Interview for a Grocery store job in a few days. Any suggestions to really stand out and kickass?

Interview for a Grocery store job in a few days. Any suggestions to really stand out and kickass?

Look as poor as possible, like you really need the job.

>Look as poor as possible, like you really need the job.

I think that's a bad idea. isn't being needy off-putting, at a minimum of a subconcious level?

Bump

Brush up on some of their top merchandise so that you can sound informed. Make sure to be able to tell them about the latest line of products coming from Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew

This is why I come to Veeky Forums. To listen to the movers and shakers of our day.

Id rather hire a poor person than a rich person. A rich person wont care as much if he gets fired

It's a grocery store.

Look and act like you just walked out of leave it to beaver. Christian, all American, and not a fuck up.

Well yeah but I want to stand out compared to other applicants

Just be yourself

aka don't do anything you wouldn't want someone to do if you interviewed them.

This is a bad idea

Yes it can show that you're desperate, but at the same time it says that you probably have too much going on in your life (late for work cause bus is off schedule/smell bad cause no soap or water got cut again/etc).

t. guy that got a job as a delivery driver three days after applying, while there were stacks of applications on his desk.

then again I laminated my application which threw him off completely (as he said)

reminds me

new guy came in high on his second day

don't do that

lost lots of pizzas that day
guy just stood there watching it fall out of the oven

Top kek. Sounds like something id do

what position is it? if its something higher up like a middle manager you should probably know how to present yourself already.

If its a minimum-wage-slave job, why the fuck is there even an interview?

That will set you apart these days.

The standard now is lazy, tattooed, pot smoking, entitled, ear gauged, fat, retard.

If this isn't a troll:

Walk in.
Don't smell like cigarettes.
Don't look homeless.
Speak English.
Ask for a job.

And you'll get it.

I pass all of those m8 but I reckon the other applicants do too.

How exactly can I stand out and be a more attractive candidate?

offer to blow the interviewer

What if they are female?

Go in a jolly green giant costume

they will hire you on the spot

Give bananas to whomever is interviewing you.

Job market sucks here, OP. I had to take a less than desirable position but the pay is decently high since they give 5k a year for college.

I'm trying to work my way up to something better.

ALSO, OP, believe in yourself and invest into a project that can make money on a market.

Bribe them if they hire you and take then on a date

Kek

kek, I can just picture it now
>that's just the way she goes

>If its a minimum-wage-slave job, why the fuck is there even an interview?
This is what I'll never understand. What's the purpose of he interview? Anything they ask about yourself and life goals aren't even relevant.

Turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Working at a supermarket fucking sucks. Keep applying to other jobs, fake your resume.

I hope it's Whole Foods, or something equivalent.

Talk about some details in the company, how you bought some stock and shit and give them some numbers.

Criminally underrated post.