Tomorrow I have an interview for a junior audit position at PWC...

Tomorrow I have an interview for a junior audit position at PWC. I guess you could say their office is in a smaller town. What should I keep in mind?

I don't know bro, you've done well getting an interview for one of the big four, good luck! :)

They'll work you to the bone there op should you get it. Good money but you get 0 social life

Just a heads up

Don't talk about yourself. Just tell them about your experiences in past jobs and if you don't have any work experience then explain your leadership and school work. Dress well and knock out the technical questions. They want to know if you know the basics of the job. Don't sperg out on knowing this or that. It can hurt you.

Tomorrow is my last day with Deloitte. Fuck that H1B indian sweat shop.

Any advise to get a job there? I know the big 4 stop giving a fuck about GPA the past year. Also I love working with those H1B visa workers. They're usually easy to manipulate from experience in my previous work places. Plus the female H1B visa workers are rabid sex demons.

This.
I'm an office bitch at an accounting place, even though it isn't a big4, i am usually the first one to leave at 6pm and most people come in at 8-9am

Any Advice*.
I always misspell that word.

My experience is probably different because I am an IT consultant. Don't really work in auditing or accounting. I got an internship with them and then they offered me full-time when I graduated. Yeah the H1Bs are easy to manipulate but their curry and accents really start to get on my nerves after a while.

In my work place I always leave an hour before closing. I just sneak out but I usually finish my work four hours before I leave. So I don't know why the fuck am just wasting my time during those last four hours. I come in around 8am as well.

I tried so hard to get a job with them in Atlanta for like 2 years.

How shit is it? Where did you work?

What did you do as an IT consultant?

Old roommate is a senior associate at PwC. Be good at excel and your accounting shit. Be prepared to travel A LOT. And know how to drink. Their work socials spend a lot on booze. I got to partake in a few of them (just said I was from assurance).

But yeah, like everyone else said. They work 12-16 hours a day. Hopefully you'll get put on some fun projects in a non-shitty city. Roommate traveled to Detroit every week M-Th for six months.

Worked on a few different projects, but they were all java enterprise web application development.

Seems fun but I see why you hate the curry people. They fucking suck at programming.

Nonsense advice

Technical questions in a staff auditor interview are pretty much unheard of, unless you're going for an experienced rather than entry level position.

You will talk about youself, why you are good for the job, why you like pwc etc. Be enthusiastic, show interest, and make sure you have questions for the interviewer.

Try to get off the interview script by steering the open ended questions away.

The moment you and the interviewer start talking nonsense like their hiking trip last week is when you know you nailed it. Entry level positions especially in big 4 are pretty much a popularity contest. If you seem like a sick cunt and people like you its easy.

I'm applying to PwC as an IS grad, not IT. Am I fucked?

This.

I got a job at Accenture (Shit company btw, moving to a hipster startup in sept), and im 90% sure I got it because the interview turned into a conversation about psychadelic drugs.

The drinking part is oddly true for accounting and IB.

I don't work in a big4, the firm goes out all the time as a group and gets absolutely fucking sloshed. I have family in IB and they go and get drunk with their bosses and coworkers constantly, and with clients it's even more so.

There's a pretty big "Work Hard, Play Hard" aspect to all these finance firms. Pretty Bro.

This is massively true as well. You be friendly, they like you, it won't matter if you came from shit uni or top tier uni. I found there is a massive mix, I was all about prestige, but, when I got in to the workforce there were people from the best unis and people from the worst.

As long as you have some qualification, you're trainable and the HR person likes you/thinks you will get along with clients you will get a job in accounting.

OP, how did it go?

echo what the other anons have said - be the bro people want to spend 12 hours a day with.

dont be a fucking autist. dont be a nerdy asian (yeah alright, we hire the token 1-2 of those). do be the cool bro (dont have to be major jock type, just self confident normal person).

source: am in relatively senior position at a b4

totally agree with this. last grad my team hired (and he comes from literal shit-tier uni) didn't even come through grad programme. just found partners phone no. and called him up and asked to meet

all about that hustle