Hey biz which one should I start with

Hey biz which one should I start with

Dale Carnegie book - changed my life. Followed by power.

Dang, in what way may I ask?

intelligent investor is fairly trash unless you're going to actually become a financial estate planner on wall street.

art of the deal is the only one that isn't awful

This book meme shit is getting annoying

Dale's book first.

same guy from lit?

fuck off with your buzzword you autistic dweeb and actually say something worth more than your shitty existence

tfw memes become reality

wew

No, you fuck off and quit shitting up the board with fucking book threads. If you think you're going to get rich off reading a fucking book, then you're a delusional idiot who's already failed in life.

Kill yourself

If you are a fucking autist I recommend reading Dale's book, I got half way into it before realize I already knew this shit and did it everyday. Don't waste your time if you aren't austimo

>48 laws of power
>trash

why are there so many weak and insecure people on Veeky Forums lately

logically explain why it means I am insecure

Power is the best, short succint and to the point if you just read the chapters rather than the long background/historical notes

>>you're a delusional idiot who's already failed in life.
>>kill yourself

Projecting this hard

HTWFAIP is a good book, not because what he says is profound or earth shattering, but because it made me realize how many phonies out there use his tactics, and don't actually give a shit about what you have to say.

what a sad and retarded perspective

>Buying shilling books
How about none?

>the people who read will be the ones who fail at life

typically left wing people (w&i) cannot confront the reality of dark triad strategies and if they can, they denounce it as 'nonsense' and try as hard as they can to deter others from discovering them

now logically explain why the 2 books are trash

I've the fours. Read none yet. Monitoring the thread.

>"48 laws of power"

Really relaxing book to read, beware of some minor historical inaccuracies though.

For example, saying that Hideyoshi was emperor should not be possible in a bestseller among other things.

Only haven't read Trump's book, can't do much wrong with the other ones. If you're autistic how to win friends should help you a lot.

You can get most of these at used book stores for $3 each (then also other people have written notes/underlined etc). Some of them do repeat shit and say things that you should all ready be doing unless you're retarded but its still nice to read and reaffirm that you're doing things the right way.

OP out of books up there I've only read HTWF but some things are helpful in it. It reminds you on things to do in social interactions and gives you stories of men who have applied this and it has made their lives better so its an easy quick read.

48 laws of power is entertaining, but it's also a bit silly, especially if you listen to the audiobook.

the information is useful, especially for being aware of how people may operate against you. i know he says that not taking it seriously is a mistake, but you can't take it too seriously. it's fedoracore to live by the code in every moment.

Trump inherited a real estate empire from his grandfather. What does he know?

I just bought the three books by Peter Lynch, the intelligent investor, how to make money in stocks, trade your way to financial freedom and way of the turtle. Going to buy the market wizards series after i've read these.

2/10

It's easy to turn an estate into complete trash. It's difficult to turn it into a billion dollar business. Go home poor nigger.

None of the above.

Watch Encino Man starring Brendan Fraser. It's all you'll ever need to know about business.

Nice try. 3/10

>Trump
Rich daddy set him up, didn't beat the market average, detached from reality in his ivory tower. Not going to be accurate information.

>48 laws of power
One law tells you to hire your enemies then another tells you to crush your enemies, the reasoning behind most are spurious, based on hearsay or incidental evidence and probably depend more on the situation rather than being like the laws of physics. Warren Buffett has been friends with Charlie Munger for decades without stabbing him in the back as the book suggests, there are many cliques and cartels where members trust each other and gain a strong advantage in business. Anyone can be amoral, it is not difficult, that isn't useful information.

If you want to make a genuine effort to become a millionaire you can't afford to waste time on bullshit. You can read them for amusement, but they are full of memes so I wouldn't take them seriously.

Exactly this.

48 Laws, although not -complete- garbage, is not based on any scientific studies, but rather on anecdotes. While that doesn't necessarily mean that the "laws" are false, the fact remains that the "laws" are not based on anything verifiable, but just on "I think that X because it happened for Y person at Z time".

there is no scientific study that can tell you how you should live your life. philosophy is useful. science goes strait to the garbage,

>Rich daddy set him up, didn't beat the market average, detached from reality in his ivory tower. Not going to be accurate information.
That estimate only holds if you estimate Trump spending to be zero. Pro tip: His spending isn't zero. Turning a million dollars into multiple billions is an achievement.

science most certainly help you decide a moral and lifestyle choice framework

This

It's the equivalent of starting with one dollar and ending up with several million

This guy knows whats up

"ILL HELP YOU GET RICH"-bloggers shill that shit because of amazon affiliates. But that doesn't mean that it will help you in any way of form. Action is what creates results.

the idea is not to use the laws yourself dumdum, the idea is to be aware of the techniques people will occasionally use against you. forewarned is forearmed.

you will remember anecdotes far better than you will remember facts and figures.

>didn't beat the market average,
The dumbest thing in this thread.

As an awkward autist the book was useless to me too. I'm not sure which category of people it's for.

Speculative Portfolio Manager here, AMA.

"The Intelligent Investor" (TII) is not as good as it once was (i.e back in the 19th century, whenever Buffett studied under him). It's got some good ideas, but the world has drastically changed and reading it is an OK introduction to value investing (overall, not contemporary). Recommending TII to someone looking to trade for a living is like recommending Tasty Trade to someone looking to trade options. Don't do it, TII is basically pop-lit (it's in the New York Times best sellers, that should tell you everything).

Haven't read Trump's book. I know some guys would say it's an alright read, nothing groundbreaking.

"48 Laws of Power": Remember the laws and you'll be fine. Good read.

"How to Win Friends and Influence People": Good too if you don't know how to schmooze (see: )
, but don't go overkill. A friend I grew up with obsessed about this book and even now he comes off as forceful and like he's pretending.

None of these books are likely to help you in any dramatic way.

This guy is right. Books are really only good for a few things: History, Classic Lit, and Philosophy. The rest, i.e how-to's, can easily be found on the internet (for free).

Skipped through most of this thread. Discussion is really thin and dumb at the moment.

Thanks for showing us these gar-bage books of gar-BAGE....read the Art of War by Sun Tzu, The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli then read the King James version of the bible...finish these and get back to me cause next will be Timon of Athens but that's some heavy shit...you'll need some help with that one.

which books do you recommend as a good read?
don't necessarily have to be paradigm shifters either.

"Art of War" is the better "48 Laws of Power." The Prince is an alright book, the immorality is hyped to hell and it's a pretty tame book. Would recommend Macbeth before Timon.

I've got a lot of good reads, what are you looking for specifically?

Self help books only enrich the people selling them

Carnegie.

Intelligent Investor goes on your bookshelf to look smart because it has no practical value.

Art of the Deal is good for, well, deals.

Laws of Power is good if you're a sociopath climbing some kind of power ladder or need to stay in a position of power, I guess.

Throw away the Trump book. Wasn't even written by him.

If you have no idea how to make deals with others or have shit people skills read Art of the Deal. That should be the only reason to read it, it is more self help than anything else. The people who call it trash probably haven't read it or don't see the need for its message.

lmao i can tell you are a low energy cuck get the fuck out of my board faggot