apologist, well then I didn't know that he was, personally I'm not and will never be, but in the end neo-commies regarding historical facts tend to be more accurate and no where as delusional and psychotic as neo-nazis/wehraboos. What I dislike about wehrafags is that they always scream for sources, source for this or that or what you're saying isn't true hurrr durrr, they remind me of neo-nazis who deny testimonies of eastern european folk who've witnessed war crimes take place, and they like to think that the little men in gray uniforms were like angelic crusaders who dinfu nuffin, who needed no money for dem pogroms.

>the Red Army considered a vehicle lost even if it was repairable, including vehicles that got stuck in mud, fell off a bridge

Because they had almost no recovery vehicles until lend-lease or were in such disarray tanks were often abandoned.

>"The Great Tank Scandal" by David Fletcher
You wouldn't happen to have a working link to that, would you?

He's still a tankie who just writes stuff phrasing the red army all day.

>but in the end neo-commies regarding historical facts tend to be more accurate

Soviet scholarship required government approval until the 1990's, stop talking out of your ass.

SCP-516