What does Biz think about my cashing out some bitcoins to buy a wedding ring and get married ?

What does Biz think about my cashing out some bitcoins to buy a wedding ring and get married ?

I've had these coins for years and they just sit around not doing anything, anyways.

At current exchange rates I've got about 5,700 in bitcoins.
I have a stable FT job, I have regular investments (just did some mining for the lulz back in the day)

I could leave out 1 bitcoin as some insurance in case it sky rockets upwards, but I can't avoid not buying a ring forever.

>in b4 marriage

It's you life.

You need to be sure that she's worth more than possible riches thorugh bitcoin.

you will regret it
not the bitcoins the marriage

That's very irresponsible. If you truly love your wife you'll hold and wait for the day that you can buy her something that's really worth while.

Terribl idea. You should never let a woman know you own Bitcoin.

That's your lawyer fund when she leaves your ass.

fag

this

Sell at $750 and buy her the ring. Buy back in once it drops back down to $500.

Don't spend any more than $1000 on an engagement.

Any more than that, and she'll think it's a green light to bleed you for your entire life savings in order to fund the wedding, rings, bachelorette party, bridal shower, rehearsal wedding, rehearsal rehearsal dinner (which exists for some reason), etc. All of which can be done for under a couple grand, but none of which she will accept for that much because women are vain, stupid creatures that just want to throw away money on an overpriced DJ and some gay Disney-themed wedding, rather than save money for like, a fucking house, car, furniture, kids, money for the next few months so you can eat, etc.

t. Guy who's considering proposing to my spoiled entitled financially-retarded girlfriend of four years.

i've been in a few relationships already, I know good ones from bad ones.

Not every girl is a money grubbing skank.
If anything she will be making more money than me down the road.

This bitcoin money is just on the side, I never thought it would be worth this much in the first place.
I have proper investment in stocks and shit that I wont be touching.

>get a ring for $1,000
seriously man, have you ever looked at girls ? they are all stupid expensive.

I havent shopped around yet, but around 5K is my budget for a ring (no idea about the wedding)
I still probably have another ~year or so before I pop the question.

Just gotta add that I am using wedding/engagement rings interchangably here, but I know they are different rings
engagement = fancy and expensive
wedding = plain and cheap and exchanged during ceremony

>seriously man, have you ever looked at girls ? they are all stupid expensive.
meant to say rings not girls.

Not every marriage is a shitty deadend road. Just because you're a Jew doesn't mean OP should be and a nice ring will always be a nice ring.

Yeah I've looked at them, that's why I'm saying $1k. In my opinion even that is a bad investment for a high-risk partnership where you could lose half of your entire fortune just because she decides to have a mid-life crisis at age 40 and divorce you so she can run away to Michigan and sleep around and do drugs and practice Wicca and change her name to Dove.

t. son of guy who this happened to

I would hide at least half of your entire net worth from her.

Also, in my community it's expected to make nice engagements well worth a shit catering party from BK worth 1 grand. Why? Because people give substantial amounts of money especially if they see you have a nice venue setup. Only shitty Americans have small weddings and engagements where they always end up negative in expenses.

I'm European-American and it's typical to spend around 6 to 10 grand on an engagement, make 10 to 12k profit then make 25k+ on your wedding in profit.

if I lose half my fortune what does it matter how much the ring costs ?

In a few years time she will be making more than me anyways.

Dont listen to those sour fags OP. They think all "women are evil bloodsucking cheaters" because theyre shitty people themselves who wonder why they dont get ass from their women when theyre so fat and shitty

It's your life.

You need to make sure she's actually worth possibly $5000 in bitcoins (and possibly more if it keeps going up) just for the ring.

Seriously take into account the possibility of Bitcoin going up much more in the future. You could regret it if you don't have enough money to buy back in when it dips.

Give up guys. OP is a lost cause.

Some people just have to be fucked before they understand. He may learn by his second marriage.

meh, sometimes you gotta just live with the regrets

But really, I try to make the best choices I can at the time and move on.
Does anyone kick themselves for not getting more coins, or buying apple stocks or other bullshit ?
hindsight is great, people talk about bitcoins as if its going to the moon, but who knows.

Though I already sold my stake in Bitcoin. I'm watching it closely so I can still extract another decent profit if it still has some steam.

Actually, despite what I said earlier, if you want nothing else to do with Bitcoin after this, sell. $5k is pretty great for something you probably spent little money on when you started mining. There are more stable/grounded investments.