Did this man have the saddest existence in history?

Did this man have the saddest existence in history?

>forced by the law and king to wear an iron mask
>forced to also wear a bag under the mask so no one can see his face
>has two guards stationed by him at all times to kill him if he ever took the mask off
>or revealed his identity
>tunneled through his prison into another cell just so he could converse with another inmate
>no one knew who he was
>it's only because he spoke to someone illegally that we know he even existed at all

Poor guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_in_the_Iron_Mask
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who dat nigga?

We dont know thats the fucking point you dumb fuck

If only there were some way, you could somehow search for an image someone had uploaded. Via some sort of triangle leading to the google image search function. If only this feature were inbuilt into Veeky Forums as a functional and working system.

If only.

if only op said he it was
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_in_the_Iron_Mask

I remember watching a documentary or something that said that he might have been a legitimate claimant to the french throne.

>he might have been a legitimate claimant to the french throne.
This seems to be the most plausible explanation given the severity of his punishment enforced by such high ups.

Who knows he could have been some peasant who raped some royalty or something though.

>Who knows he could have been some peasant who raped some royalty or something though.

He would have been executed

This punishment feels a lot more severe than a simple execution.

If he was a legitimate claimant that seemingly no one was aware of or bothered about, why didn't they just execute him?

True, but I think making a public example of him by executing him would have been more effective.

this is a good point

>more effective.
Sure, pleasurable for the victims? I doubt it.

>this is a good point
If he were it would mean he would be family to the king? Maybe the king wasn't willing to kill his relative.

likely a political prisoner he hoped to use as a tool at some point

If he took the mask off would he die?

But willing to put him isolation for decades?
I don't know, I guess it comes down to how much of a sadist he was.

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Literally yes.

>Sophia, Electress of Hanover, stating that the prisoner had "two musketeers at his side to kill him if he removed his mask".
> Dauger was also to be told that if he, Dauger, spoke of anything other than his immediate needs he would be killed, but, according to Louvois, the prisoner should not require much since he was "only a valet".

>shitty /tv/ meme
Let it end.

He doesn't sound like a big guy.

Some lil nigga

Honestly this is the one that seems likeliest to me. If he was just some other claimant to the throne, keeping him alive, even like this, just gives him a chance to either someday escape or be freed and become a threat to you. If he was someone who killed or raped some royalty, he'd have just been killed.

The only point in going to such an extreme to keep them locked up and a secret, while at the same time not just killing them, means that they might be useful to you alive some point in the future.

Griffith?

They would get a blowjob while being executed.

If I pull that off will he die?

It seems nobody cared who he was until he put on the mask, and if it was pulled off, he would die or in the very least, be in a state of extreme pain despite being a man of great stature or a big guy if you will in comparison to me and for you.

Which begs the question, was getting caught part of his plan, and if so, what's the next step of his master plan?

His plan was to get caught so he could know what they know.

Well congratulations, he got himself caught, now what's the next step of his master plan?

Crashing this Aristocracy, With no survivors.

No this can't be happening! I'm in charge here!

When did he have their permission to die?

Or maybe somebody important's lover or something who was being held as blackmail or because whoever ordered the imprisonment agreed not to kill them.

I mean it's certainly something that would fit in a tragic romance, the queen/king's (this is France after all) secret lover imprisoned for the rest of his life after the other party finds out.

>no one knew who he was

It doesn't matter who he was. What mattered is his plan.