Miring my civilization sissy roman?

Miring my civilization sissy roman?

*influences everything forever*

Even Alexander paid homage

HEY ALEX
WHY YOU LOVE COCK SO MUCH

Where do Hellenistic elements of Rome end and actual Roman culture begin?

Alexnder would've gotten his ass beat if he ever stepped into Rome. Just look at what happened to Pyrrhus of Epirus. Latins and Italics are inherently superior to Hellenistics.

I disagree, there's a reason it's called pyrrhic victory and not ceasarian victory, you faggot.

Because PYRRHUS, was the BEST at WAR.

Prove me wrong, bitch.

it didnt

lol, Rome was a fucking backwater at the height of Alexander's conquests. He would have swept them aside just like everyone else who stood in his way.

It was considered a backwater right until they beat pyrrhus in open battle.

The man was regarded in the Hellenic world as a military genius on par with alexander-Rome beating him at all, and forcing him into such shitty "victories" shocked the civilized world.

As quaestor it fell to his lot to serve in Further Spain. When he was there, while making the circuit of the assize-towns, to hold court under commission from the praetor, he came to Gades, and noticing a statue of Alexander the Great in the temple of Hercules, he heaved a sigh, and as if out of patience with his own incapacity in having as yet done nothing noteworthy at a time of life when Alexander had already brought the world to his feet, he straightway asked for his discharge, to grasp the first opportunity for greater enterprises at Rome [Suetonius, Life of Julius Caesar]

Alexander the Great>Caesar AKA Queen of Bithynia, wife of men, bald motherfucker

The Romans literally never defeated Pyrrhus in battle.

Beneventium.

>mfw

Says Alexander inside of a ROMAN painting.

A pyrrhic victory is a bad thing.

Pyrrhus was from the backwater of Greece with no where near the power projection Alexander had
He was also easily drawn off to other ideas instead of committing to one goal

yes yes well done alexander, well done alexander

>however

He was also allergic to ceiling tiles

*unsheatesh gladius*
"psh, veni vidi vici, kid..."

an old lady throwing tiles ended phyrrus.
He died to soon.

Is that really the best/ most authentic depiction of Alexander ? I think I read somewhere that this exact picture is the worst depiction of Alexander out there. Not sure if he was serious or not though.

Why do cucks always have these hollow, sour features. Is this what the average Veeky Forums user looks like?

Really makes Odin think...

I think the bust of Lysippos is considered to be the most accurate depiction. IIRC this is because a Greek author mentioned him as the one who had depicted him the most realistically.

I wonder if they tried to detect pigment particles from that bust like they did with some Roman statues to see if it was painted and how.

God damn elderly ladies
Tbh Pyrrhus makes me feel sad, all the things he coulda done

Cool ! I hadn't seen the bust of Lysippos before. Thank you very much !