Motivation Thread

What motivates you to make lots of money?

For me, besides having a fulfilling career, it's all about having a condo like this.

I just want a house where I can live by myself and not have to wage slave.

i just like collecting money

i literally don't spend any of it but i just like the feeling of collecting it

to be able to do nice things for my family. and have enough to cover any sort of emergency that arises. and to beable to fund projects and causes i believe in , and to beable to pursue fun or enlightening opportunities that come up . and to encourage other people with no hope that with enough hardwork anyone can do "it"

It isn't about the money. It's about being made out of concentrated awesome. The way that most people measure that is in dollar signs.

To empower my future family.

Though seeing how fucking nonexistent my love life is, the only thing really driving me is a sense of duty to my goals and guilt when I do not adhere to that duty.

I want to be financially secure and retire asap
I hate interracting with normie scum during my daily wagekek
I would like to travel the world
I want to live alone in a house with no neighbours
My residence will require a large garage as I love Italian sports cars

Same how much would that run me a month in the Midwest I'm 21 and would absolute slay pussy in a pad like that

freedom... the freedom to travel around the world and shit post on Veeky Forums all day without having to worry about my finances.

I want to build for my future family like the other user in this thread.

If that doesn't work out I'll build for myself.

bored

"Jim Bennett: I've been up two and a half million dollars.
Frank: What you got on you?
Jim Bennett: Nothing.
Frank: What you put away?
Jim Bennett: Nothing.
Frank: You get up two and a half million dollars, any asshole in the world knows what to do: you get a house with a 25 year roof, an indestructible Jap-economy shitbox, you put the rest into the system at three to five percent to pay your taxes and that's your base, get me? That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink. That's all I have to say to anybody on any social level. Did your grandfather take risks?
Jim Bennett: Yes.
Frank: I guarantee he did it from a position of fuck you. A wise man's life is based around fuck you. The United States of America is based on fuck you. You're a king? You have an army? Greatest navy in the history of the world? Fuck you! Blow me. We'll fuck it up ourselves."

I want to work a bunch to run something fun and successful on a grand scale. I want to live downtown in a big city and live a cozy city life every day and do research about companies at night.

Seconded. Started my first real job out of grad school in April, and just cracked $20k in liquid savings.

Sometimes I log in to my online banking just to look at the balances.

I want to have a good career, buy a nice house in a cushy suburb, have a nice wife and two kids, retire in my late 30s and do quant trading in my home office part-time.

like pottery. literally brought a tear to my eye.

I do this too. But it's not enough. Will it ever be?

Put more in and find out.

I wonder. I doubt it, but we won't know for sure until we try. Good thing the 15th is only a week and a half away.

I literally only spend my money on videogames, food and my doge, but also I simply love to be a smug cunt and be better than everyone else so I have to work hard and that hard work usually pays off.

I want to make enough money to support myself and my dumb dream of becoming a YouTuber, making money from that, and eventually becoming an actor.

start building a following

If Smosh can do it, anyone can.

I need some friends who are willing to appear in videos with me. For now, I'll have to try to be funny solo.

True, but they also got into the game earlier when the pool of channels was a lot smaller.

Simply to not have to worry about boring, time wasting decisions. Is that restaurant too fancy? Can i afford the hotel downtown on my trip? Nonstop flight is $175 more, should i take 3 more hours on connection flight? Where should i go grocery shopping? Should i get a cab or take the train? .... and on and on

Hate thinking about and planning shit like this. I want to be able to just do whatever is convenient or interesting without worrying

I got up to $300k and it never felt like enough.

I used to think $10k was huge.

Then $100k seemed normal to have.

Then $250k sounded cool coz it was a quarter of a million

If I went all the way up to $500k I would have just thought "heh... half a million" then would have kept going to a million...

It's a bit of a boring game because as long as you work and don't buy dumb shit, your score always goes up - there's no way to lose.

Until you pay cash for a house... and start again

I like to put money into things I find myself spending a lot of time on or using. I think it's frugal to put a little money into something of quality that's going to give you a better experience or last longer

Nicer sheets, pillows, bed

Then I realized I could do the same with my bathroom since you have to deal with your hygiene everyday. You end up enjoying what you have more and I think it also improves yourself whether you enjoy the ease of mind or if it improves your appearance

Nicer toothbrush, upgraded the shower, etc.

Then I dealt with food. There's a lot of good food out there you can make on your own with minimal time. Or you can make a week's serving every sunday or whenever you're free

A pound of precooked shrimp here is $8, sure that's expensive but it's good shit, nutritious, and I'm not dealing with ramen everyday because I'm only spending my money on things that will truly improve my quality of life

I really only eat out when it's with friends because it's more of a social thing that actually eating. I know a lot of people that eat out because they can't organize themselves to get some food and cook it on their own time

When I thought of using my money to improve upon my quality of life I found that I had a better grasp on my life. Now if you're in a ton of debt you probably don't want to do what I'm doing - you need to take care of that debt but man it's really nice to have things you can truly appreciate because they benefit your life

My wealth is a representation of people who enjoy my work and what my company has to offer. Larger consumer bases genuinely mean a larger audience or following, so I'm motivated working for both the sake of cash flow and popularity.

Putting my sisters through college and covering my mom's medical expenses.

Buying land and building a large custom house near a stretch of beach in a secluded area with large rooftop balcony or general deck if the home is elevated that overlooks either a large nearby city or out to sea. Spend my nights star-gazing, having late night grill outs with my friends and private parties.

Being able to do things such as travel the country and overseas with my friends who are also pushing to succeed.

I just wanna buy a plane and a helicopter desu

I want to make enough money through my software ventures to establish a biotechnology company aiming to use gene therapy to treat biological ageing as a disease.

Also, I would like a comfy lake house, like this one.

I want a secret laboratory for a house.
Look like a self sufficient small stone castle in a the woods but underneath is a maze of hallways with multiple underground layers. I will have cats,dogs,a underground aviary that peaks out into a forest clearing,it will be like a mini jungle with giant silk moths birds and exotic bugs.

I want to be free and fuck 10/10 models (hookers) anytime I want. I'm not really into fucking hookers but the feeling that I could fuck a hot bitch whenever I want is nice you know? The feeling of living wherever I want, the feeling of doing whatever I want.

5k/month

To not fight about money like my parents did.

wise user

>make enough money to go into politics and try to advance society further
>also make enough money to put shitloads into anti-aging research so I can be immortal

Midwest? The only people who go here are hoosiers.places in indy don't cosy too much. Don't know entirely off personal experience.. but my brother was looking at places for 800~

Hey man. Might not seem like anything, but keep positive and regardless of how "stupid" an idea of your's is.. if you genuinely want to be a YouTuber than stick to it. Don't consider it dumb until you exhaust all your options in it and have proof it doesn't work for you. Then it's dumb.

Your political opinions suck. Just invest in Alzheimer's.

Nice

Thanks man, I needed to hear that.

hi altero-me