The Romans were a Nordic people. Why are people trying to hide this fact?

The Romans were a Nordic people. Why are people trying to hide this fact?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=auCoZq13VL8
dienekes.awardspace.com/articles/hellenes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy#Migration_Y-DNA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquiline_nose
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WE

>The Romans were a Nordic people.
[citation needed]
>Why are people trying to hide this fact?
[citation needed]
Pretty lame and lazy bait.
Are you proud of yourself?

WUZ

ROMANS

>MUH NOSES
1. Italian people are white, the darker ones are an exception but seem to be a stereotype
2. They have long noses, it's literally called the Roman nose

I don't even understand why someone would use this picture to make that point.
The two don't even look the same.

Left has pointy ears, right has rounded ears.
Left has sharper eyes, right has rounder eyes.
Right has a longer and pointier nose.
Left has a big forehead, right has a small forehead.
Left has has a bigger, longer jaw which make a round curve. Right a small jaw which almost goes straight from the ear to the chin.

Why can't nordic people accept that fact that civilization started from the south and went north.
I can accept that much before the romans existed, there were already people writting books in Mesopotamia.

how many times must we make this thread

Most of the nordicists are probably shitposters or naziboos
The non-finnish nordic countries have like 20 million people combined which is not nearly enough for this constant stream of retardatio

Its white Americans who think they're Nordic, or its Germans pissed off at the EU
Nobody else cares

>it's white americans with german and scandinavian ancestry

ftfy

Are they the same as the 1/32 Cheeherroke Amseicans?

>Thirty centuries of history allow us to look with supreme pity on certain doctrines which are preached beyond the Alps by the descendants of those who were illiterate when Rome had Caesar, Virgil and Augustus.

Race? It is a feeling, not a reality. >Ninety-five per cent, at least. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today.… National pride has no need of the delirium of race.

STORMFAGS BLOWN THE FUGG OUT

!Yea Great Granny was from Scandi! I'm a true norseman viking!
Biologically pure racists dont exist whatsoever, even isolated tribes show considerable admixture

in OP's image, I would say the left looks more like someone from northern central europe, and the right looks like someone from the north spain/south france/north italy region, similar to a basque. I spent a lot of time looking at regional features in school. I don't know if that's the origins of the people modeled, though.

Cause Nordic people are Eastern, and Nordic people are trying to hide that fact.

you know those quotes are just made up right? the book is based on the word of his secretary going by her memory

>made up
>out of her memory
Any reasons to think she didn't remember it correctly?

it's bait you retard

Nordic = Balding

Romans were actually Slavonic people. Haven´t you saw the pic when they compare Putin and Ceasar?

>even isolated tribes show considerable admixture

No, they don't. What the fuck is with all these dumbass red.dit far left posters coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden?

The original ones descended from farmers from anatolia with a little bit of celt and a lot more of greek

that statue come from the late period , in the late period romans were heavily mixed

>No, they don't.

Yes they do...

no
romans were IE

Yes they do, completely. Nothing to do with politics

stop

The first one, you have here:
youtube.com/watch?v=auCoZq13VL8

The second quote is apparently from a 1932 book "Talks with Mussolini"

Nah it's actually a pretty big margin for most white people in the midwest and northwest, mostly because of all those german and scandi immigrants back in the 1880's and early 1900's

Of course the farther west we go you start getting people with more diverse bloodlines

take me for an example: german, english, scottish, spanish, italian, polish, romanian, russian, ashkenazi and native. It's kind of a hassle to muster up any muh heritage when there's literally too much of it, so I just consider myself american

u stop fool

romans no turks

Jew

t. Sven

But augustus was described as blue eyes and fair hair and mild complexion. That's nordic as fuck

Jokes on you im uncut

>uncut jew

Well now I've heard everything, does it have any effect on your jewery?

No, Nordic is a particular race, which is a near equal mix of the aboriginal I1 and Aryan* R1b/R1a invaders.

The progenitors of Roman culture were Aryans, but not Nordic. They were probably more light-skinned than modern Italians, due to modern Italians descending (partly) from nearby African and Arab populations.

So there IS some truth to Romans being white, or at least Caucasian, by today's standards, but they were certainly not Nordic.

*Yes, Aryan is the correct word. I won't use "Indo-European" because "Aryan" is such a scary word. Grow up.

I'm a poor working class rural guy that hangs out with rednecks and white trash. Favorite hobbies are smoking weed and meth, shooting guns and muddin

I find it funny that Stormfags (OP might be baiting, but there are plenty of retards who believe this shit) are basically using the exact same argument as those 'black Olmec' people.

Aryan is actually the wrong word though. You just make yourself look stupid using it outside of India and Iran, which I guess is appropriate considering that 'African and Arab' bullshit.

No, it is not. Look at books about Indo-Europeans from before WW2. They all use Aryan, because they recognized that these were the same peoples that invaded India, as described in the Vedas (where they are named Aryans). I have no emotional attachement to the word, the meaning is the same, I just hate that we let ONE regime in Germany ruin how we talk about the past.

And my comment about Africans and Arabs IS true. Ancient Greeks and Romans were not as swarthy as today. Again, I don't care, but these are the facts. In the Iliad, nearly every character description is a fair-haired and blue eyes person. Achillevs actually did have light hair.

They need to combine europeans did everything with south europeans are not really european.

But this is just a bait thread.

WE

(Also sage)

Why would you deliberately use outdated scholarship? Modern scholars recognise that the people who called themselves 'Aryans' were Central Asian tribes who broke off from the Proto-Indo-European population and migrated into India and Iran. Calling all Indo-Europeans 'Aryan' is wrong for the same reason that calling all Indo-Europeans 'Celts' is wrong.

As for the race of the Ancient Greeks, this disproves most of the lies about them; dienekes.awardspace.com/articles/hellenes/
Most of the same shit applies to the Romans.

>Aryan is the correct word. I won't use "Indo-European" because "Aryan" is such a scary word.

They're both wrong you idiot.

Europeans all look the same to me. some a bit darker than the other

You know the Iliad is fanfiction right?

What about hair colors?

Much less so than the Aeneid though. That was Sputnik-tier propaganda, although beautifully written

Europeans are genetically close to each other they form a clearly defined cluster. Braindead nordicists and jewish trolls should fuck off

AY YO HOL UP
*smacks mouth*
YOU FINNA
*shuffles feet*
YOU FINNA SAY
*drinks beer*
HOL UP
*drinks even more beer*
YOU TRYNA
*collapses in a drunk haze*
YOU TRYNA SAY
*Persecutes religious minorities*
YOU TRYNA FINNA SAY
*Worships trees*
HOL UP
*burns witches*
YOU TRYNA SAY
*commits genocide*
WE WUZ
*loses territory to France*
AY HOL UP
*invents welfare state*
YOU FINNA SAY
*sacks the center of the civilized world*
WE WUZ EMPERS 'N SHIET?
*forms a confederation that's neither holy nor roman nor an empire*

AND

>tfw Prussia is now inhabited by subhuman slavniggers

No it's not. The Germans were kicked out after WW2 remember?

Remember the next your say Southern Europeans aren't white
>you're saying Romans aren't white
>you're saying Greeks aren't white
>you're saying the reconquistadors aren't white
>you're saying the people that started the age of exploration weren't white
>you're saying that Spain and Portugal, the countries where the Pope had to split the world east and west for these two countries to share aren't white
>you're saying the renaissance started in nonwhite countries
>you're saying that the most beautiful people in the world aren't white
>you're saying the tastiest cuisine in the world is nonwhite
lazy, stinky, smelly Germanics BTFO. When will they learn?

they were Mediterranean you fucking troglodyte

It's funny because in hundreds of portraits we have of ancient Romans light eyes are extremely rare, even though they used the color blue frequently for other things. Italians today have some 30% light eyes so it's strange that they were so uncommon back then. Maybe Germanic slaves plus Germanic invaders ended up bleaching the local population.

>Having a big nose now is a Nordic trait

Even though all genetic evidence we have shows that between the Roman era and the 60s, the Italian genome has barely changed. The biggest change took place in Sicily and even there its negligible.

Wir waren Könige und Scheiße!

It was common to use the terms "blonde" and "fair" to describe light brown hair or olive skin, since most people in the region were darker. Blue eyes are not absurdly uncommon in meds but it is rare. Same thing with truly blonde hair. These traits aren't exclusive to Germanic people, just more common.

Besides, both the Romans and Greeks prided themselves on their shorter stature and swarthy appearance. The ghastly pale barbarians to the north were basically considered niggers.

SHIET

>Why are people trying to hide this fact?
>this fact

lmao

dienekes.awardspace.com/articles/hellenes/

I'll even say north "europeans" aren't really white, but pink. If white they're for sure a lesser stock, only able to copy and maybe sometimes upgrade like the east asians.

[citation needed]

>The ghastly pale barbarians to the north were basically considered niggers.
>ghastly pale

????

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_history_of_Italy#Migration_Y-DNA

>Migrations that occurred on Italian soil from the fall of the Western Roman Empire until 1000 AD have probably not significantly altered the gene pool of the Italian people.[11][page needed] Despite the lengthy Goth and Lombard presence in Italy, it is estimated that the I1 haplogroup associated with the Germanic peoples is only present among Italians in the north in the order of 2-3% and from 1 to 1.5% among Italians in the south.[11]

Here you go, my 100% Germanic friend.

its always been a nordic trait, as well as every other trait on that statue

Read this my friend

>It was common to use the terms "blonde" and "fair" to describe light brown hair or olive skin,

[citation needed] I'm pretty sure they were quiet specific, referring to blonde hair as flaxen, yellow or straw

>since most people in the region were darker.

[citation needed]

>short forehead
>weak jaw
>bog standard Roman nose

In comparison anyway.

You know what that "big nose" is called? An Aquiline nose.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquiline_nose

It comes from the LATIN word aquilinus because it was such a common trait among ROMANS.

>Although the aquiline nose is found among people from nearly every area of the world, it is generally associated with and thought to be more frequent in certain ethnic groups originating from Southern Europe, South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and the Horn of Africa.

If we want to draw retarded conclusions from that picture, then it's not "the Romans were nordic", but "the Nordic master race ideal is actually Latin".

The nose knows.

those women are darker skinned then most mediterranean people

its a long, acquiline jaw line, so its still nordic. Nordids are depigmented Mediterranids

see

Those women have spraytan. Swedes are naturally pale.

>believing in the concept of race
>believing in racial purity
>believing in 'blood'
>believing nose, jaw line etc. determine race
>believing races were isolated from each other until recently
>believing there is such a thing as 'white'
wew lad

the pseudo-science itt is amazing

im glad people with actual influence stopped believing these things a long time ago

>mfw people unironically believe this and then bash niggers for thinking WE WUZ KINGZZZ

What is it with white nationalists and extreme cognitive dissonance?

Your average greek man is darker. Those girls probably use a tanning booth or something similar. Swedes are pretty damn white if they don't try to get some color.

Greeks

>Swedes are pretty damn white if they don't try to get some color.

please, show me some pretty damn white swedes, because I've never seen them before. Even if those girls used tanning booths, slavs and western europeans can't tan that well.

>Your average greek man is darker.

not according to google images and muh youtube travel documentaries. Most greek people I've seen have pretty white skin with an olive hue

Italian Greeks

>aquiline jaw line

You're just making shit up now. Although I should expect nothing less from someone who uses bullshit terms like "mediterranid".

More Greeks

Are you serious my man.

Romans

African-Americans and Germans are actually quite a like.
>Both have spent centuries "oppressed" by their betters (Latins and the honorary Latin British)
>Both have very little in the way of a unified and impressive history
>Both of them have a historical inferiority complex
>Both of them claim the achievements of others as theirs in hopes of elevating themselves as the "true" superior race

their tans do look fake, but the color is the same as whats acheivable by nords naturally, pic related. Their spray tan is barely any darker then a germanic person is normally, without getting any sun. I doubt pic related has been sun baking.

And here are some Greeks.

I gotta admit, "Swedes are actually darker" is a new one.

Romans

Should have said 'Romans depicting Greeks'

>You're just making shit up now.

ok, feel free to explain how that statue's jaw line isn't acquiline

> Although I should expect nothing less from someone who uses bullshit terms like "mediterranid".

>The Mediterranean race (also Mediterranid race) is one of the sub-races into which the Caucasian race was categorized by most anthropologists in the late nineteenth to mid-twentieth centuries.[1]

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediterranean_race

Kek she's literally chinese.

More Romans depicting Greeks

More Romans

I've personally found that a lot of Scandinavian women tend to look like that, kind of "mongloid" but not entirely. That's why I don't get the hype surrounding Scandinavian women. Southern European women are much more attractive in my opinion, especially if they have dark hair but light eyes.

Aquilinw jaw seems to be a term that doesn't exist. Nose I've heard of, jaw no. Explain to me the characteristics of an aquiline jaw and how it differs from a German one or whatever the fuck.

>outdated and discredited racial "science"

Yeah exactly, bullshit terminology.

the girls just have an average skin color for white girls, they aren't pretty damn white. Pretty damn white would be like dakota and ellie fanning, thats how I would imagine pale skinned scandinavians to look like ,except pale skinned scandinavians don't exist. And that guy is just ginger, and his skin is ruddy anyway.

Pic related is "pretty damn white"

Aquiline means eagle-like, an aquiline nose is somewhat reminiscent of an eagle beak. What is an "aquiline jaw" supposed to be?