Redpill me on gold Veeky Forums. am I late to the party?

Redpill me on gold Veeky Forums. am I late to the party?

Yeah, like 8 years late.

>am I late to the party?

Probably. I put about £15000 into gold back in August so I'm pretty happy with my returns, and I think it could have room to grow more if the prevailing economic conditions remain choppy, but I don't reckon that there's a huge amount of additional upside.

Buy physical gold, trade for liquor when it happens

Did you buy physical gold? If so where from?

If you want into gold now, learn to be a goldsmith and keep scrap.

Trading gold is stupid. Having physical gold in a safe is a good idea.

its just that I read a lot of articles lately that say gold could grow to 2000/oz in a few years. any idea if that's accurate?

Bitcoin will be at $2k/oz before gold ever is

fuck off with your memecoins

Then you ought to know how I feel about gold reaching $2k/oz

Physical gold is meme-tier, the associated costs are too high. It's like trying to do forex trading through a foreign exchange booth at the airport. If you seriously believe that the sky is going to fall in, then go for it, but somebody will probably show up and take it with a gun if that happens.

Don't be fooled by the goldbugs, they're always going on about how it's going to reach some kind of crazy height. It might grow a bit more, especially if markets go down the shitter, but it's a serious long shot. There are probably plenty of things you can invest in which are just as likely to come good as gold getting to $2000, and will pay out better if they do.

Typically you don't make much on gold historically, it's a hedge against inflation and you're basically buying it at a time when the price is slightly inflated due to some concerns with the global market.

Honestly I prefer silver as it has some industrial use and isn't especially inflated (but it's getting there). I also like gold and quality mining stocks. Much more liquid and you can dump much much quicker when the price starts to drop again.

Saying all that having a fair amount in precious metals is essential IMO in any well balanced portfolio because typically when equities starts to drop and when there is instability or uncertainty precious metals prices go up. So its a largely a hedge against volatility and inflation. Come in with the understanding that unless you time things right you're not going to make much on gold.

Brexit prompted me to buy AUY. hasn't let me down yet. Forecast is good up through 2017, but I don't know about holding that long.

You're late to the gold party, but early to the Trumpcoin party. Choose wisely.

>grow

thats not how gold works

you buy gold as a hedge, so that if ALL your other investments (ie the ones that are supposed to make money) go to shit and fiat money collapses (ie greece) then you have a back up that can be traded for a currency or product that still has value.

sometimes you can make a modest profit, but thats not really what you should be doing with gold.

>Physical gold is meme-tier

go learn the definition of "meme" you retarded fuck.

again, you dont buy physical gold to turn around and sell it, you buy it because it retains its value when everything else is going to shit and its easy to store forever.

you should also point out that many firms will sell paper for gold they dont physically have, so you might as well be buying currency at an inflated value but without the government backing.

a good portfolio is diversified and should include AT LEAST 5% physical precious metals

I think because Veeky Forums was created as a shitcoin containment board, almost everyone is in the mindset of short term profit making, day trading and "to da moon" which doesn't really work with (physical) precious metals. I would take literally no financial advice from Veeky Forums. EVER. That's not saying there's not actual knowledgeable people here, but they're a grain of sand amongst a vast beach.

I never sold my DOGE. No idea how I let that slip.

>i would take no advice from....

im normally on /k/ and wouldnt take advice from any board except /mu/, and then only because you can at least sample suggestions for free online.

Gold pill me on red, Veeky Forums.
Is it better than black?

Silver is lagging behind gold, so hop onto the train fast! You still won't make as much as if you'd invested in it about half a year ago, but it's still a great investment.

I am not at all into investing and stock markets and whatnot, but would it be a good idea to buy gold from leftover money I have after monthly expenses?
As in, don't put it in the bank but actually 'save' gold and sell it when I am in a pinch for money?

Note: I don't want to profit, I am looking to buy something that I can sell (preferably for a similar or higher price) when I need money,

If world politics gets worse: yes
If world politics gets better: no

That said, world politics looks like it might get shittier, so maybe. That's literally the best analysis you're going to get for gold. Everyone else will tell you the exact same thing, but with fancier words.

>somebody will probably show up and take it with a gun if that happens.
That's retarded. Why would you need gold if you already had a gun? Leave the gold, take food, water, fuel & the like and you're set.

bought one Oz today plus 1 kg silver

Are you talking about stealing it?

Stealing from rich people isn't easy, it's not like a random faggot can get in and out with all the gold/money. You need a (competent) team.

Yes you are too late.

>would it be a good idea to buy gold from leftover money I have after monthly expenses?
Not unless you're willing to sit on it for a long, long time.
>As in, don't put it in the bank but actually 'save' gold and sell it when I am in a pinch for money?
You want silver. You will need money sooner than you think.

No it's going to 1500+..The tape says so