I get into a box that makes a clone of me exactly how I am with all my memories up until the last second the button is...

I get into a box that makes a clone of me exactly how I am with all my memories up until the last second the button is pressed. Once the button is pressed, the old me dies instantly and a few seconds later, a new me appears in another nearby box.

Am I dead? Is there a clone running around that thinks it's me? Am I in control of the clone? Should I be asking /sci this question? /pol/? /x/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pdxucpPq6Lc&index=14&list=FLiI-gWhxnp4YgzUklLsAH4Q
plato.stanford.edu/entries/love/#6
dropbox.com/sh/1lxtew0ia9m4e2w/AABlrZM7tCtU2n_jd7W9Gt2ka?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Physical continuity of the brain is interrupted. You are dead.

fuck

Like the other user said, you're dead. Even though there's a clone of you running around that is essentially "you", it exists as continuation of your memories and experiences, but as a separate entity.

You would be dead, and not exist as the clone does.

Does this mean it is impossible to transfer your mind into another body?

You could say that 'you' are still alive, as your identity, memory, personality, etc still exists. But you wouldn't experience that continued life. The other 'you' would be a different entity, however identical.

You dies
And this is why teleportation will never be a thing

Alright, what if:

Body destroyed and all the dust particles get randomized, flow though an air vent, and then, they are assembled exactly as they where.

Am I alive?

If it was possible to transfer your soul (or, if we want to be more """scientific""", your consciousness/mind), then you would simply phase out and wake up later on into a different but same-looking body. It's like a driver leaving one car to drive another: same driver, different car. So in this case, same mind/brain different body.

But what you described is simply the transfer of your memories into a still-lifeless body that is genetically equal to your current body. As this guy said YOU died but your memories didn't.

Long story short, there's a difference between "transferring your memories into another body" and "transferring your mind/consciousness/brain/soul into another body". The former preserves your experiences and is sheer science fiction, the latter preserves your actual "you" and is plain delusional misticism.

Now post link to some saucy material starring that chick on the OP. I'll trust in your taste and wait for some good stuff.

See The issue is that people may not understand they died during the teleportion (as the recreated human will have the memories of the one who died at the destruction)
If this is managed one day and teleportion becomes common, millions of humans will kill themselves like retards everyday and be replaced by perfect "clones" who'll kill themselves at the next teleportion and so on

So borderlands?

delete this picture!!

Thank you everyone who posted.
Feel free to continue the discussion. I'll be reading all of it.
There is more.
Yeah pretty much the exact same thing.
heh

maki is shit, love live is shit

4u

There is more ass, but I am saving it for my next existential crisis.

I hope you understand.

You've already posted enough juicy asses as it is lad, thanks for the dump.

last one just for you senpai

I know this is just a ecchi thread now but here this'll help you decide

youtube.com/watch?v=pdxucpPq6Lc&index=14&list=FLiI-gWhxnp4YgzUklLsAH4Q

last last one
I already watched the last 3 minutes of that and I am still confused.

You're a real neato, m8. Have some Frank Franzetta.

>tfw just 3 days ago Germany fucked Italy in the ass by one score
Kekkity

*Frazetta

I'm stooped.

why are you confused?

Its like if there are 2 literal copies of you with the exact same memories

Me shooting you means you die and your consciousness goes with it and clone you will resume his course of action

You don't have telepathic control over jack shit

clone you and yourself are two distinct individuals with the same features and memories but that is all

You are not dead yet just because you have a exact copy of yourself

You are dead when your physical entity cease to exist as a living organism

This one is really good but is really big and takes a while to post, so I rarely do it. You guys are in for a treat.
Oh sorry, I meant to say "I was confused". I got distracted for a second.

Thank you.

plato.stanford.edu/entries/love/#6

>Filename
Called it.

I can't find any ecchi right now so have an uncensored flash game instead.
dropbox.com/sh/1lxtew0ia9m4e2w/AABlrZM7tCtU2n_jd7W9Gt2ka?dl=0

And read the readme file inside to get the uncensor patch to work.

The question doesn't matter. It's a one hand clapping things. While it's possible to make arbitrations because people are determined to answer the question see:
It really isn't necessary. Who cares? Seriously, while it can be debated, it's a matter of perspective that, unless the answer would create moral objections to the devices use, has no practical outcomes.

>When I press the button the old me dies
>Am I dead?
Yes

You answered your own question,
you died and your clone is alive.

The clone belongs to the category of [YOU-NESS], but is not you.

man philosophy is fucking dumb can't we just keep to math derived subjects

It depends if it has YOUR consciousness

That' why you have to use wormholes instead.

>maki posting
First of all, she is objectively the worst Solge.
Second, Aqours is better than muse in every possible way.
Third, and most important, "you" would not be alive. Despite the fact that there is something structuraly the same way as you are, it's still not the same thing. Your consciousness would be gone, and you'd experience the afterlife, whatever way it is. Think about this: if you put two drops of water next to each other that completely identical, all their atoms are the same in that they are all HHO molecules, and they might even have the same geometrical properties - same shape, same distance between each other, etc - but the atoms themselves are still different.

If we're being pragmatic, you may as well be considered alive - processing the papers for your death and for your clone would be a hassle, and your clone would carry on as if he were you. So, who cares really? If you aren't your clone, then you won't care, ahah. And your clone will feel as if he is you so he won't care for long.