What are some historical events that would not be believed by an audience if shown in a movie?

What are some historical events that would not be believed by an audience if shown in a movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plowshare
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes
mysteriesofcanada.com/nwt/albert-johnson-mad-trapper/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Wills
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Cowan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter
creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Russian_Sleep_Experiment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

The Emu War

My life

The life of Tarrare

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plowshare

70's slap-stick comedy.

Holy crap lol...

>"doctors could not keep him on a controlled diet; he would sneak out of the hospital to scavenge for offal in gutters, rubbish heaps and outside butchers' shops, and attempted to drink the blood of other patients in the hospital and to eat the corpses in the hospital morgue."

Auschwitz Roller Coaster IX: Dr. Mengele's Wild Ride

It's a surrealist B-Movie where every scene is from the testimony of """Holocaust Victims"""

Audie Murphy for one

Also gladiators promoting shitty products by sponsors

>made me google

There's a movie about Unit-731. It's called 'Men Behind the Sun.'

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

they actually made a movie about the British abolitionists....critics found it unbelievable.

And en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes reads similarly like evil villain fiction.

The 21st had been in existence for forty years and was the only cavalry regiment in the British Army that had never been in combat. So they were anxious to get bloodied and add some battle honors to their virgin flag. With them as an unofficial war correspondent was a young Winston Churchill, on leave from the 4th Hussars. Anxious to get in on the action in this latest war

Making their way south towards Omdurman, the four squadrons of the 21st noticed about a hundred Dervishes shooting at them from the cover of a khor (a gully). They formed up in line of three squadrons abreast (one in reserve) and made ready to charge. In textbook fashion they increased their pace from a walk to a trot to a canter and finally to a gallop. As they neared the edge of the khor, however, the officers in advance saw that it was filled not with a hundred snipers, but thousands of tightly packed warriors

The 21st crashed right into and through the Dervishes, skewering, shooting, and hacking down hundreds.The charge careered on, right out the far side of the Kara Army's rear and came to a halt about two hundred yards beyond it to reform. The Dervishes also started to reform their ranks. Both sides were stunned with what had just happened.

George Frederick "Buzz" Beurling DSO, DFC, DFM & Bar (6 December 1921 – 20 May 1948) was the most successful Canadian fighter pilot of the Second World War.

Beurling was recognised as "Canada's most famous hero of Second World War", as "The Falcon of Malta" and the "Knight of Malta", having been credited with shooting down 27 Axis aircraft in just 14 days over the besieged Mediterranean island. Before the war ended his official total climbed to either 31 or 311⁄3. Beurling's wartime service was terminated prior to war's end. In an attempt to continue combat flying in the postwar era, Beurling lost his life in a crash while attempting to deliver an aircraft to Israel.

Life of Crowley.

That was the creepiest shit I ever read when I was reading about him, he was quite literally a spooky scary storybook monster

>Beurling lost his life in a crash while attempting to deliver an aircraft to Israel
Something tells me there's more to this story.

Dude, it has Benadryl Cumdumpster? Why haven't I heard of it?...

The life and adventures of Francisco De Miranda

There was another Royal Canadian Air Force ace who flew with the Israeli Air Force in 46-48. During this time, he shot down 2 RAF Spitfires.

"On December 30th 1948 he claimed an MC205 and on January 7th 1949 he shot down two RAF Spitfires while flying with Slick Goodlin who shot down a Spit of his own. (Read an excellent account of it here). One of the Spits shot down by McElroy was piloted by Tim McElhaw whom he visited later in hospital. George Beurling had also agreed to fly for Israel but was killed in Rome while making his way there and never had a chance to fight."

Oh, and the awesomely-named Slick Goodlin you may remember from the movie "The Right Stuff". He was the test pilot who demanded big cash to try and break the sound barrier. Chuck Yeager offered to do it for his regular USAF salary.

I'll add the Mad Trapper of Rat River:

mysteriesofcanada.com/nwt/albert-johnson-mad-trapper/

"The dynamite was thrown into the structure and a massive explosion ripped the roof clean off with one of the walls caving in.

As the Mounties entered the cabin to remove the corpse, Johnson stood up from a fox hole he dug firing 2 weapons narrowly missing both officers. A hasty retreat was in order again. After a 15 hr siege and food starting to run low they returned to Aklavik to contemplate their next move."

Diego de Landa

"There's nobody that /stupidly/ evil. There's no /way/ he would do that, and there /absolutely/ no way the Pope would have, at the height of the inquisition, threaten to excommunicate him for his extreme methods and brutality. No way."

What I got from my friend when indescribed him.

The movie Gladiator cut scenes from the script with Russell Crowe endorsing olive oil on billboards and people buying gladiator dolls because they thought audiences wouldn't believe it.

It was really more "Ancient Roman WWE" than what we think of it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Wills

The narrative arc is too perfect

Ea-Nasir.

All those silly events that happened when people was very stupid, like when some folks couldn't stop dancing and some died of exahustion or the laughter epidemic.

You could adapt the dancing mania to be a parody of zombie films. Do a little 15-20 minute short film.

German diplomacy during the outbreak of the war.

It would make for a Mel Brooks tier comedy.

For example they handed out two sets of responses to Russia.

One which was drafted with Russia rejecting their ultimatum in mind. It meant war.

One which was drafted with Russia accepting their ultimatum in mind. It also meant war.

Some sperg will probably hate me for mentioning something popular, but the War of the League of Cambrai would confuse modern audiences. I think they'd be too dumb to understand the nuances of medieval alliances, and would be looking for some moral lesson or inevitable karma-based result that just wouldn't come.

"Of course your realize, this means war."

Honestly, considering they are immune to bullets roughly 50% of the time when shot in the head I barely believe it and I've shot an emu before

Not to mention that whatever they're fighting, they go directly for the genitals

Yeah, and people outside continental asia constantly deride it as 'exaggerated' even when it gets nowhere close to the absolutely ridiculous cruelty of the U731 scientists.

The description of his mouth and abdomen are horrifying

Jesus fucking Christ...

And all of that less than 100 yrs ago.

Who knows what kind of crazy shit will emerge in a few decades, and is happening now.

ugggghhh

dashing young man.

what a legend.
He maybe died too soon but he lived.

he was sick.

not so spooky as you think. Read up on his conditions.

>Holmes selected mostly female victims from among his employees (many of whom were required as a condition of employment to take out life insurance policies, for which Holmes would pay the premiums, but was also the beneficiary), as well as his lovers and hotel guests, whom he would later kill
How did he get away with this for more than 24 hours?

I agree. A TV series could work with good marketing and a lot of meaningless sexual scenes though.

The botched execution of Mary Queen if Scots or that french bard that broke into her bedroom and hid so he could pronounce his love but instead scared her.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill

the cries of capeshit and nonsense would be heard in the heavens.|

Also
>What are some historical events that would not be believed by an audience if shown in a movie?

Just look at braveheart, they changed it from him getting shot in the throat with an arrow to somewhere else because they didn't think audiences would believe it.

Operation Cottage would be a good comedy.

This story is clearly bullshit. This is like the kind of thing you read in Weekly World News.

Yeah, that's a good one. Remember the first time I read about him, think I spent a couple of days imagening what this guy was like.

>Jack Churchill

Or these guys.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart
>He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War; was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and tore off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Cowan
Little more generic career in the Royal Navy, Joins at 13 in the dying age of sailing ships, serves up through WWII and retires in 1931. But he comes back in 1941 to train commandos, ends up getting captured by the Italians when he tries to capture a tank in North Africa with his service revolver (he was 71 at the time). The Italians release him in 1943 but don't bother to ask for his parole so he just rejoins the commandos and continues on.

Jim Jones and his entire story.

A respected pastor and communism advocate who attends dinners with the president and other politicians, who organized a theological commie institution throughout the country and still earned the respect of much of the country. When he tries to see his dream fulfilled, it results in starvation, systematic slavery, insanity, murder and assassination, and one of the largest mass suicides of which we know.

Wouldn't be surprised if a man with some odd disease that caused this existed. But the level of embellishment and obvious bullshit is just ridiculous.

That's actually about 3/4 bullshit, there's no reliable evidence he built a special murder house. He was a conman involved in construction, was building a cheap house to rent out to people visiting the world's fair, and murdered one or two people who found out about his unsafe methods to cut costs.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due

A masonic lodge in Italy that turned into an Alex Jones-tier conspiracy. They infiltrated the media, the military, and most of the political establishment (including figures like Berlusconi) and planned to install their own anti-communist government.

>planned to install their own anti-communist government.

Liking these guys desu.

Of course, this is Italy so one wonders how much is actually real and how much is just conspiracy theories from communists in the north who blame everything on Glaudio?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter

I'm surprised it isn't already 50 movies.

Russian Sleep Experiments

creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Russian_Sleep_Experiment

That's fiction though.

>Zvonimir Čučković

well... this never happened so there isn't anything to believe or not believe in.

Learn to read retard.

My husbando Erich Hartmann makes him look like a scrublord

I hoped someone would post this

How does it feel being a cuckold?

So why don't militaries make full body armour out of emu heads?

Eh, most of the victims were Chinese. One step above livestock.

Jesus being born of a virgin through divine conception. Later being crucified on a cross only to be risen from the dead three days later.

clearly possessed

>was angered by increased taxes and his defeat in the Spring 1926 election for township clerk.
Fucking libertarians.

What is the next DiCaprio movie

The life of Charles Nungesser

>Charles Eugène Jules Marie Nungesser, MC (15 March 1892 – presumably on or after 8 May 1927) was a French ace pilot and adventurer, best remembered as a rival of Charles Lindbergh. Nungesser was a renowned ace in France, ranking third highest in the country with 43 air combat victories during World War I.

>By the end of the war, a succinct summary of Nungesser's wounds and injuries read: "Skull fracture, brain concussion, internal injuries (multiple), five fractures of the upper jaw, two fractures of lower jaw, piece of anti-aircraft shrapnel imbedded [sic] in right arm, dislocation of knees (left and right), re-dislocation of left knee, bullet wound in mouth, bullet wound in ear, atrophy of tendons in left leg, atrophy of muscles in calf, dislocated clavicle, dislocated wrist, dislocated right ankle, loss of teeth, contusions too numerous to mention."[11]

Needless to say, ouch.

chamberlain's accounts of the glanton gang

Pont St. Louis
>9 Frenchmen vs literally thousands of Italians
>Hundreds of Italians die
>Literally the only reason the French surrender, after zero casualties, is because they heard Paris had fallen

Alternatively Léo Major
>Liberates an entire city in the Netherlands ON HIS OWN
>German reports show they believed an entire army had arrived when it was just ONE FUCKING GUY

Or maybe the capture of the Dutch Fleet at Den Helder
>French CAVALRY captures a Dutch fleet
>Zero casualties

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague