What's the Kekiest thing to have happened in the history of war?

What's the Kekiest thing to have happened in the history of war?

I think the Palestinians win the prize for this one. They built two car bombs but they detonated early, killing only the drivers, because they forgot to set the timers on the bombs for daylight savings time. They won a Darwin Award for it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_world_wonders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_at_Amchitka
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anthropoid
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digby_Tatham-Warter
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
hullwebs.co.uk/content/l-20c/disaster/dogger-bank/voyage-of-dammed.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Bucket
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_world_wonders
>While decrypting and transcribing the message, Halsey's radio officer properly removed the leading phrase, but the trailing phrase looked appropriate and he seems to have thought it was intended and so left it in before passing it on to Halsey,[1] who read it as

>Where is, repeat, where is Task Force Thirty Four? The world wonders.

>"I was stunned as if I had been struck in the face", Halsey later recalled. "The paper rattled in my hands, I snatched off my cap, threw it on the deck, and shouted something I am ashamed to remember", letting out an anguished sob.[12] RADM Robert Carney, Halsey's Chief of Staff (who had argued strongly in favor of pursuing the carriers), witnessed Halsey's emotional outburst and reportedly grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him, shouting "Stop it! What the hell's the matter with you? Pull yourself together!" Recognizing his failure, Halsey sulked in inactivity for a full hour while Taffy 3 was fighting for its life – falsely claiming to be refueling his ships – before eventually turning around with his two fastest battleships, three light cruisers and eight destroyers and heading back to Samar, too late to have any impact on the battle.

That battle where the Austrians killed like 10k of their own dudes was pretty kekky

The Emu War?

The Battle of Karánsebes whoch may or may not have happened. But since it's Austria, i'm leaning towards yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landing_at_Amchitka

US lands to retake an Aleutian island with no japanese presence, still lose 14 men.

>no mention of the Russian Empire's Baltic Fleet which tripped over its own feet all the way to Tsushima before faceplanting into a pile of human shit while a jap farted on its head

i like the 2nd WW1 assassin's story

>At 10:10 am, Franz Ferdinand's car approached and Čabrinović threw his bomb. The bomb bounced off the folded back convertible cover into the street.

>Čabrinović swallowed his cyanide pill and jumped into the Miljacka river. Čabrinović's suicide attempt failed, as the cyanide only induced vomiting, and the Miljacka was only 13 cm deep due to the hot, dry summer. Police dragged Čabrinović out of the river, and he was severely beaten by the crowd before being taken into custody.

that's some yakety sax shit right there

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anthropoid

This has to be a load of kek.

>assassins find the mark
>one tries to shoot the mark, but his weapon fuckin' jams (because it was a Bren SMG)
>mark orders his driver to stop so he could shoot the assassin with his UNLOADED PISTOL
>the other assassin throws a grenade, it misses but explodes, severly wounding not only the mark and his driver, but also wounding the first assassin
>OH WAIT WE HAVE PISTOLS LET'S USE THEM AND MISS
>one escapes on bicycle, the other gets chased into a butcher and shot in the leg but manages to escape
>didn't even get the mark, but he dies a few days later from treatment of the injuries

Heydrich's reaction is hilarious

>driver, stop
>why, we can literally just drive away
>those fuckers tried to assassinate me, fuck them, I'll assassinate them

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digby_Tatham-Warter

Everything about this magnificent son of bitch.

Sten* SMG. The Bren was a light machine gun.
Stens had shitty magazines, and people would often hold the magazine for grip which would apprently make them jam more often.

>A Czech woman and an off-duty policeman went to Heydrich's aid and flagged down a delivery van.
Fucking traitors. What kind of retard helps one of the people that's occupying their country?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident

The US response was about the most ass-painingly retarded thing ever. They fucking called in nuclear-equiped B-52s to guard a guy cutting down a tree.

Next time don't fuck with freedomland.

Women.

>Several of the special forces men also had claymore mines strapped to their chests with the firing mechanism in their hands, and were shouting at the North Koreans to cross the bridge

my fucking sides holy shit Koreans

The entire Paraguayan War.

A dark joke to be sure.

>rangers.gif

I get triggered when people mention this. A landing at an island like that is obviously a very risky thing, wether there are enemies there or not. And certainly if you consider
1. The time period in which it took place
2. That the troops thought there might be enemies on the island
3. Friendly fire

You'd expect a few people to die. In fact if no one died that would have been a miracle.

Fucking this.

hullwebs.co.uk/content/l-20c/disaster/dogger-bank/voyage-of-dammed.htm

>this entire fucking thing

hen.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Bucket

>Be opposing city states in italy 14th
>Have 300 year old hostilities with eachother
>Fucking mondenese soldiers sneak at knight and steal our bucket
>thatisitfuckboy.scroll
>everyone wakes up angry that they did that
>fucking pope is on their side
>get some a force of 7000 freemen
> Against 35k militia that the pope had gathered
>kick their ass in battle
>Get the bucket
> tfw it is missing a rivet

Unit 777
>Terrorist captures plane
>Egyptian special forces strap breaching charges to plane, killing passengers
>Soldiers spray bullets into more passengers
>Snipers gun down fleeing survivors
>57/88 passengers killed

The assassination of Luis Carrero Blanco, Prime Minister of Spain and heir apparent to Franco, by the ETA would make for a comedy movie.
>four ETA agents poising as art students rent a basement apartment on the road that Blanco always drives to church along
>the "artists" start tunneling under the road
>they find out their pickaxes are too big
>one of the members turns out to have claustrophobia
>the dirt turns out to be full of sewage from a leaking sewer pipe
>it takes them a week to dig the tunnel and by the end they're starting to turn green from the sewage gas
>finally the tunnel is done, but Kissinger is visiting Madrid, so they all go to see "The Day of the Jackal" at the movie theater and wait until he leaves town
>finally they set off the bomb, Blanco's Dodge Dart is catapulted 60+ feet into the air, flies over the top of a Jesuit college across the street and lands in a courtyard inside it
>the bombers, disguised as electricians, rush out of their hiding place and tell all the witnesses it was a gas explosion and not to worry, before fleeing the scene
>the police are concerned about the prime minister but initially they think he'd driven out of the area before the explosion because they couldn't find his car

Someone who doesn't want their entire village fucked in the asshole for assassinating a high-ranking official

Some Czechs actually supported the Nazis and considered them liberators. Same as every country, really.