If you were a regular pleb in from a small village in the middle ages, and your people was about to be conquered...

If you were a regular pleb in from a small village in the middle ages, and your people was about to be conquered, who would you prefer to be brutally killed by?

Vikings, Mongols or Arabs?

Who were the most savage and sanguinary warriors ever?

You were going to get raped, murdered and enslaved by all three, its just a case of choosing what your attackers look like. That said I'd probably choose the Vikings.

You could add mayans to that list. Tbh I don't know who would be the worst. Being tortured while watching your women get raped and your village set on fire before being eventually killed would have been horrible with any of those. I guess vikings at least were white.

>Vikings, Mongols or Arabs?
so snowniggers, steppeniggers, or sandniggers?

fuck it, I'm moving to Italy

Arabs, they'll likely make me a slave.
Vikings and Mongols will kill me in painful manners.

The last image has a musket from the 18th or 19th century, not medieval.

Arabs. Likely to get enslaved and you can then convert.

Vikings will just kill you and the Mongols will take you prisoner to kill you in a ridiculously brutal way later.

>I'm moving to Italy

Apocalypto is not really accurate m8. Mayans didn't raid villages to get random people to sacrifice, in fact Mayan city states expressly warred with each other to capture the bravest warriors.

vikings also took slaves
though sometimes they sacrificed their slaves

I'd prefer the Vikings to attack me since I'd be able to easily defeat them lmao

>1000 2m tall red bearded muscular men wearing heavy armour and wielding axes and swords run towards you
>poor farmer with shitty sword and no armour
>I'd easily defeat them

Arabs.

Vikings were raiders and only settled after a long period of their shenanigans in the area.

Mongols were conquerors, but had little interest in sedentary civilization, their goal was to extend their power over a wide area. Unless I was a skilled artisan I would not be spared.

The arab conquests were typified by supplanting the existing rulers or getting them to surrender and convert to Islam. In principle at least they sought to spare economic assets (like peasants) that they expected to make use of later.

Wait... is Apocalypto about mayans?

always tougth it was aztecs

>2m tall red bearded muscular men wearing heavy armour
>2 m

Try 1,70 m tall men.

But yeah of course a thousand men wielding swords and axes will btfo a single man.

>1000 2m tall red bearded muscular men wearing heavy armour and wielding axes and swords run towards you
Irish sources often speak of the Vikings as being scrawny and malnourished, with "thin beards". Since the Irish defeated the Vikings and would probably want to make them out to be as fierce as possible to make their own achievements seem greater, we can probably take this as fact.

It's an extremely anachronistic version of the Mayans with Aztec-style mass sacrifices.

Yes.

Anyway people were like 1,60 on average in the middle ages, even if the vikings were taller than average they wouldn't have been over 1,70 on average, surely not 2 meters tall, which wouldn't make any sense.

Arabs.

I'll pay an extra tax if i don't convert, but that's preferable to having my organs ripped out through my chest or having my head added to a mountain of skulls.

>fuck it, I'm moving to Italy
have fun getting enslaved by north african raiders

SEA PEOPLE.

FUN HATS FOR YOU. FUN HATS FOR ME.

Aren't vikings being great warriors just a meme?

Yeah they mainly just preyed on defenseless villages and monasteries, they tended to get BTFO when actual resistance showed up.

>Wanting to get invaded by LITERAL Philistines

Pleb.

Vikings. They are the most white kek not about to be killed by a shitskin or mudblood.

Arabs or Mongols. All you had to do was surrender and then they'd let you go about your business as long as you paid your taxes. At least with Arabs you could convert to Islam and gain the status of other converts, sure you wouldn't be part of the Arab elite but it would basically provide and I stand reduction in yearly taxes

I have the ancestry and physiognomy of nordic freedmen, so I could potentially be a viking myself.

Explain Daneslaw

Part of this has to do with being less well equipped. While they were great at forging axes and blades their armor tended to be pretty shitty. They also didn't have very good tactics or strategy at all.
But they were great warriors, they fuckin sailed everywhere and made people their bitches- just look at how they set up kingdoms from Britain to Russia, and then they became the personal body guards of the Eastern Emperor. So they were at least a little bad ass.

And when I mean shitty I mean they were potentially wearing less than other armies of the time, but I think I'm actually on this point desu

It's because they didn't really have conventional tactics at all, the most notable times they got BTFO was attempting to conventional warfare inlands. While they were VERY succesful at hit and run guerilla tactics. Also of course, low population.

Kinda like their ancient cousins in the east.

Just use a spear. I hear axes and swords weren't thay great.

Lindy, pls go