All of these people bitching about their student loans

>All of these people bitching about their student loans
>Was smart kid who did well in school
>Had private and public universities clamoring for me to go there
>Got full rides to multiple good colleges
>Went for free
>Meanwhile all of these kids who either didn't have rich mommies and daddies or didn't take school seriously
>They go and inflate the cost of everything
>Are shocked, SHOCKED that they have to pay for it

I know that this makes me sound like an elitist faggot, but what were the rest of these fuckers thinking? College is either for the rich or the smart (or people getting their GI bill), and if you're neither then perhaps you don't belong there.

People go into college beacuse they think it's what they are ment to do.

They go "oh what do I do now" and just pick what makes them happy.

E.g. gender studies

Scholarships are for fags who try too hard. I fucked around all through high school and have continued to do so through uni. Already secured a grad job and I don't study or go to lectures. Uni is a joke and so is school in general.

>t. guy who lives on daddy's money and connections

I feel the exact same way.

Got into a few private universities, as well as full tuition (and then some) for the Honors College at my state school.

I got into NYU (top 10 program for my Major) but it was going to be 70k/year, so I went with one of my more economical options.

If I went into the process knowing I didn't have any money to spend on college, I would of applied to like Alabama or some shit. They give a full ride to every decent student.

If I wasn't a good student and didn't have money I would have busted my ass at a CC or gone the trade route.

Free college is fucking stupid and college is only unaffordable for those who don't benefit the economy with a 4 year degree.

>People go into college beacuse they think it's what they are ment to do.
this

Everyone was told in high school that college was just the next natural progression. So now you have every asshole feeling like they need a degree to get anywhere, when they probably would have been just fine going to trade school or getting a 2 year degree.

It still requires an insane lack of foresight to go 90k in debt for some obscure bullshit degree. Hell, any degree.

>this

Muh "Le Reddit Army" has approached!

Wrong. I was raised by my mother only, lower middle class. Its called having natural ability and not being a fucking sperg lord whos only redeeming feature is good grades. People skills and charisma will take you further than grades.

what? are you retarded?

So you either had your mother pay your college or are in debt and don't realize how much that debt actually is because you haven't graduated yet?

Ah, okay. I know your type kiddo. What was your business major?

You're regurgitating the old uni is pointless meme. Why would you care if other people choose shit degrees? Uni is a completely worthwhile way to increase your long term earning potential in a career. Its only a waste if you don't do anything with it. Which i suspect is the case for people like you who keep this shitty meme going.

I found most colleges will not pay for room and board. Most of the colleges I applied to gave me full tuition in financial aid. Three of them matched it to tuition to the penny, but only one of them paid for full tuition and some room and board. Anyone recently apply to college find the same thing? I'll have so spend something like $8k a year on college, which is nice because I'm going to a $61,000 a year private institution.

Uhh, no, I never said uni was pointless. I said it is not necessary for most people. Moreover, there are not enough jobs at a university level to justify everyone getting a degree.

Community college and trade school are a much better option for most people, especially when going to uni means going into debt, which is what this thread is about. Stop shitposting about reddit.

I know exactly how much the debt is. But my loan is interest free so I couldn't give less of a fuck desu. Finance was my major. Inb4 im somehow a cuck even though I've got a pretty decent career lined up for me and I barely had to try at all.

Yes, but why do you care about other people making bad choices? Is it because they're affecting your ability to get a job? Unless you're shit, their actions should have no impact on you at all. So why do you care so much?

>everything is balanced because I was lucky
Get out of here numb nuts. Yes they're fucking stupid, but colleges put out thousands of kids every year with shit like liberal arts degrees then expect them to make money.

>loan is interest free

Is that so?

>less of a cuck
>repetition of the word cuck as a general insult, bleeding it of its original meaning

Gen z sucks desu.

Bro, its a thread about student loans Were discussing if it's actually a good idea, because that's what this forum is for. It's a business and finance board. I could bounce into literally any discussion and say WELL WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT HOW OTHERS SPEND THEIR MONEY?? It's pointless. Your posts are pointless.

Colleges are businesses. They want to make money. They couldn't care less what people do after they graduate.

Yes that is so.
I see you've run out of shit to say that's on topic. Good work scholarship boy.

Yes but why discuss whether its worth it for the shit degrees that we're saying are a waste. Most people on this board would pursue business or STEM, and for them uni is a no-brainer.

Yes. Smart people know when the juice isn't worth the squeeze anymore, braniac.

>They couldn't care less what people do after they graduate.

Except alums who go on to do great things bring fame to the colleges they attended? And successful alums often times give hefty donations to the institutions that gave them success? Are you really this clueless?

>Most people on this board would pursue business or STEM
Those degrees are overpopulated too. They aren't useless, but there are not enough high paying jobs out there to justify every high school student going into debt to obtain one.

This has been used for a long time.

Please don't be such a faggot.

>tfw pop took out 50k in parent loans for private uni
>goes on full disability because old person
>loan gets discharged
awwww yiiiiiissss

>tfw still got another 50k debt in my own name :(

yeah right keep telling yourself that
im totally inept socially but got a full ride and make $80k/year now

>slack through high school
>do sat without studying
>gpa 2.7, sat 2040
>applied to 9 schools, accepted to 7
>fee waivers because poor
>paying 5k a year for college because of academic scholarships and need aid
>paying down part of debt to avoid interest while in school through wages from part time job

just be me and you too can have all this

I had a full ride but lost it after a series of unfortunate events. Now I'm looking at 30-60k of debt plus being barred from the major I selected when I started uni.

>you don't need a uni degree to get a good job

Maybe, but try telling that to the HR department

I'm going to be applying to college soon and I have a similar profile except for a slightly higher gpa and sat. What schools accepted you?

I didn't want to go and was CONVINCED BY EVERYONE that I HAD to go to college. And also that blue collar work sucked and was no way to live.

After college I was without a job for 2 years. Then I finally got an office job and fucking hated it. Then I got a job in a trade, I enjoyed and made good money.

So now I have this useless degree and $50k in debt. If I could give the degree back and get the debt forgiven I would do it in 2 seconds.