S E L F I M P R O V E M E N T G E N E R A L

S E L F I M P R O V E M E N T G E N E R A L

>takes modafinil
>exercise daily
>learning to speed reads
>learning a new language

What do you do to improve yourself, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iCtDiLiaayk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I ask people for life advise on Veeky Forums

>Get up
>Run 3.2 miles
>Write stories while breakfasting
>Go to class
>Get out of class
>Get lunch
>Go back to class
>Come back from class
>Study/do homework
>Write a bit
>Practice guitar
>Socialize
>Eat dinner
>Practice for my play
>Socialize more
>Read a book
>Go the fuck to sleep

>masturbate and work minimum wage job

I'll own all your asses in no time.

>still a poorfag

>stop masturbating
>start meditating
>only read books or learn subjects that are important to your current life
>make a list of all your troubles. go over list and ask yourself how you can handle each trouble

modafinil? is that them nootropics shit? I've been interested in getting into them just don't have the time.. I've lost like 6 pounds been doing intermittent fasting for the past few weeks..

Trying to learn latin, trying to learn to trade FOREX, doing cardio with 10 lb dumbells for an hour a day.. trying to get out into the sun get more vitamin D..

The thing I really need to do is get on Veeky Forums or whatever and try to find a fucking good diet or just learn in general how to eat fucking healthy. I also stopped masturbating and deleted 10 gbs of fap material, most of my willpower for all of this comes from a crush I have on a girl IRL.. maybe soon I'll have the self confidence to ask see a movie or something? Then I'll know I've improved.

I'll give you some advice, I assume you're nothing really matters if you have money to live and eat

i'm posting this message from near Bethel AK, fucked way the hell off even by AK standards. my life consists of living snowed in for 3 months, reading books, investing the money i made the rest of the year, and then when it thaws out I hunt and fish with my children

let the stupid shit fade away, go out and see what the world really is (pro-tip it's not walking down the street in NYC or some gay nigger shit like that)

this.

>being a speedreader

I started a craigslist account, and I am selling stupid stuff I never use around my house/room.

It seems really small, but it makes me feel good:)

Thinking about getting into ebay as well.

What are some good books of self-improvement

I hope you're only speed-reading non-fiction pleb books. If you're speed-reading literature, then you've robbed yourself of the entire point.

>speed read
tai lopez plz

Where do you get your modafinil from? I've been thinking about getting some, but I don't want to deal with any sketchy shit.

modafinil cat dot com

Modafinil just borrows sleep from the next day for me. I feel wasted after using it.

1. Think and Grow Rich
2. the 5 secrets you should know before you die
3. Models
4. Take a course called the landmark forum I did and it changed my life

i take unsafe chemicals to "improve myself." i also exercise, but not for my health, i do it because i'm insecure about my body image. i'm "improving myself." i'm not a dumbass shitnose.

Is the fourth one from the Romanian "fitness" dude?

Get on myfitnesspal. Log every thing you eat. Make sure you eat less than your daily calorie allowance. Lift and run/walk. Ask that girl out soon. There will be a good chance she will reject you but that will motivate you in getting in shape. Good luck, breh.

>mofafinil
nigga, what are you doing? that stuff is not made for the eternity. you can take it if you have one hard week before you, but never ever do it for weeks or months, your body still needs the sleep + you'll develop resistance against the stuff.
>speed read
good luck doing this with scientific or actual literature books

>you need to be 18 to post on Veeky Forums

>meditating
nice try Chang

Veeky Forums sticky is a good start, read it. the iron pill is the first and largest step towards self-improvement and especially confidence.
good luck with your crush

hello hippy

>a full head of hair
kek, my fucking sides. that girl is hilarious, would marry

>From 700 engineering students I'm the best and I am studing business besides
>Work 20 hours per week in a company that is technology leader
>Drink beer daily
>Eat Fastfood worth 50€ every week
>No friends and no gf

I am not able to do everything. But right now is beer time.

>>learning to speed reads
Speed reading is bunk and honestly more aptly described as skimming. If you're reading dense or unfamiliar material where memory and understanding is crucial reading speed drops off a cliff. If a piece is mostly fluff though feel free to skim it since the content doesn't really matter as much as the general gist.

All that and Chads still fucking your girl

i went vegan, lol

we're talking about self-improvements, not self-harming, kid

working on side projects
signing up for motorbike test
learning a language
learning more work related stuff
exercising a lot but could do with more focus on lifting
saving lots of money so I can get on the property ladder

Nofap is legit but the normies who do it are quite off-putting since its spammed everywhere. So in brief here's what I've noticed before and after:

before no fap:
* Fapped constantly from stress.
* Used to work as a programmer and fapped whenever things go too hard
* Constantly anxious
* Depressed, stressed out
* Terrible trouble sleeping
* Not that alert
* Had a bitch sounding feminine voice
* No confidence

After I stopped fapping most of those things went away and my sleeping pattern improved adversely. I feel in control of my life for the first time in a while and I can focus again. It seems like everything is falling into place, that's the only way I can describe it. People think this is bullshit but I'd say give it a try. You'll probably notice all your problems get worse during nofap but after you break the cycle everything gets better, much, much better.

Totally correct. Nofap benefits are LEGIT lifechanging. The confidence, motivation and energy gains make improving your life 10x easier. A lot of deniers out there but they don't know. Once you have truly grasped the benefits you're nofap for life

>bitch sounding feminine voice went away bc of nofap
wanna know how I know your lying

>Nofap
now I've reached a point where I will never visiz Veeky Forums again. Reddit gammafag scum has arrived here. This no fap shit is the stupidest thing that I have ever heard of.
t.pharmacologist

H-how do you do it man? I got a friend that's the same as you, we're both pretty autistic, but he's just fine with it. It's eating me up that I can't get a gf or make any friends, but he says it never bothered him. And he's also finishing his major while I'm stuck 3 years behind him.

enjoy your cancer, nigger

>no rest day
never going to make it OP

Go to the gym every second day. I went vegetarian about a year ago. I read a bit about computer science or finance daily. Working on a bunch of side projects. Working as a freelancer. Learned Spanish. Investing a good bit of money in undervalued companies. Earn some passive income on mobile games, flash games, informative sites and some books. For anyone interested in investment I'd advise reading "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham and for anyone interested in computer science "Hacking the Art of Exploitation" is a good read.

How old are you? Has any of it paid off to the point you could retire on passive income?

>nobody is in fucking college

Yolo NEET-life amirite?

15, made $8k last year from passive income alone. Nothing to retire on, but I'm saving most of it.

>What do you do to improve yourself, Veeky Forums?
you can't improve upon perfection

cosy

top kek, i hope you trollin

underrated post.

Has anyone taken Modafinil for years and gotten kidney stones? Just wondering. Feelsbadman.jpg
Don't get old and drink lots of water faggots

>lift (I'm a /fraud/)
>school (accounting)
>self teaching myself to program (inb4 Java is for pajeets)
>most time is spent studying to get better grades
>in recovery, so no drugs or alcohol (19 months sober)

I'd like to do something more with my life 2bh familia.

What's your cycle/how much does it cost?

I'm tempted to do a couple, but my friend told me I'm a pussy if start a cycle and I'm not 185 lean.

Visit Veeky Forums and check the catalog for "fraud".
There is always a thread with that topic.

And yes, hopping on funny chemicals without ever put hard work into your body to get to you limit is just the pussy way. You are not aware of what your body is capable of without "external help".
Good luck, keep an regular blood check up and don't lie to you doctor.

I've been lifting for about a year and a half. Do you trip? I'll lurk for you if you do.

That was not me but I agree with him. I'd put a lot of consideration into getting on gear. It's easy mode and not the healthiest thing physically or mentally. I lifted for 3 years before hopping on though.

Remember..there is no such thing as "just one cycle."

no but I took it for about 3 months and my hair is thin as fuck now, feels bad man

also the only thing I did on it was play video games

I fucked up

Learning Java currently on summer holiday

>eventual inevitable crash general

What is/how to get mondanifil

earn to improve yourself
youtu.be/iCtDiLiaayk

>speed read

Come on man don't be a faggot. The more you read the faster you will, in time. Speed reading is bollocks, as far as I have seen and heard. If it works for you, cool though.

Here's what I do daily (I resigned a few weeks back, between jobs now).

6 am - wake up
>read for an hour
>work-out
>shower, eat breakfast etc.
>learning programming 3-4 hours
>a bit of rest, max 1 hour
>japanese 3-4 hours
>look for a new job, 1 hour
>german 3-4 hours
8 pm - chill out starts, I hit the bed at 12 pm
Not even worried as I have savings to live off of for a year or so, if I want to of course.

Actually good for you mate, if you are not inuit your body'll thank you.

I have a black eye from a fight I got into at a McDonald's lol and I just lost my job

I won the fight because I win fights, but I didn't put much effort in
>drunk
>some guy man handle moves me and tells me to back my drunk ass up
>hit him
It's rare someone will just stand and fight. He grabbed my sweater and I just kind of gave up control
>leave having technically lost
>realize I dropped my phone
>go back and he's talking shit about me
>beat his ass, leave him kind of knocked out
>everyone claps

I fight often and it's been a long time since I've had a normal win. It seems like I put just the amount of effort to barely win. I fight without intention

I'm learning to code and doing prerequisites for the Udacity Data Analyst course, when my hand heals I'm going to train boxing (I planned on starting today), I'm making an effort to code related meetups

Those two things (coding and boxing, with an emphasis on the former) are more than enough right now

Before this job I had spent all day every day learning about various lifestyle businesses, digital marketing and making money online. I've watched hours of founder interviews and investor pannels etc

That kind of thing feels like improvement, but it isn't

DFW defined it best. Art is difficult, and if you want to create a beautiful life, it's a struggle. Learning to code is fucking draining. It's how I know I'm on the right path

Pretty much, it's worse the longer you take it.

If you can dedicate a day to improving yourself and want to kick ass, take it.

I used to waste it while at work for a big corp.

That's odd since almost all studies have shown there is basically no sleep debt acquired when taken for up to 72 hours.

It's my experience with it too, I've never had the problem of needing to catch up. I can be up with modafinil for maybe 3 days and then get 8 hours sleep and I'm fine.

My life is pretty quiet. Every once in a while I start some kind of self-improvement kick, but it rarely lasts - I try to accomplish too many things at once and exhaust myself, or I get

As for what I want to do for self-improvement:

Jerk It Less
>I do it too often right now
>Sex is more fun if you jerk off less
>More energy for worthwhile tasks

Learn Python
>Got most of the way through a python course a few months ago, I'd like to wrap that up
>I want to program a roguelike - I'm in need of a creative outlet

Learn French
>Learned the language in high school (Canadian)
>Am shit at the language

Learn How To Invest
>I've got ~60k saved up, but somebody else is managing my money
>I want to finish reading Margin of Safety

Finish Some Books
>Started reading my "Chemistry For Engineers" book because I needed a refresher
>Finish reading Wealth of Nations - it's a good read, and I want to finish it before I start any more economics texts

Basically, it's all learning and reading. I feel like I should try to learn/memorise things better. Retain more info. I found this graph that suggests that there may be a good way to go about it. If I can learn more efficiently then why not, right? It might be fun to try making an android application that's a learning-optimization calendar.

Here's the graph I'd mentioned.

It's linked to confidence, stress tightens your vocal chords which raises the pitch of your voice, and also makes you speak from your throat. he's not lying at all