What are some Veeky Forums approved cars? What do you show up in when you meet with clients and business partners?

What are some Veeky Forums approved cars? What do you show up in when you meet with clients and business partners?

The best vehicle is a vehicle you can afford even if you were say lose your job for half a year or even better you already own it outright.

Otherwise you are just nigger rich.

One that gets you from point a to point b.

>mfw Veeky Forums is poor near me

my trusted toyota tercel.

Nissan shitbox I got by sucking a guys dick

This isn't /poorfag general/

2015 x6m

There is more to this question. I work at a real estate developer. No one who meets clients ever buys a brand that is percieved as 'top end'. Everyone buys a high spec normal brand car.
If you rock up with a shit box no one would take you seriously.
If you rock up with something too high end, they think you are going to rip them off.
You need to get a car with some percieved value, and take good care of it... something the client could see themselves being able to afford if they 'wanted' too.

In other words, no new mercs or bmws. A couple of year old audi, or lexus, top spec gm or ford sedan.

You can keep a nicer car for weekends.

Lexus is the official real estate car.

bump

>BMW or Merc

Anything else lower is either pleb tier, and anything more exotic makes you look like a cashed up manchild (which would be okay if you had $500mil+ AKA mega rich). Mercs and BMWs look mature while also being sporty enough to be exciting.

>spending more than you need to on a depreciating asset
Fucking consumers. Stay poor, plebs.

Pontiac sunfire

Cheap, reliable.

This.

BMW M4/ Audi S5 for a mid 20s - early 30s male.
Mercedes E class or at least C class for 35 and up. No more than 2 years old if buying used.

You gotta look like the person to whom they should write the check kiddos.

Stay tasteless

>hurr durr muh clients
im not a prostitute
no one cares what I drive

This.

Unless your job is MLM scammer then no one gives a fuck.

People judge you more by how you talk, look and dress rather than the car he drives where he needs to go in. A beater gets you to work or the store just as fast as a porsche 911

What is the point of a sports car that can go 300 km/h when you're stuck in traffic right next to Honda Civics and other shitty carS?

Found the teenager.

Appearances matter, especially when dealing with other people. You'll realize this once you grow up kid

If anything you're the teenager pretending to be some richfag with important business clients.

The way you speak, look and dress is far more important than your car. Who actually looks at someone's car? It's a retarded "investment", in fact it's not even an investment, it's a liability, a rapidly deprecating asset.

This here, it's the best business partner/client vehicle I've ever purchased. Industry : Fishing/Logging in AK

Cars aren't supposed to be investments. I never said they were. You're pulling that out of your ass.

And people judge you, whether you like it or not. If you are trying to sell your product or service to someone and you show up in a rusted beater in sandals and stained T-shirt, it's going to influence their decision.

I work in human programming and the car says you know what you're doing and have no limits. It also gives them an excuse to be "more sensible" with what they want, and I respect that because what they really want is the fearlessness that comes with buying a car that likes to go sideways for funsies.

>What is the point of a sports car that can go 300 km/h when you're stuck in traffic right next to Honda Civics and other shitty carS?
Controlling pure desire. That and it's nature's KY.

>you show up in a rusted beater in sandals and stained T-shirt, it's going to influence their decision

What if I show up in a beater but in a nice suit and look much better than them?

Also I'm a freelancer, no one ever sees my car anyway.

>the car says you know what you're doing and have no limits

True that makes a lot of sense. You're really smart.

So the guy who took out a really expensive lease to drive an expensive car really shows he knows what he's doing and has no limits? I suppose that makes a lot of sense.

I guess the guy who's $10k in credit card debt and has a rolex is also a true professional who knows what he's doing.

So just to be clear.

if I rent out a lamborghini avendator for a day and I rent a tuxedo, all of a sudden I'm a successful businessman who will get tons of clients interested?

Seems smarter to just rent the car for whenever you need to meet your "clients" rather than buy it then.

All of my co workers are driving 2010+ cars while my boss shows up in a beat up 2002 Mercedes. Looks don't matter all that much, especially when 90 percent of the time those cars are being used to go somewhere to work for someone else.

My clients come to me and a corolla sitting out in the parking lot doesn't inspire confidence. The problem is that you immediately go for an extreme in your incredibly reductive example and not an SLK or even one of those Nür tuned Cadillacs.

Instead of presenting valid points in a productive manner, you instead highlight your ignorance and if polls here are any indication, poorfag mindset. You assume that because you think one way, that is the only way anyone else can think.

Ignoring all of that, most people with the money buy a car because they want to. If they were doing it for status or driving pleasure, they wouldn't be getting BMWs.

Makes sense.

So is a poorfag with an expensive lease he can barely afford a better and more convincing businessman? I'll keep that in mind, was looking at a watch to buy for $200 but now that you mention it I might just max out my credit cards and deal with the interest later and get myself a submariner so I can look good for all my important Business Contacts at my freelance programming job.

What is up with you and leasing? Is the possibility of paying for shit upfront in cash not something you can comprehend because neither you nor anyone you know has ever been capable of it? Seriously, take your slave morality and choke on it.

You're making the claim that if you see someone with a nice car they must be rich and thus "exert confidence" or whatever.

But the fact of the matter is most such cars are leased. So do you ask the person if they bought it upfront or not to determine your confidence?

Also what the fuck is "human programming"?

>Is the possibility of paying for shit upfront in cash not something you can comprehend because neither you nor anyone you know has ever been capable of it?

Everyone I know that has that kind of spare cash would rather invest it into index funds or spend it on a vacation or something cool instead of buying a rapidly deprecating asset.

I'm making the claim that people, especially those that pretend to be above such petty things, judge you by your shit and that there are myriad unconscious cues that your shit sends them.

>Also what the fuck is "human programming"?
I joke, I do IO psychology consulting and hypnotherapy.

Buying a car is no worse than a vacation. For those that like them, going for a jaunty drive is a vacation. Most of us like to live safely, the rest have a different idea of fun. Both are equally valid.

Where did you go on a "comfy ride"?

In my city the traffic is constantly clogged, you're actually better off taking public transit to get somewhere.

I would feel like an idiot sitting in an expensive car in traffic next to a bunch of shitty cars.

Do speed limits not apply to expensive sports cars? I forgot about that

THE OFFICIAL CAR OF Veeky Forums

You are a fucking poorfag who needs to stop browsing this board of you can't afford this.

I go ten minutes away and tear up the mountain passes and country roads. I work where the rich live and live even further out because it's cheaper.

>I would feel like an idiot sitting in an expensive car in traffic next to a bunch of shitty cars.
Who cares what they think? It's either "nice car" or "heh he has to be stuck here like us even though his car goes fast" and then I just feel sorry for them because that's a really sad thing to feel smug about. I'd be more worried about my taste in music if I didn't get over that years ago.

>Do speed limits not apply to expensive sports cars?
I specialize in fucking with heads, so no.

Just make sure your car is clean and presentable.

You can write off car washes as business expenses.

Ok you've converted me.

I'm going to buy the most expensive car I can afford next month, with very expensive parts.

Jokes on you, I drive a miata. They finally made it sexy. After I sold a little old SL mercedes for more than I bought it for (talk about expensive parts), I've been waiting on a good GT car to catch my eye, but it's just the miata and a truck until then.

>miata

Thas gay yo

>miata
Fucking poorfag gtfo

wow poorfag everyone thinks you're poor when you show up in a miata

All this time you were projecting about the "people judge you by your appearance"?

They finally made it a really aggressive kind of gay. Like a samurai.

Is it poorfag if you cut a check for the whole thing?

The old farts talk about the british roadsters they owned and regret selling back in the day, anyone into cars loves it, women (my main clientele) can't get enough of it and if there's anyone else, I've never had the displeasure of interacting with them. Besides, when I go out of town for seminars and contract work, I rent something big and american to fit crap in.

Wow you are so poor. If I saw someone drive up in a miata to try and impress me I would laugh in his face. Get a fucking decent sportscar or dont get one at all.

>not purchasing cars that make a great daily driver, are unique and appreciate in value

I buy with my dick and my dick hasn't said yes to anything these past couple years. BMWs are boring, mercs are like driving a condom, a corvette is getting there but I'm holding out for the next model or two, I almost a volvo for lelz, saab isn't in business and I'm not an architect. I might go vintage again, but the market isn't where I'd like it. I'm thinking an alfa, but I do have places to be most days.

>I buy with my dick
Do you have a limp dick?

VW Passat, just classy enough without being over the top.

After the DeTomaso, yes.

Discount 911

slammed genesis coupe on 20's with chrome lips
my boss makes fun of me except when we're doing inspections in the more economically depressed areas, where he says I fit right in

My thoughts are that its one of the best looking cars on the road at any one time, the handling at speed is fantastic and the ownership costs are non existent since I already paid if off and its a Hyundai for chrissakes.

Meanwhile my boss drives an S package Audi A4 2.0, like a base model with a fascia upgrade that probably costs thousands extra and pays out the ass every month for what? new car smell?

It looks nothing like a boxter.

Although discount 911s are a great way to make a very subtle statement for less than a new honda and one I often recommend to people I find ambitious but boring.

I learned to drive in that exact make and model. '85.

It was a piece of shit.

what is your favorite vape flavor?

A coon-mobile.

Enrique suavay.

BMW R1200GS Adventure.

Gets around LA quick and I always get good compliments.

Veeky Forums here

the ideal car for Veeky Forums would be something "classless".
not something without class (like a civic with a fartcannon and a wing) but something versatile that can fit in any environment.

My candidate would be a Golf GTI, you'd look perfectly presentable rolling up wearing a suit to meet a client somewhere or just going out for a drink with your friends.

They're easy on the wallet and comfortable to live with. Other cars that also do this well are Mini Coopers, Chevrolet Suburbans/Tahoes (if you need something big) etc.

a tercel is efficient, humble, easy to maintain. there is nothing wrong with tercels, i have a 67 camaro ss parked next to it.

>he drives a c class Mercedes

>These are the folks you share a board with

All you need is a car that looks normal, an undamaged used car is perfectly fine. If you're one of the best at whatever it is you do no one is going to care what you drive.

No that looks like a minivan.

1) But you can't afford it.
2) At which moment it was decided as "official" car of Veeky Forums?
3) Not being able to afford a 300k car is not equivalent of being a poorfag. It is equivalent of not being upper 1% class.

A jaguar F-type or Porsche Cayenne

Pic related, Cayenne

Oh that car is total shit you can easily remove the headlights without opening the hood

That doesn't make a car bad desu senpai

it's also ugly as shit and I've only seen trophy wives drive it so I assume it's a car for cucks

Marauder

>easy to maintain
>shows character taste and uniqueness
>American as fuck, so they know you won't jew them.

our company hands out A4's too all customer facing staff

most of the time you see the profit episodes marcus is driving shitty economical cars he rented.

investing in a car is a fucking waste of money. every richfag know this for a fact.
most of the richfags dont drive to their meetings so they can deduct logistics easily from taxes and look proffesional. anyway most of the time you are closing contracts you are not in your hometown, hell not even in your country.

AE86 if you're bringing tofu samples to potential clients in a speedy and efficient manner down toegays.

That's not how you spell Audi.

this is the right answer

>Porsche
>SUV

Kek

>I drive a miata

Disregarding everything you said, what a ton of fucking shit

I have a 2017 Porsche Macan, I like it

an 2004 SLK mercedes
Classy/sporty and convertible.
You can buy one in good shape for about 9k with less than 150,000 KM on its hood

You realize a majority of your purchase is a donation, right?

this desu, only correct answer

only good response ITT

>What are some Veeky Forums approved cars?

Cheap, beater cars that can be repaired quickly and DIY.

Yeah, but what happens when it breaks down every month?

douchebag written all over it.

then you suck at buying second hand cars.
its so easy, just learn a bit about cars and you can point the shitty ones out out

>BMW
Literally Pleb tier, every wannabe rich nigger or slav drives a 10 year old 3-series filled with other nigs or slavs. Audi or Merc is the way to go.

this desu, also which fedoras do you prefer the most?

niggs don't drive bmw, niggs drive nissan or mitsubishi

Now, I want to add to this post. I would also suggest an Audi A3, or the Merc A-class (The new model) as well

>What is Europe
>What is Bongland

jelly beta virgin written all over it

that sounds good, along with bmw 5-series or mercedes C/E-class. nothing fancy to show off, but no shitboxes either. obviously only if you can comfortably afford it

>Luxury/exotic vehicle
>SUV

What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

It costs like 100k, of course its luxury