Some of you guys are alright

Some of you guys are alright.

Get any money you have with them out of Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse and Banca Monte Dei Paschi di Sienna NOW. If you have any securities issued by them, sell them NOW.

I am warning you - these banks are not safe. Don't risk it.

Other urls found in this thread:

armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/real_estate/standard-life-suspends-their-property-fund/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I am now calling my banker

Good.

Wait a minute, who is "Lehman"?
If he's that guy who played center for the Bulls, fuck it.
I'm not into betting on sports.

Oh, don't worry. It's probably nothing.

What about Barclays?

You're gonna wanna watch the yuan, too.

If that starts plunging, it'll likely trigger a similar disruption in the EU.

That's a relief.

If the Yuan plunges then you can bet that Canadian housing bubble will burst like fuck

Is ABN AMRO alright?

Sorry, I've seen to many threads about DB going to fail already, since like 2015. At this point it looks like just another HAPPENING thread. The bank is still here and i haven't seen any solid argument why German government won't just bail it out in case of real trouble.
Italian government bailed some of their banks recently, Germans have way more money at their disposal to do the same.

They are trading at all time lows and literally down 56% since a year ago.

I'm not saying they're belly up tomorrow, but, you're not hinting at "they're fine" are you?

Is Bear Stearns alright?

And how many trillions does Germany have to bail out Deutsche? Are you even aware of how much exposure they have?

They might be not fine in the sense that they have seen better times, but it doesn't mean that German government will hesitate to provide liquidity in case of an emergency.

I hope you don't think that bailing out equals literally immediate buying every single derivative on DB's books. Look how much exposure LB or AIG had, and how much money was needed to bail them out (in case of LB - how much money Barclays was willing to pay before the deal failed).

Don't be silly! Don't take your money out of Bear. Bear is fine. If anything, they're more likely to get taken over. Don't move your money from Bear.

Deutsche bank -5,40% so far today

Rot in hell, Germanistan

few trillion?

who /sold everything/ here?

81% liquid

Please happening this time.

--7,28 %

ITT: user's trolling causes a bank run

So how much lower is Deutsche going to go before I should buy?

(OP)
yes what about barclays i would like to know as well. i thought i was a stock market genius 'buying the dip' after brexit happened. am i actually faggot? what gives?

i heard that soros shorted DB recently.

What would happen if we all took our money from our banks and pooled our money in just one bank. Would the other banks crash and the singular holding bank be able to do shit like actually pay decent Interests?

When was the last time biz did an epic raid on money?

I bought Barclays (NYSE:BRC) for 7,63 because of the dividends. Now its 7,08 but I am not worried. Should I worry? My net worth is 150K and I bought for 20K

>Banca Monte Dei Paschi di Sienna

That bank is being called "the italian Bankia" here in Spain.

And that means get the fuck out of there ASAP

For everyone not familiar with European banks bail in strategy I suggest you read up on it, because it's up and running since more than a year already. Basically any European bank can just take ppl money to bail themselves out as long as the account they take from has more than 50k €, and if that doesn't work there's still the bail out strategy by the state which was greatly optimized since 2008 with a fund all European nations made to that intent.

tl;dr

European banks are actually safer than American banks. European people money is not though and they should not have any money in those banks but whatever who cares about that part.

Dude. We can't even move penny stocks as the Robin Hood thread people will tell you first hand.

To perform a bailout they basically have to completely fuck their bond holders which would effectively do the same thing as a crash.

Except that kind of bail out happened earlier this year with an Austrian bank and no one gave a shit about it and there was barely any reports on it. You're underestimating the UESR's reach in medias.

"Bailout" first they would have to nationalize the central banks like they did in Austria and then they could perform what they had dubbed a "bail-in" the only different is that the Austrian bank only had to utilize 8.4 billion euro which represented the gap in its balance sheet. I'm no global economics master but I assume the 360 billion euro gap which accounts for 1/3 of euro loans in 1 Italian bank is a little bit more significant.

but BMPS went up today ?

I'm confused user ......

Because they banned short selling the stock as of this morning.

Better safe than sorry. Who knows if there will be a bail-in to depositors' money to recapitalize the bank?

Is it that difficult to move one's money to a financial institution in better shape?

Barclays is fourth most exposed U.K bank to comercial real estate blow up in the past few days with 23% of its tangible assets in risk. About 6 property funds are losing much of its capital because investors are withdrawing their money. I'd stay clear from it or hedge it.

Explain.

yeah but goy, armstrongeconomics.com/markets-by-sector/real_estate/standard-life-suspends-their-property-fund/

vancouverfags think that property in vancouver, canada is overvalued solely because of chinks.

>over-inflated property values have nothing to do with government intervention - artificially low interest rates, 40 year amortizations, CMHC insurance
>when the chinks (ie

>Barclays - I'd stay clear from it or hedge it.

I've got more than I'm willing to admit on deposit with him for that sweet, sweet 1% apy.

Starting to make me paranoid fampai.

absolutely happening

Can anyone please explain exactly what is happening with Italy and Deutsche Bank, and more importantly what it means. Are we heading for a worse financial crisis than 2008? Or will nothing happen, as usual?

I know nothing about banking systems so please keep that in mind while explaining

I wonder how that works for Americans using Barclays for example.

Say you've got 51K on deposit, above their 'we can take it if we need it' policies. That only applies to Europeans, right? Seeing as it's FDIC insured and all.

Just curious. About to close on a house I don't need this habbening right now.

The ECB is at the disposal of their german overlords, if there was even a real possibility of a failure you can bet that they would what is necessary to avoid it. They are already printing money as if there is no tomorrow, bailing Europe's most systemically important bank would be child's play for the Keynesians at the Central Banks.
The US let Lehman fail to set an example (bailing everyone else whilst doing so), Europe won't do it as they can't afford the luxury of doing things like that. It's the same for people betting against chinese banks, a credit crunch might occur but the government would never let them fail.
They are good short, but they aren't going to zero.
It's amazing how people still listen to Cramer, what a clown.

I said it on another thread to an user who was looking to invest in property with 210k £. Wait a bit for property to lose its value, then buy and invest and rent out a few months/years when the real estate market recovers in the U.K.

I completely agree with you user. The whole thing blowing up doesn't make a shred of sense because Bank of England is slashing rates in upcoming months and the luxury property that is widely owned by foreigners should most likely spike up because the pound is devaluing. But the thing is, when you get a load of property funds losing a lot of capital from investors and it starts to snowball from there you can't really predict how much it's going to fall.

Like I said, tread lightly with it. Nobody knows how long this is going to last, what impact it is going to have and when the falling knife is going to stop. People said, two years ago, oil couldn't drop below 50$. We all know how that turned out in the short term...