Is there any historical precedent about teaching people to feel guilt for something they can't control (e.g...

Is there any historical precedent about teaching people to feel guilt for something they can't control (e.g. being born a certain race)?

What could this lead to, based on lessons learnt from history?

nypost.com/2016/07/01/elite-k-8-school-teaches-white-students-theyre-born-racist/

>An elite Manhattan school is teaching white students as young as 6 that they’re born racist and should feel guilty benefiting from “white privilege,” while heaping praise and cupcakes on their black peers.

>Administrators at the Bank Street School for Children on the Upper West Side claim it’s a novel approach to fighting discrimination, and that several other private New York schools are doing it, but even liberal parents aren’t buying it.

My humble take is, that it can only make people into actual racists.

This shouldn't need saying, but please this thread Veeky Forums. The presented current event is only used as an example to drive a discussion of history and its lessons.

You could look at the history of black people before the civil rights era, or even after it.

There are Muslims who are blamed for the actions of people they've never met.

The world is FULL of people like that.

Being blamed on the internet for something is different than being taught it at 6 years old in school.

So they become racist and learn to hate the left.

>Is there any historical precedent about teaching people to feel guilt for something they can't control (e.g. being born a certain race)?
Christianity.

But they're taught that by the "left".

>muslims
>race

Being blamed for an arbitrary genetic similarity and being blamed for a belief system are very different things user

I don't know, which did you listen to more when you were growing up? Your school or the media?

School desu. But I guess that's not the usual.

>but even liberal parents aren’t buying it

(Liberal = leftist in american political jargon)

Marx must be rolling in his grave when proud leftists in the U.S think "privilege" and "wealth" are somehow different things and not at all related.

I was always dubious about the adaptability of capitalism but holy hell it succeeded in selling neoliberal globalist consumerism and feelgood (consumerist) slacktivism as leftism

>Is there any historical precedent about teaching people to feel guilt for something they can't control (e.g. being born a certain race)?
Yes, for being born as sinners for example.

>Marx
Who?

>Is there any historical precedent about teaching people to feel guilt for something they can't control

Christian schools.

>being born as sinners

Yes, it´s called the Original Sin. Thanks, Christianity.

White guilt actually is not the point of White privilege, it's actually a hindrance. google it

Original sin is isn't something anyone but Adam and Eve are responsible or accountable for. It doesn't cause suffering and death throughout creation, but that's not the same thing; Mary did not sin, but she still had a dormition.

What are you talking about? What about those poor black movie stars who don't get as many gold statues as white people? Surely they are victims of institutional racism

Is that not what Christianity teaches? The only "human" who did was sinless was Jesus.

That makes me so sad.

I'm pretty young, I was a little kid not too long ago. We said stuff like "why are your eyes slanty" or "why is your hair yellow" and we didn't mean anything by it, we were just kids. We recognized that we were different but it didn't really matter because and we still played together because, again, we were fucking kindergarteners.

Fuck anyone who tries to force their bullshit politics on six year olds.

There's the excuse why some Crusaders in the First Crusades sacked a bunch of Jews. "You fuckers killed Jesus" was the excuse.

Ever hear of a religion called "Christianity" OP?

>left wing ideology was created by Marx
1. Shut the fuck up, you are an idiot.

2. Who gives a shit about Marx anymore. Communism was always destined to fail. Should never even been given the dozen chances it has.

3. You only pretend to like Marx because the in group in the west doesn't like it and you really, dearly want to be a special snowflake. (Or you're some deluded Chinese postsr who still think China is communist in more than name only)

>Is there any historical precedent about teaching people to feel guilt for something they can't control
What the fuck is Christianity?

>sincerely pushing the white privilege meme

Why is Veeky Forums such a garbage board? Could it be because its mods are retarded fuckups? I think so.

Racist.

Vote Hitllery.

I blame the lack of a /rel/ board

It's not like containment boards work without active mods/jans who ban and delete threads that are off topic.

With or without a /rel/ board, if we have shitty cleanup here, it won't change things.

In sociology, white people in white dominant countries are born "racist" because you benefit from the power structures of being white which means you basically dominate all other races and have far better chance of life straight from the get go.

Just like if you are in China and you are born Han, you get racist privileges that let you shit on hundreds of millions of other people in China who are not Han.

Racism is academia refers too power structures. Bigotry refers too peoples own personal views and personal actions.

it's not the best thing in the world, but there needs to be a separation between when you are talking about power structures and personal bigotry so in Academia, Racism has a different meaning than what it does in every day speech.

Also I doubt these kids were told "YOU ARE ALL RACIST", probably "you all benefit from racist insitutional power structures" and the parent or whatever who saw this got butthurt.

Yeah, all those evil 6 year olds need to be told that.

Slap yourself.

While some groups are always going to be privileged, how do you know how privileged a group is?
According to some people George Zimmerman and Darrren willson was only left off the hock because of their race ((Zimmerman seeming to be able to switch race)) and according to others they weren't.
According to some people the police target black civilians, and according to others it's the opposite way around.

> (OP)
>
>Just like if you are in China and you are born Han, you get racist privileges that let you shit on hundreds of millions of other people in China who are not Han.
Actually if you're born Uyghur, Mongol, Hui... You get some privileges thanks to affirmative action

>try to teach complex shit to kids
>kids simplify and misunderstands
>tells it to parents
>parents misunderstand and simplify
>tells it to media
>media misunderstands and simplify
>tells it to OP

Literally filtered to the 4th degree of retard

not an argument

DESU as Veeky Forums boards go it's pretty average.

True. Everyone that went to Catholic school came out despising Christianity. Basically, these retarded liberals are creating tomorrow's Nazis.

It should be pointed out that;

“Bank Street College of Education is a private, nonprofit educational institution located in Manhattan, New York City.”

It should also be pointed out;

“On Tuesday, January 21, 2014, Suransky announced that he would depart the New York City Department of Education to become the president of Bank Street College of Education, his alma mater. He is the first alumnus of Bank Street to serve as its president. Suransky will oversee the evolution of Bank Street's model, protecting its traditions and values while adapting to emerging issues in education. Suransky’s parents were Jewish.”

Yes, one historical precedent was racism against descendants of Muslim 'conversos' in early modern Spain. Another was discrimination against blacks in the US. Another is anti-Semitism. It happens depressingly often in history.

White Guilt can only be tolerated by PoC when they shut up and use it to defer to them in every single facet of life

And don't forget, the 4th July is a racist holiday

>Is there any historical precedent

This phrase is just used to have political threads on this board. Fuck off

>triggered

I don't like SJWs or white guilt nonsense either but that's what /pol/ is for